Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How good is vanguard/pt dps?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
How good is vanguard/pt dps?

Carbon_Dark
02.17.2019 , 12:37 AM | #1
I've been hearing it's terrible for PvP because of its survivability but I haven't heard much about how it ranks in PvE. Pyrotech/plasmatech is the highest parsing class so would that make it the best or at least a top tier dps class for PvE?

Maxitrac
02.17.2019 , 05:27 AM | #2
Pt is great in the right hands for PvP, and in PvE itís pretty much fotm. If you are to play it as either a tank in PvE or dps in PvP you do need to have a bit of skill to pull it off successfully.
28/31 Nim/MM 5.0
<Paramount> | <Sniper Science> | <Lightning Masters> | <One Eighth>
https://lightningmasters-guild.enjin.com/sales

Spoloma
02.20.2019 , 05:40 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Carbon_Dark View Post
I've been hearing it's terrible for PvP because of its survivability but I haven't heard much about how it ranks in PvE. Pyrotech/plasmatech is the highest parsing class so would that make it the best or at least a top tier dps class for PvE?
Despite idiotic nerfes and range reduction, still vg/pt holds good raid utility. Tactics holds the best burst, which always come in handy, while plasmatech is among the highest parsing dot spect. Tank, however, is mediocre. I mean when bloody adrenal gives you higher dcd than actual shield dcd, you know something is wrong there. Though high mobility definately a positive thing.
Speaking of pvp, as long as you utilize htl and stuns when needed, your gonna melt people down. In the right hands, you can wipe even good players on fotm/op classes.

cool-dude
02.22.2019 , 04:11 AM | #4
I have read a number of different threads about whats viable and whats not, and the general vibe I get is that unless you're a Merc, Marauder, or sniper, don't bother pvping unless the spec you run is healing. In pve, pretty much anything is viable, some more than others depending on your skill with the class.
I'm a cool dude