Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Cartel Bazaar vendors reputation change

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Public Test Server
Cartel Bazaar vendors reputation change
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

lordbard
07.21.2018 , 08:47 AM | #61
Quote: Originally Posted by Damask_Rose View Post
I'm a little salty about the idea of people who spend an evening on the slot machine having the same legendary status vendor item availability that I spent far, far too much money building up over the years... I do feel like my efforts are being trivialized.
To be fair, they were trivialized anyway. These reps and titles are not an issue of gaming skill, it’s spending real money or credits on gambling. So...yay you?

No one is losing titles or items (given the assumption that they fix the current issue with the One Rep To Rule Them All).

These complaints are the same that people in WoW voiced when Cataclysm came in and wiped out a few old things.

JediBoadicea
07.21.2018 , 04:01 PM | #62
Quote: Originally Posted by Estelindis View Post
We need a better way to make old systems accessible to new players. But this trivializes past effort (new rep can be very quickly max'd via the slot machine) while at the same time cutting off legacy titles from new players. I would prefer if extra rewards were given to players based on total influence across all cartel reps (probably certificates) and if some other way to obtain the legacy titles could be added. Past effort would be rewarded and no content would be cut off from anyone.
While I'm not as bothered by this change as others, I do agree it would be nice for extra rewards to be given based on total rep across all factions. People who previously earned high rep tiers on those factions did so by spending either a lot of real $$$ or a lot of real time in grinding credits to buy the packs off the GTN (and to be honest I think it's fair to say that most people who did achieve Legend probably did it via the $$$ option).

I totally understand all the reasons that the dev team is making this change, and it makes sense. The change actually benefits players who hadn't yet achieved Legend (provided the titles can be salvaged, but I already made a suggestion about that in a previous post), but if some extra reward given to players who already made the grind isn't too hard to achieve, it would be great. X-number of Certificates for certain rep tier milestones in each faction would be neat, or failing that at milestones of your total cumulative numbers. Don't know how hard that would be to implement, though. Sometimes scripting something that can check all that data and ship out items based on it isn't as easy as it sounds.

darth-zeke
07.22.2018 , 07:18 AM | #63
Well this kind of sucks in my case, mainly because I've spent the past 6 months specifically farming these reputations, putting off buying anything else to finish them up just because I'm a completionist. I only bought the packs when they were cheap enough so I only lost a net total of probably 400 million credits on this endeavor, but the worst part is I've just got 3 reputations left and they're all just about one more hypercrate away from being maxxed out. Considering its taken me 6 months to get as much of the reputations as I have, this patch is coming at the absolute perfect timing for me to get so so close to finishing them (but still not) before they're taken away.

But on the plus side, I'll finally have a reason to buy the new 240 augments once theres no reason for me to buy specific rare hypercrates anymore.

AlrikFassbauer
07.22.2018 , 10:30 AM | #64
What I actually don't understand is this : Why not give those reputation items to Command Crates ?
This would be the least amount of work, I believe. Everything could remain intact.
Complex minds
will create
Complex problems.

DrakeVenku
07.28.2018 , 02:33 PM | #65
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Can you let me know specifically which items aren't working?

Thanks!

-eric
Hey Sorry for the delay(Work Work). With the old reputations i have gained Champion at any vendor. On the Pts i have only newcomer. And only the grey/red and grey/purple dye worked. Every other thing not.
Verd ori'shya beskar'gam - Ein Krieger ist mehr als seine Rüstung.

chaharbagh
07.28.2018 , 06:57 PM | #66
The title "Corsair, The Unruly" cannot be unlocked in the Collections window.
Kindness is a mark of faith, and whoever has not kindness has not faith. -Muhammad (Peace be upon him)

http://www.swtor.com/r/fCXTh4

Damask_Rose
07.30.2018 , 06:57 PM | #67
Quote: Originally Posted by chaharbagh View Post
The title "Corsair, The Unruly" cannot be unlocked in the Collections window.
I have never been able t unlock that one.

phalczen
08.06.2018 , 08:54 PM | #68
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
What About the Legacy Titles / Rep Gear?
Any titles you have earned you will keep. Gear that you have will check against the new rep (which you will meet or exceed the requirement). Those titles will no longer be possible to earn. We may consider options for reintroducing those titles in the future, but there are no plans at this time.
Thanks everyone, let me know if you have any questions!

-eric
I just wanted to repost this for reference:
Binary Star Realty
Magnate (Legend)
Landowner (Friend)

Bounty Supply Company
Armed and Dangerous (Legend)
Licensed to Hunt (Friend)

Esstran Exports
Purveyor of Fine Goods (Legend)
Importer (Friend)

Freebooter's Trade Union
Freebooter (Legend)
The Plunderer (Friend)

Interplanetary Component Exchange
Fixer (Legend)
Troubleshooter (Friend)

The Contraband Resale Corporation
Contraband Connoisseur (Legend)
Discerning Customer (Friend)

These are the titles we should have after tomorrow hits, if we earned them prior to 5.9.2.
If you think I've made a good contribution with this post, I kindly ask that you use my Refer a Friend link! Here is more information about the program.

Valin_Marr
08.14.2018 , 02:49 PM | #69
Ok so have they implemented this change of all the reputation vendors to underworld exchange? I just checked the cartel bazaar and i have no standing with the underworld exchange. Also, i have champion with Yavin 4, Makeb, CZ-198, section x, and oricon, plus hero with 2 or 3 others. Plus when i checked legacy tab all my orignal reputations are still intact with their current level. Did they not combine them with 5.9.2?

NLrave
08.14.2018 , 04:12 PM | #70
Quote: Originally Posted by Valin_Marr View Post
Ok so have they implemented this change of all the reputation vendors to underworld exchange? I just checked the cartel bazaar and i have no standing with the underworld exchange. Also, i have champion with Yavin 4, Makeb, CZ-198, section x, and oricon, plus hero with 2 or 3 others. Plus when i checked legacy tab all my orignal reputations are still intact with their current level. Did they not combine them with 5.9.2?
Only the Cartel Reputations have been merged into one rep; Underworld Exchange.
You get reputation with them from buying cartel packs or from the Contraband Slot Machine Deco which now drops Underworld Exchange reputation consumables.
The reputations you mention are game earned ones which are unaffected.