Incentive to re-visit planets which would idealy tie into other new features

Ithilwen

So, there seems to be a lot of people who would like to be able to decorate or customise their ships, and just as many people that want reasons to go back to lower level planets. (Including me :))

I know they're topics that comes up often, but I couldn't find any threads that completely covered my idea, so...

My Idea is to have 'relics/trophies/treasures' hidden around the planets, designed like the different lore items/datacrons. They could be in the form of crystals, plant samples, animal heads/skins, relics, weapons and so on.

Some items may require a 'treasure map'(rather a reference to the item) located on a later planet before they become accessible on the earlier planet. Maybe even add the odd 'monster/enemy' to guard it that's level appropriate to the planet the 'clue' was found on.

When you find the item it gets placed in the quest/mission tab of your inventory (since this is empty most of the time), untill you get back to your ship and place them in a lockbox.

Then you can select from several 'pre detirmined'(?) locations on your ship to display them, or not at all. Giving people enough options to come up with unique arangements/displays without trying to make it a sandbox area.

This would give people incentive to explore more and perhaps become more imersed in the game (for those that want the easy way out they just go to the guides made by others), as well as for people to travel back to older planets, (not just jump ahead and back to get it then and there (higher level assistance would get around this)). It also provides people with the opportunity to decorate their ship, or rather personalise it to some degree.

I realise it's not creating new areas in the earlier planets for leveling/completing quests, but we might see some phased areas come out of it, maybe a couple that rely on a group to complete?

I don't think it would be too hard to implement... What do you guys think?

(Please support it :D It's something i'd really like to see!)

[Edit] Also, please rate this thread ^^ :sy_star::sy_star::sy_star::sy_star::sy_star:

Edited by Ithilwen
added a bit

Thanks for the support guys!

I'm not sure how hard or easy it would be to implement but I like the idea.

/signed

It would probably require slight changes to small areas on each planet (to make the 'items' surroundings fit if there aren't and suitable places already incorporated), and adding a few enemies to guard them or perhaps the odd instanced area would take a bit of effort. So it's not likely that this would be done in a small patch. Although instanced areas are just an Idea to add a group/teamwork element to a couple of them.

However I don't know much about game design or coding, so I'm just guessing...

There are many things they could do which would help bring more incentives for players to re-visit previous worlds. The dailies is one example which is helping to do this. The upcoming reputation system will help provide more reason to re-visit both Voss and Ilum.

Some things which they could do is have more items sold on different worlds. They could have special vendors which appear during certain times of the day on different worlds and have players try to seek them out. From Tython to Taris, these vendors could be anywhere in the main settlement areas either in a building, out in the open or by an alley.

I don't know about the 'different times of the day thing', it would definately make it interesting, but a lot of people only play for a couple of hours a day, sometimes only on certain days of the week. All those people are going to miss out if they aren't incredibly lucky...

Maybe with your suggestion if they made the location change depending on the day of the week or something?

I still want to be able to find 'treasures' hidden around the planets, especially if they can be used to decorate my ship :D

Definite *Signed* by me.

Sounds like a great idea.

Good post!

Thank you! :D

Even if they did something similar, anything would be great and add to the little things you can do in the game

Edited by Ithilwen

• 1 month later...
I like the idea too! I remember lots of posts 'pre-launch' about how people wanted to decorate their ships. So, even if it is still rather limited, being able to decorate our ships would be awesome! :t_biggrin:

Well, what can I say. I know the concept from other games like LotRO, where guilds can decorate their houses with trophies and stuff. BUT: This only makes sense because others are able to visit the location. The ship in SWtOR on the other hand is only visible to the players themselves and so it is kind of useless. :p