Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Suggestion] Report Bot pop-up

DaemonSpark
02.26.2016 , 07:27 PM | #1
Suggestion: Add "Report Bot" option to the pop-up when right clicking on a player

After playing for a while, I have found two types of bots, and when I click their portrait, I'm only allowed to report spam, harassment, etc. I'd like to be able to report a bot.

The pop-up should allow some options as to type of bot.

Currently active Bot types I've observed feel free to add to the list:

Bot Type A:
Where found: Frequently found in heroic areas on starter worlds. Ord Mantell is plagued
How to spot: Stand on top of rocks, or other areas where mobs cannot reach and range DPS as soon as they spawn. They then click the mob and collect the creds/junk.
Frequency: a few hours a day

Bot Type B:
Where found: Yavin 4
How to spot: LVL 60-65 player with start at 60 armor and minimal achievements. Will stealth and walk around from slicing node to slicing node. They then set their companion to get the slicing loot boxes and re-stealth. I've seen these guys send their comp from 50meters away. Earlier today, they all seemed to simultaneously bug, and the real person slicing efficiency went from 3 nodes per respawn to the expected 10, as there were only 2 real people gathering slicing nodes at the moment, meaning 7 bots.
Frequency: Since 4.1, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week

Eriamea
02.27.2016 , 12:04 AM | #2
Why should the burden be on legit players? They could have implemented a filter a long time ago to prevent mailing or posting the same crap over and over.

DaemonSpark
02.27.2016 , 03:14 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Eriamea View Post
Why should the burden be on legit players? They could have implemented a filter a long time ago to prevent mailing or posting the same crap over and over.
The theory is, see something, say something. If a legit player sees an obvious Bot, there should be an easy 1 click method to report.