Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Real reason why holotraverse needs to be fixed

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Real reason why holotraverse needs to be fixed

sharkfishman
04.21.2019 , 09:23 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
I should make a montage of all the times I fall through the ground to my death when I force leap on my Jugg. Or all the times I get stuck under the stairs in Yavin and canít get out.

Bugs are bugs, they all need to be fixed. And I still cant see how the OP was able to get where he was by only using holotraverse. Itís not possible without something else happening too. So itís a poor example to use for why holotraverse needs to be fixed.
Did you watch any of the videos? The exploit looks pretty clear there, and all of the cases show the individual veering off in a very different direction than just a straight line.
For my friends, click my referral link for awesome free stuff.
For my enemies, click it just to spite me.

"Don't get cocky."

tharlainmar
04.21.2019 , 09:51 PM | #12
There's nothing else at work here aside from just using holotraverse and having it slingshot me in an angle right into the endzone, you can slow down the clip to 0.25 and you'll see there's nothing else at work. Sure its an exploit maybe if you can pull it off every single time in vandin, i've holotraversed multiple times usually to someone in the opposite ramp of that one, and it sometimes makes me fly and land right before the bottom lightning trap, but this was the first time its gotten me to the endzone, moreover, obviously i'm just trying to holotraverse to anybody that I can get to thats even remotely close to the endzone so I can score unexpecting anything like this clip would even happen

TrixxieTriss
04.22.2019 , 04:31 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by tharlainmar View Post
There's nothing else at work here aside from just using holotraverse and having it slingshot me in an angle right into the endzone, you can slow down the clip to 0.25 and you'll see there's nothing else at work. Sure its an exploit maybe if you can pull it off every single time in vandin, i've holotraversed multiple times usually to someone in the opposite ramp of that one, and it sometimes makes me fly and land right before the bottom lightning trap, but this was the first time its gotten me to the endzone, moreover, obviously i'm just trying to holotraverse to anybody that I can get to thats even remotely close to the endzone so I can score unexpecting anything like this clip would even happen
Is it at all possible that you had a push or pull affect happen at the same time? I know Holotraverse can do weird stuff, but I canít see it sling shotting you that far by itself.
Iíve personally had some extremely weird stuff happen over the years with every class and 99.99% of the time itís because of a third party ability affecting my own.

That_Jedii
04.22.2019 , 06:24 AM | #14
Is it at all possible that you had a push or pull affect happen at the same time? I know Holotraverse can do weird stuff, but I canít see it sling shotting you that far by itself.
Iíve personally had some extremely weird stuff happen over the years with every class and 99.99% of the time itís because of a third party ability affecting my own.
There isn't a single PT/VG or shadow/sin nearby which are the only two classes which I'd imagine come closest to pulling this sort of effect off. The allied sorc on the catwalk doesn't use force pull, nor does the guardian initially attacking OP use force push. It is simply down to holotraverse being buggy. That's it. Pure, plain and simple. There's nothing else here.

Yes we all have weird stuff happen on some classes, but those are rare instances. I've had interesting stuff happen on sniper, but I've been killed more times with my sin's phantom stride. I've not even fallen through the ground by using force leap/charge, intercede or whatever, but holotraverse and phantom stride remain perhaps the buggiest abilities in the game.

Rion_Starkiller
04.22.2019 , 08:20 AM | #15
The wonky holotraverse things that most often happen to me are either: 1. i teleport to target for 0.2s then teleport right back (probably because of uneven ground and/or leaps), or 2. nothing happens at all -- but the ability has been spent.

I never shoot across the screen. You guys have all the fun
-Beruhl
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Lies have been corrected.

sharkfishman
04.22.2019 , 09:15 AM | #16
Are you deliberately ignoring the video evidence offered?

I mean, it's on video. You can see it happening in other warzones. I don't know why you're trying to deflect or prevent the devs from investigating this. Or did the teammates in the videos provided magically push the players from the beginning spawn point to the mid cap point?

"Don't get cocky."

NogueiraA
04.22.2019 , 12:45 PM | #17
Why all the weird stuff that happens in this game is with Operative players?
La'izen | Sentinel
Jedi Laizen | Guardian
Satele Shan
BETA tester

sharkfishman
04.22.2019 , 06:00 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by NogueiraA View Post
Why all the weird stuff that happens in this game is with Operative players?
Because they're OP.

"Don't get cocky."

mandalicstab
04.29.2019 , 08:17 AM | #19
the bug happened to me recently with my sin when i tried to phantom stride a foe.
-i was carrying the ball.
-the foe i targeted for my phantom was a ledge above me.
-just after my phantom on him i was directly teleport on the enemy respwn room
-i was then OS like if i was out of bound.
-i lost the ball
-not sure but i think the one i tried to phantom got the ball
-even if i was teleported to their respwn and had the ball,it did count as marking.
-it happened in the last huttbal released in the game (don't remember the name)
-i only play in regs and solo, so i had no accomplice or anything of the sort to synchronize to make this thing happen.

hope this help figuring out something and help for fixing if some BW staff read this.
My english can be bad , i'm french, sorry in advance for both things ^^.

kukumburr
04.30.2019 , 06:08 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Rion_Starkiller View Post
The wonky holotraverse things that most often happen to me are either: 1. i teleport to target for 0.2s then teleport right back (probably because of uneven ground and/or leaps), or 2. nothing happens at all -- but the ability has been spent.

I never shoot across the screen. You guys have all the fun
Yeah I've played Operative in PvP since Holotraverse was added and I've never had anything more than relatively minor glitches happen with it. I don't think I've ever gone flying across the map. I'm jealous.