Nerf Blood Hunt HM so people can complete it for DvL.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG you cant be serious!!! NERF THE GAME EVEN MORE????

What do you want? The "Win button" ?

Read up guides on your class, learn your rotation, learn mechanics, that fps is perfectly doable without gear (as it was proven with a video on this forum)!! Just go on fleet, shout for competent people, pay them if you have to, but please dont go to forums asking for nerfs, its people like you who have made the game terribly easy and not enjoyable anymore!!

I know! Tank dies because of that stupid green DOT, DPS die because of that stupid blue circles, healer dies because of that swarms of sneaky mandalorians and stupid blue circles and boss have too much health to be killed with rapid shots. I think original poster is onto something. BW have planned it all. They broken Manaan achievement 2 times as a first line of defense, then they added BH and BoR as the second one and do not get me started on the ultimate unobtainable GSF achievement! NEEEEEEERF IT ALL! Or just add the god-droid. To all players.

On a serious note, last time then 2 DPS left BH, me and tank pulled our companions and 2 manned it easily. Because it was tactical.

Nice bait. You captured the spirit of compaints pretty well here.

Edited by RandomName_Ru

If the boss enrages at 30-50% health, then you're not killing the adds fast enough. If your healer is having difficulty healing your group then it's either your healer doesn't know how to heal well under pressure, or maybe your group takes too much unnecessary aoe damage which is caused by lack of awareness or not killing the Mandalorians fast enough. If the tank dies too fast it's most likely the healer does not cleanse them after the boss knock em away.

I've completed the FP Master for DvL and I had to go through like 3 groups before I found the good one and the one who didn't give up easily after 1/2 wipe. We one shot the first boss and the husband and wife and was having difficulty of fighting Torch cause I as tank didn't know how to handle her flamethrower which literally melted me. When I knew, it's as easy as pie. (When she pulls you to be burn by her flamethrower, quickly disengage her to minimize the damage cause it can't be interrupted. When she's hovering up, try to stay away from her while keep throwing Taunt at her to keep her from turning to your DPS)

Edited by StupidWiz

If the boss enrages at 30-50% health, then you're not killing the adds fast enough.

Yesterday while doing HM fps for achievments to my surprise i got a pop as dps!! Im always going as healer or tank to ensure the group makes it and to get a fast pop. I had to get my 216/220 dps gear from my legacy cargo hold since i really didnt expect it. We had a very stupid know-it-all tank who couldnt tank, keep aggro or whatever. Anyway we wiped once due to enrage at 10%, then i told the slinger to just focus boss and ill kill adds, it worked, i always attracted the adds on to me, killed them (TK has nice AOE) and we killed it. Then we went on to kill rest, no wipes, just stupid trash talk from tank since we killed the challanges without him (just 2 dps since he was lockout as he was constantly typing). Easy, L2P

You guys really need to adjust how hard Blood Hunt HM is so that people can complete it for DvL.

It is a joke when people see what FP it is and leaves. People just laugh when someone looks for a group for it. You are going to have a lot of people who can't complete DvL cause of this and then they are going to be pissed and quit the game cause they wasted time doing everything else to get that far and not finish cause of one HM Flash oint that people can't find a group for or get past first boss on. I've been in so many groups as a healer or dps and the boss enrages with 30-50% health left. Not to mention the over powered AOE damage. Or is that your plan from the beginning make it so most of the people who do the whole DvL event can't complete it cause of 1 HM FP?

there is nothing overpowered about this boss aside from it's relativity to other HMFP encounters.

If you have even remotely read your class description and have put 10 minutes of thought into how to play your character, you can do this boss.

If you do not wish to do that, don't. /shrug.

No one is forcing you to do it. If you want the reward, do what is required.

I can relate to the OP's post as I'm a healer with a mix of 216 & 220 gear and while healing isn't a problem as such having breezed though every other HM FP this (and Korriban Incursion) are the last two left to do and I think I have done at least 10 - 12 "attempts" at this and every time the beast enrages and murders the tank no matter how I try to keep him alive. People in chat have always said it's because not enough dps is being brought to bear on it, and as a healer that is something I have nothing to do with.

It sucks no doubt about that and getting a group for it is a task in itself so I can see why the OP is calling for it (at least the 1st boss) to be nerfed. Normaly I wouldnt agree but in this particular case I am leaning towards it.

maybe those people should just stop being ****.

That's an very polite answer.

OMG you cant be serious!!! NERF THE GAME EVEN MORE????

What do you want? The "Win button" ?

Read up guides on your class, learn your rotation, learn mechanics, that fps is perfectly doable without gear (as it was proven with a video on this forum)!! Just go on fleet, shout for competent people, pay them if you have to, but please dont go to forums asking for nerfs, its people like you who have made the game terribly easy and not enjoyable anymore!!

Invite him personally. On your own server. Teach him.

You don't have any teaching skillz ? Bad for him - but not for you, because you can always back out and say "sorry".

there is nothing overpowered about this boss aside from it's relativity to other HMFP encounters.

If you have even remotely read your class description and have put 10 minutes of thought into how to play your character, you can do this boss.

There is nothing not understandable reading the Beowulf aside from it's relativity to other Old Englisxh texts.

If you have even remotely read Tolkien's translations and have put 10 minutes of thought into how to understand them, you can understand this epic.

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

There is nothing not understandable reading the Beowulf aside from it's relativity to other Old Englisxh texts.

If you have even remotely read Tolkien's translations and have put 10 minutes of thought into how to understand them, you can understand this epic.

Dude come on. You're reaching and you know it.

The first boss of Blood Hunt is a DPS check. Yes, I've seen some bad tanks and healers but they'd likely have struggled on pretty much any boss.

If you are consistently failing Blood Hunt, you have a DPS problem.

But the DPS check on this fight is low. It is nothing like many of the HM Ops encounters and certainly not even in the same universe as a NM Operations.

It only feels higher than others because the others have essentially no DPS check.

If you are failing on this boss as a DPS, you probably:

• Do not run StarParse or have any other way of measuring your DPS
  • Have never read a guide on how to play your class
  • Have never asked someone who is familiar with the class for advice or to look at a combat log.

These are basic, fundamental things that nearly anyone can do. And simply choose not to.

There are difficult bosses in this game. I promise, this is not one of them. This is a basic, fundamental-competency check. And while I agree this is one of the first most players will encounter, that does not make it difficult.

I'm sorry but your comparisons are not valid in this case.

This is an interesting analogy. Heavily flawed, of course, seeing as how the 2014 translation (I assume that's what you're referring to?) uses the English alphabet and English words, whereas the original uses letters that are probably unfamiliar to most humans.

Here's a screenshot of a text fragment of Beowulf:

https://engl2220.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/beowulf_doc1.jpg

But let's pretend that your analogy holds water. When would someone ever need to read Beowulf in the original Old English? Perhaps for a literary course? Under a professor of Old English classics! Aha!

You also have to note that there's a gradient for everything. The progression Nightmare Operations raider would need to actually be able to READ Beowulf in Old English. The HM operations raider would probably only need a passing familiarity with the language and figure out some of the words.

But the guy running Blood Hunt? It's it's current incarnation? Would merely need to be able to recognize some of the letters and perhaps identify a few word patterns.

What would you think of the person who signed up for that course, and who had confused Old English with Middle English (expecting a book saying things like "Ye Olde Shoppe"), and simply whined about how hard the course was?

Wouldn't such a person benefit from coming to a forum about Beowulf, swallow their pride just a bit and say, "Hey, I didn't realize that Old English was so hard. Has anyone got any advice?"

I'm certain that many many others would be THRILLED to help that person out.

But that's not what we have here.

Why is it so easy for someone to come to the forums and ask for NERF BOSS, and so difficult to come to the forums and ask for tips, advice or help?

Hmm?

Edited by Khevar

As someone who can confidently complete all of the hm flashpoints I do see where the OP is coming from.

BloodHunt HM has always been set apart from the rest of the flashpoints. While you're bound to get some variance in difficulty across numerous flashpoints, very few can compare to bloodhunt hm's difficulty despite all being considered "HM".

Given the downright pitiful rewards for Bloodhunt HM, the challenge in no way matches the reward.

The majority of people who can complete this successfully are already doing harder content and have better equipment.

While I'm not fond of nerfing things to the ground, it makes little sense to me when reward fails to reflect the difficulty. If not for DvL I'd never have made an effort to do this flashpoint again. You can essentially just run EVHM with 3 dps and 1 heals to mimic the difficulty level and still net better rewards.

HM flashpoints should all be about the same tier in difficulty and reward accordingly. Bloodhunt HM, Lost Island HM, and Battle of Rishi in my experience have required a much higher skill level to complete than the rest. In a perfect world players would simply be better. The reality is that the playerbase is of varying skill level.

Truth be told, there are players now running around in 6 piece 224 sets that can't parse 3k on a dummy. If I hadn't already completed this FP a ways back (for dvl), I too would be fairly desperate to complete it. However, it would have nothing to do with my personal ability, but that of the players I would be randomly grouped with also attempting to finish.

Bloodhunt HM, Lost Island HM, and Battle of Rishi in my experience have required a much higher skill level to complete than the rest. In a perfect world players would simply be better. The reality is that the playerbase is of varying skill level.

Early on, HM Lost Island gave better rewards (Columi for each boss and Rakata chestpiece from Lorrick), as well as a chance for a rare pet (Midnight Rakling) to compensate for the increase in difficulty.

It's too bad this philosophy was abandoned.

Edited by Khevar

Early on, HM Lost Island gave better rewards (Columi for each boss and Rakata chestpiece from Lorrick), as well as a chance for a rare pet (Midnight Rakling) to compensate for the increase in difficulty.

It's too bad this philosophy was abandoned.

There is a chance for a walker to drop from last boss

Invite him personally. On your own server. Teach him.

You don't have any teaching skillz ? Bad for him - but not for you, because you can always back out and say "sorry".

Well he is probably american so he wouldnt come over to EU :)

Anyway, this is not something you can explain by typing in chat or on voice chat. This is something the player has to discover himself. I was also like that, I was also wearing Willpower stuff when i started playing on my sentinel, but people told me my dps is bad so i read guides!

This is not the way it works, that you go to the forum and complain its too hard and needs a nerf!! That is why im mad about this! Yes the Flashpoint has increased difficulty, so what? Face it! Work on it. As soon as you see there are people who do it, then you shouldnt whine on forums. I remember when the fps came out, we went there are also enraged on the first pull cause we didnt expect such a tight enrage. But then we killed it, I dont remember the numbers but you did need considerable dps when the fps came out, but for a NiM raider it was not a problem. People did that boss with no gear even.

People should learn to play and not ask for nerfs!

Yesterday while doing HM fps for achievments to my surprise i got a pop as dps!! Im always going as healer or tank to ensure the group makes it and to get a fast pop. I had to get my 216/220 dps gear from my legacy cargo hold since i really didnt expect it. We had a very stupid know-it-all tank who couldnt tank, keep aggro or whatever. Anyway we wiped once due to enrage at 10%, then i told the slinger to just focus boss and ill kill adds, it worked, i always attracted the adds on to me, killed them (TK has nice AOE) and we killed it. Then we went on to kill rest, no wipes, just stupid trash talk from tank since we killed the challanges without him (just 2 dps since he was lockout as he was constantly typing). Easy, L2P

Yeah, I never run HM FP as DPS. I mainly tank, and heal with my Medicine Operative for Imp exclusive HM FP. BT, BP and Foundry (was really fun healing as Operative :D ). One thing I noticed when I tank in HM FP is that as DPS you really want to utilize your aoe rotation optimally if the boss spawns adds, especially for certain spec (such as Hatred/Serenity Assasin/Shadow). That includes trying to get em together if they're melee, or bring em close to the boss to damage the boss as well. Really helps in dps check situation. Man, I'm tempted to learn how to Plasmatech, sometimes I'm bored tanking as Vanguard lol.

Edited by StupidWiz

Once again people can't read. Yet another post that got so off topic and key things from Original post over looked. Target a single person cause they posted something. Ignore the fact that they are talking about people quiting group when they see what FP it is. Laugh in gen chat when someone is looking for a group for this FP. As stated in Original Post.

Only 1 out of every 10 groups that pop in GF for this actually follows through with it. The rest people leave. HM an NiM progression people have even said this FP is worse than those Operations. If people can't read then I suggest they lay off the video games and do some Leapfrog, ABC mouse, one of those Pre-K to 5th grade learning programs or go back and get their G.E.D if they dropped out of school.

Now, tbh i did think that bolster is enough to run all the hmfps until last night i did run LI with a group of ~60 all of us in the DvL experience set. I couldn't pull more than 4.2k dps on my scrapper so we wiped 4-5 times on Lorric at ~20% in burn phase. After changing to a 65 lvl AP Vanguard which was crappy geared but not with empty shells it wasn't a problem. So i've slightly changed my mind - depending on bolster is not a good idea.

Just do what I did : don't be cheap. Pay competant people for their time to group with you and run through it. I'm a solid dps can put out my 5.5k on a target dummy, I interrupt, I CC, I dont break CC and I follow tactics and kill orders. I know all the fights. Combined with sitting in a TS and following instructions it meant I can one shot EVERY SINGLE HM FP in the game and I did: for all the ones where I paid decent people to run with me. When I didn't, when I just queued GF? 7 wipes to trash on cadmeiu tactical before group disbands after wiping on first boss.

I don't know how you wipe in Cad. I really don't. Don't ask me how we managed it, but we did. My time isn't worth that sh*t. So don't be cheap. Just pay some decent guys/guild to run you through.

Only 1 out of every 10 groups that pop in GF for this actually follows through with it.

And where's that statistic from?

HM an NiM progression people have even said this FP is worse than those Operations.

Show me one quote from a serious raider that thinks that ANY FP is as hard or harder than Operations. I'll be waiting.

If you don't want to up your gameplay to a level that is needed to complete content, fine, that's your choice. But don't complain that you can't do it simply because YOU don't meet the requirements.

Oh, and given your signature, in case you're trolling: Doesn't matter. Just look around here in this subforum to see that there are actually people that think like that. So my point still stands.

Edited by Torvai