Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Are all the classes canon?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Are all the classes canon?

Akrabra
01.08.2017 , 07:43 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by cool-dude View Post
In the Revan novel, it is a champion of the lightside that is prophesied to defeat the Emperor and be crowned. Consular and Jk fit that evenly.
Good, because i prefer Consular to Jedi Knight.

adormitul
01.08.2017 , 08:03 PM | #22
Champion of the lightside I seem to remember one in the movies who was dark as dark can get but it was in the end a champion of the lightside.

SithKoriandr
01.08.2017 , 10:38 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by adormitul View Post
Champion of the lightside I seem to remember one in the movies who was dark as dark can get but it was in the end a champion of the lightside.
He did a light sided action, but was that enough to make him a champion of the lightside?
"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more...than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so *********** what." - Stephen Fry

adormitul
01.09.2017 , 12:30 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by SithKoriandr View Post
He did a light sided action, but was that enough to make him a champion of the lightside?
Unfortunately yes he even became a force ghost as Obi Wan only light side force users can become like that. He kills children and becomes a champion of the light side.

I mean really that dude was a psychopath and he became a force ghost for doing one light side thing. Stupid force.

SithKoriandr
01.09.2017 , 08:18 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by adormitul View Post
Unfortunately yes he even became a force ghost as Obi Wan only light side force users can become like that. He kills children and becomes a champion of the light side.

I mean really that dude was a psychopath and he became a force ghost for doing one light side thing. Stupid force.
They keep saying only LS force users can become like that, but it keeps being untrue.

I get the feeling the ones powerful enough in the force become the force ghost and Jedi like to think it's just a LS thing. Inquisitor for instance, traps multiple force ghosts and none that I recall, are Jedi.
"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more...than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so *********** what." - Stephen Fry

OldVengeance
01.10.2017 , 01:45 AM | #26
They keep saying only LS force users can become like that, but it keeps being untrue.

I get the feeling the ones powerful enough in the force become the force ghost and Jedi like to think it's just a LS thing. Inquisitor for instance, traps multiple force ghosts and none that I recall, are Jedi.
Isn't that just a retcon from the Clone Wars cartoon that an old EU product like Swtor just cannot accommodate?

SithKoriandr
01.10.2017 , 12:58 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by OldVengeance View Post
Isn't that just a retcon from the Clone Wars cartoon that an old EU product like Swtor just cannot accommodate?
Well, even in TOR the Jedi say only LSers can become force ghosts. That a DS force ghost isn't a force ghost, but something else entirely, but then Empire side...force ghost!

I usually take it to be more of LS and DS having disagreements as to how things are. Like they say one must be light or dark, and there's only one way to get there. That seems a bit true for Dark Side (emotions run amok) but Light Side seems one doesn't actually have to follow the Jedi Code, only the Jedi Code would tend to make it easier (if not a sadder life for many).

OldVengeance
01.10.2017 , 04:25 PM | #28
Well, even in TOR the Jedi say only LSers can become force ghosts. That a DS force ghost isn't a force ghost, but something else entirely, but then Empire side...force ghost!

I usually take it to be more of LS and DS having disagreements as to how things are. Like they say one must be light or dark, and there's only one way to get there. That seems a bit true for Dark Side (emotions run amok) but Light Side seems one doesn't actually have to follow the Jedi Code, only the Jedi Code would tend to make it easier (if not a sadder life for many).
Who says only Jedi can become Force Ghosts in TOR?

SithKoriandr
01.10.2017 , 06:11 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by OldVengeance View Post
Who says only Jedi can become Force Ghosts in TOR?
The Yoda style Master Jedi Admiral who helps you free Revan.