Star Forge - does Empire ever win GSF?

shyzofreny

As an Empire player, I have yet to win a single GSF match ever since the server merge. Has anyone ever won as Empire, or is it just me?

If you're having a rough time, let me know a time/day and I'll come play with you. We can get you some wins and if you're interested I can teach you some stuffz.

Empire seems to be in a sad state on Satele Shan too, feels like Pubs have more aces, more premades, and when people server swap to us they tend to be Pub. Best games we get are when aces server swap and play Impside, or when we just don't go up against a bunch of aces with our five zero kill teammates :p

Interesting it happens on SF too, you'd think Empire would be more popular (due to edginess) but maybe when it comes to GSF people gravitate towards Pubside to get that pseudo x wing fantasy? IDK

Edited by Lifexless

Empire seems to be in a sad state on Satele Shan too, feels like Pubs have more aces, more premades, and when people server swap to us they tend to be Pub. Best games we get are when aces server swap and play Impside, or when we just don't go up against a bunch of aces with our five zero kill teammates :p

Interesting it happens on SF too, you'd think Empire would be more popular (due to edginess) but maybe when it comes to GSF people gravitate towards Pubside to get that pseudo x wing fantasy? IDK

When I fly on Satele, I almost always fly imp for this reason. My pub toon on that server has been sadly neglected.

I play Republic side more often than not because TEH Imps were jerks about it when I did play over there.

At that point in time, I was pretty much the deciding factor in a match a lot of the time, so why would I carry them? I quit bothering. Now that the servers have merged I probably should start playing both sides again.

part of the issue is with premade garbage. Now I'm new at the game, I suck. I know it. You know it. I need time to get the awareness, the flying down, the nuances of power-up spawn timers, the whole jazz. That'll come, if I keep playing this.

But above else what kills the wish to do so is a 4 man gank squad on the enemy team, or my team to be truthful, roflstomping everyone else. In voice of some kind, with maxed out ships, focus firing us to the point where the first time I notice I've been targeted is the death timer.

You guys want games too, I get it. This is your jam, your cup o tea. But we can both agree, I would hope, that sealclubbing newbie players or partial afkers isn't fun in the least. I see names like Dracolich, know what I immediately do? Stop queuing. When a Deathmatch is 70+ percent finished because of one group of 4 in a 12 person match, with a KDR of perhaps 5 deaths among the lot, it doesn't entice anyone in the losing team to stick to it. Just means that GSF queue is done for the next few hours. This is doubly so if I get the elusive double premades on the enemy team. Those are always fun. :rak_03:

I have no idea what the population of GSF truly is, but I know it is small. There are names out there I have started recognising as problematic. My teammates notice too, as it tends to lead to quitting or ************ in the ops group. Above all else, what I really want is a tier system that bloody well works. Put newbs together, put aces together. Everyone has fun matches, we get experience, you get an exciting time everyone is happy. Why should a player that has an experience total of 27k exp earned from missions (including the 25k from the 1 time bonus) be matched against anyone with 10 million experience earned?

Edited by Shuragel

I see names like Dracolich

Drakolich

know what I immediately do? Stop queuing.

Vae Victis

Just means that GSF queue is done for the next few hours.

I've been hearing this for over a decade across all games, and for the entire history of GSF.

Q still pops tho

EDIT: Corrected Spelling

Edited by Verain

Sorry for misspelling his name, not my intention.

it's Vae Victis, Not victus. that I simply put up because it entertains me. Yes, I lost and stopped playing for a bit. Congratulations?

Is my point moot because I decide that being frustrated for two hours is not worth the bother? Roflstomps are boring. The ones that enjoy them are those that are afk farming for quick pops. Domination goes fastest with 3 caps. If you yourself enjoy them, go wild, but it is a snorefest for other aces, I am sure, and it frustrates newbs to no end. Better matchmaking, premades vs. premades. Please, something that stops a player like me with a KDR of .6 or so, from running into an ace on my fourth match.

Finally, on the last point you bring up, my meaning with that was that personally, I myself, and guildmates of mine that are also solo queuing, stop queuing for a few hours while the aces get their kill fix. I'm not saying you are killing the game by killing us. I have no metrics on that. Queues are still popping, for now, as you say. I'm not quite as positive on the speed of pops after you folks do a few matches, but as I'm not among the one's waiting in the queue at that point, I'll take your word that it is just as fast as your first match.

it's Vae Victis, Not victus.

ty, corrected.

Yes, I lost and stopped playing for a bit. Congratulations?

I mean, yes. Whether you play or not is not up to me as your opponent. My job as your opponent is to fight as hard as possible, without mercy, to win as hard as possible. If you are beaten so hard that you don't queue, I mean, I consider that a complement.

Is my point moot because I decide that being frustrated for two hours is not worth the bother?

Mostly yea. You phrased it like "I'm going home and taking the queue with me!" If you and your friends don't want to play against competition, that's your choice, and nothing I do will ever change that. Nor is changing that anyone's responsibility or anything.

Roflstomps are boring.

I enjoy almost every GSF game, but everyone is entitled to their own opinion on what they like. Heck probably no one even controls what they prefer in any meaningful way.

Edited by Verain

part of the issue is with premade garbage. Now I'm new at the game, I suck. I know it. You know it. I need time to get the awareness, the flying down, the nuances of power-up spawn timers, the whole jazz. That'll come, if I keep playing this.

But above else what kills the wish to do so is a 4 man gank squad on the enemy team, or my team to be truthful, roflstomping everyone else. In voice of some kind, with maxed out ships, focus firing us to the point where the first time I notice I've been targeted is the death timer.

Unlike Verain, I don't much enjoy roflstomps (going either way), unless I'm roflstomping Verain. Then I enjoy it.

Did you know that you can make your own premade? It's like build-a-bear, except it's build-a-premade. This may help. https://discord.gg/xAmkEV