BioWare says no more open world PvP in the making ever !!

Lord_Karsk

http://ootinicast.com/2013/05/correspondents-report-community-cantina-dallas/

Open World PvP?

Jesse Sky: Difficult to implement and no plans ATM. If we do see more it’ll be more like the Gree event.

There you have it folks,:( what other MMO makers can do easy BioWare can not do.So no reason to stick around

if you are one of the few remaining PvP players who havent alredy left. Btw they actually think Gree event is a

PvP thing lol, nobody i know that is hardcore pvp player care about that PvE event.So just instanced WZ

with little to no support for PvP in the future.And of course no arenas etc we will never see.These are things

Wildstar will have from launch

But i guess it's a good thing we now atleast know the truth.

Edited by Lord_Karsk

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If there was a serious inquiry into what happened to the 300 million that went into development criminal charges would result.

They must have had a good time at the companies expense.

It's the only explanation when a guy like Chris Roberts can do Star Citizen for 20-30 million and this gang of hired hands can't get even the basic copy paste combat from WoW to work properly.

The first time I quit this game I logged out with 2 months on my sub this time I will log out with 1 month left you couldn't pay me to play this again.

Edited by Tekeda

I'm not sure how you translated

Jesse Sky: Difficult to implement and no plans ATM. If we do see more it’ll be more like the Gree event.
to
BioWare says no more open world PvP in the making ever !!

Might want to steer clear of google translate?

Also, Wildstar is not going to have a focus on world PvP objectives from launch, the devs have stated as much.

Edited by Thaed

I'm not sure how you translated to

Might want to steer clear of google translate?

Also, Wildstar is not going to have a focus on world PvP objectives from launch, the devs have stated as much.

Mighty Mouse to the rescue.

Dont be surprised at the developers. All they can do is nickle and dime the community if they want to keep their jobs. EA tells them too milk us and they do it. I bet they are probably ashamed they just nod and do what their masters say unlike other games where the developer teams have a bit of creative control.

Dont be surprised at the developers. All they can do is nickle and dime the community if they want to keep their jobs. EA tells them too milk us and they do it. I bet they are probably ashamed they just nod and do what their masters say unlike other games where the developer teams have a bit of creative control.

They can do nothing else. They have not released anything that was not being developed by the "army of engineers" they had prior to release. Anybody expecting substantial content to be released in the future is in for disappointment.

This game is dead it is what it is at this point Age of Conan 2.0.

Edited by Tekeda

Theres no point in them doing Open-world PvP, no matter what they do people will complain. Also, the demand for it is much lower than what campaigners for it usually believe...

Also "MMO makers can do easy" - Theres not an themepark MMO on the market that doesn't have complaints about the lack of open world pvp. Even the mighty Warcraft.

Theres no point in them doing Open-world PvP, no matter what they do people will complain. Also, the demand for it is much lower than what campaigners for it usually believe...

Also "MMO makers can do easy" - Theres not an themepark MMO on the market that doesn't have complaints about the lack of open world pvp. Even the mighty Warcraft.

I could say the same thing about any aspect of the game. Why do new FPs or operations if people will still complain? Why fix bugs? Why do anything? Maybe they should just stop updating at all, because people will complain anyway.

I don't care for WoW but to say it is a themepark in the same vein as this game is just LOL.

These guys wasted 300 million on a extremely limited on rails VO themepark game and there is nothing left they can't develop they can't fix the horribad combat all they are doing is stringing people along. If you like the game in the current state that is fine but don't you dare defend it and imply that it will ever be anything but what it is now.

When the game has been out 18 months and my global cooldowns are still activated without my abilities working there is nothing else that needs to be said or seen BAD IS BAD.

Edited by Tekeda

"no plans ATM" does not mean "never". In fact, most of the time I've seen devs in MMOs actually say "never!" it ends up happening anyway. Lots of assumptions there.

Honestly, not sure if that many people really care about large scale open world PVP. Even that other game has said they're purposely moving away from doing it and only the old relics that nobody does are left.

If there was a serious inquiry into what happened to the 300 million that went into development criminal charges would result.

They must have had a good time at the companies expense.

It's the only explanation when a guy like Chris Roberts can do Star Citizen for 20-30 million and this gang of hired hands can't get even the basic copy paste combat from WoW to work properly.

The first time I quit this game I logged out with 2 months on my sub this time I will log out with 1 month left you couldn't pay me to play this again.

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/22411625.jpg

"no plans ATM" does not mean "never". In fact, most of the time I've seen devs in MMOs actually say "never!" it ends up happening anyway. Lots of assumptions there.

Honestly, not sure if that many people really care about large scale open world PVP. Even that other game has said they're purposely moving away from doing it and only the old relics that nobody does are left.

Do they care about buggy clunky unimaginative combat? I think they do. Do they care about no major content being released that they don't have to pay for in addition to their subscription fee? I think they do.

This one says 80 million. http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/34533/Analyst_EA_Invested_Roughly_80_Million_In_The_Old_Republic.php

It's all blog and analyst estimates. I've seen various articles suggest anywhere from 80-500 million, they've never released the actual numbers.

Also, I have another article that stats they peaked at 600 developers, and another that says about 360 developers.

Yay gaming journalism!

Edited by chuixupu

If you want PVP, go to the sandbox games. Themepark games will never have decent PVP. There is no loss, and nothing to really gain.

Pathfinder Online, new sandbox game with open world pvp. Still in development though.

Eve Online, sandbox game that is based on pvp... in fact thats the name of the game.

This one says 80 million. http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/34533/Analyst_EA_Invested_Roughly_80_Million_In_The_Old_Republic.php

It's all blog and analyst estimates. I've seen various articles suggest anywhere from 80-500 million, they've never released the actual numbers.

Nor will they ever. Would you? If and I am saying IF they spent 150 to 200 million on this would you be proud of the result?

800 staff for 6 years plus all the food and beverage and lodging they probably paid in addition to the overhead.

Edited by Tekeda

http://ootinicast.com/2013/05/correspondents-report-community-cantina-dallas/

There you have it folks,:( what other MMO makers can do easy BioWare can not do.So no reason to stick around

if you are one of the few remaining PvP players who havent alredy left. Btw they actually think Gree event is a

PvP thing lol, nobody i know that is hardcore pvp player care about that PvE event.So just instanced WZ

with little to no support for PvP in the future.And of course no arenas etc we will never see.These are things

Wildstar will have from launch

But i guess it's a good thing we now atleast know the truth.

What truth? Than SWTOR can't handle a hugh amount of people required for some 100 vs. 100 battles? They can encourage open pvp by putting future quest hubs close together but I would be suprised if we would see a better objective pvp than what we had on Illum. I mean.... if it doesn't matter that you die or that you take some objectives for you or others.... why bother, especially if the easiest and fastest way is going to be kill trading.

What truth? Than SWTOR can't handle a hugh amount of people required for some 100 vs. 100 battles? They can encourage open pvp by putting future quest hubs close together but I would be suprised if we would see a better objective pvp than what we had on Illum. I mean.... if it doesn't matter that you die or that you take some objectives for you or others.... why bother, especially if the easiest and fastest way is going to be kill trading.

Lol it can barely handle 8v8 combat. It took a year of tweaking to get 16 player WZ to run DECENT.

Edited by Tekeda