5.x Gear Progression via Galactic Command Crates

Who knows, maybe NiM will drop BiS gear at launch this time.

That would actually be horrible for pvp. Since expertise is going away, that would mean that the best pvp gear can only be attained by running NiM operations. So, either way, this is gonna suck.

I actually like most of the changes. However as someone who enjoys raiding and clearing certain bosses for specific gear this command crate system gives you no guarantee that you will get the gear you need to complete your set bonus or desired setup. This is horrible design and a step backwards. As someone who just resubbed to the game this is not something that is a good idea, you are going to alienate subscribers and people who do not have a lot of time to play.

If there was a way for you to specify for your subclass what type of crate you could receive as a rewards "Weapons, Ears, Artifacts, Armor" etc or it would give you items that you hadn't received previously or something it would make more sense, but getting no guaranteed drops is ridiculous.

Is this a joke?

They trying to tell me i have to farm heroics and pvp for my ops gear?

Correction: for A CHANCE at ops gear?

That's a double NO! for me.....

Just when you think bioware couldn't take a bigger dump on the endgame and pvp communities.

Good luck with your MMO bioware.

Did i say MMO? I meant Cartel Pack Simulator 2016 -_-

Jesus Christ...

So for anyone that wants specific gear (because I know my tanks will all get great does gear long before they get any ranking gear) or for anyone that can only play a little bit here and there... sucks to be you? That's the impression I'm getting anyway.

I've been a sub almost without interruption since this game launched, I can't always be on doing stuff, I liked having a schedule where I could still progress and keep up with my guild and whatnot. Is that going to no longer be realistic?

I guess we will see just how fast you can get gear from ops.... Joy.

That would actually be horrible for pvp. Since expertise is going away, that would mean that the best pvp gear can only be attained by running NiM operations. So, either way, this is gonna suck.

Dude, please start reading the info available to all of us. the BEST crates do not drop from anything. The best way to advance your LEVEL is by more challenging content. Your LEVEL determines the quality of gear not the difficulty of how you got there.

It is possible to get the best gear in the game by doing solo mode flash points but it will take a very long time.

Dude, please start reading the info available to all of us. the BEST crates do not drop from anything. The best way to advance your LEVEL is by more challenging content. Your LEVEL determines the quality of gear not the difficulty of how you got there.

It is possible to get the best gear in the game by doing solo mode flash points but it will take a very long time.

I don't think you understood why I typed what I did.

I was specifically commenting on this:

Before we go crazy at BW for messing with gear again, we should wait and see, you're forgetting they likened it to commendation gear which frankly isn't even remotely good. Who knows, maybe NiM will drop BiS gear at launch this time.

Here's hoping.

...which I interpreted as a hypothetical that maybe what EM is referring to as the "best" gear in game is something akin to the 224 data crystal (non optimized, no set bonus) gear, which many people in the past have incorrectly referred to as the "best" gear (highest rating, therefore it must be the best, right?). This hypothetical scenario included the possibility in which the optimized-with-set-bonus-actual-best-gear (aka BiS) would drop from NiM. My comment was pointing out how bad that hypothetical would be for pvp, given the removal of expertise. When the yellow posts say "best" gear without extrapolating on what that means exactly, people start to wonder.

Edited by teclado

This update is going to destroy the raiding community, moreso than it has already been ravaged.

I disagree, the lack of ops or changes to ops is what is hurting the raiding teams, the focus on solo content has effected the raiding community, but raiding being one of the faster ways to get gear... will only bolster the desire to do the ops. which imho is great.

Don't get me wrong I'm not tickled the crates are random I think that a really bad idea... personally I think it should be comms or tokens that drop. but crates make me think that very soon you'll be able to buy gear crates from CM. Which is about the worse thing for SW since Jar Jar.

Elites and Champions in Operations drop CXP, not just boss encounters. I guess people are just going to farm SM and HM Bestia until lv100 then. If anyone from Bioware happens to read this thread, please reconsider all the facets brougth up in this thread, but if nothing else, at least this. Tie the bonuses to boss kills only, but boost the CXP drop for example.

Elites and Champions in Operations drop CXP, not just boss encounters. I guess people are just going to farm SM and HM Bestia until lv100 then. If anyone from Bioware happens to read this thread, please reconsider all the facets brougth up in this thread, but if nothing else, at least this. Tie the bonuses to boss kills only, but boost the CXP drop for example.

I had the same idea but Musco said that there is going to be a weekly cap on cxp

Are the bosses going to drop anything? It was always good to see something drop from a boss fight. To see nothing and then move on is a little...boring.

Cosmetic stuff: pets, decos, mounts, equipment shells (e.g. corrupter blade) will all still drop of OPs bosses. And probably whatever the new exotic materials are.

Cosmetic stuff: pets, decos, mounts, equipment shells (e.g. corrupter blade) will all still drop of OPs bosses. And probably whatever the new exotic materials are.

I would not put it past them to forget to include things like the Corrupter Blade, or Karagga's Unyielding Helm, when they change the ops boss loot tables, considering that they forgot about Kallig's Countenance when they changed the SI class quests, the conquered exarch bracers that are supposed to drop from paladins in the Star Fortresses, the vanished decorations from HM FPs, and the ability to access literally hours of cinematic content that make up the conclusions to over a hundred heroics.

I don't think you understood why I typed what I did.

I was specifically commenting on this:

...which I interpreted as a hypothetical that maybe what EM is referring to as the "best" gear in game is something akin to the 224 data crystal (non optimized, no set bonus) gear, which many people in the past have incorrectly referred to as the "best" gear (highest rating, therefore it must be the best, right?). This hypothetical scenario included the possibility in which the optimized-with-set-bonus-actual-best-gear (aka BiS) would drop from NiM. My comment was pointing out how bad that hypothetical would be for pvp, given the removal of expertise. When the yellow posts say "best" gear without extrapolating on what that means exactly, people start to wonder.

Each piece we get (armor) will have set bonus so we begin to build on that from the first piece we get.

I would not put it past them to forget to include things like the Corrupter Blade, or Karagga's Unyielding Helm, when they change the ops boss loot tables, considering that they forgot about Kallig's Countenance when they changed the SI class quests, the conquered exarch bracers that are supposed to drop from paladins in the Star Fortresses, the vanished decorations from HM FPs, and the ability to access literally hours of cinematic content that make up the conclusions to over a hundred heroics.

That's true! So sad! :(

if i were BW i might think about changing how the loot works (like cxp giving tokens) to make the raiders happy, relatively, since there not being any new operations has taken a back seat to the new gear grind.

i think they can use some kind of restricting when populating loot, like letting you choose the role, or looking at your loot history.

I cannot speak to everything here but, the nerf of the drop rate on decos from HMFPs and the removal of heroic conversations were a conscious decision on their part.

I AGREE that the deco nerf was ill-advised, but what's done is done.

And let me ask you this: Do you think that heroics would have gotten the participation burst that they did, if a player or group had to go to an NPC (that was a significant distance from the heroic area) and talk to them to complete each one? I know for me, that would get annoying REAL fast and I would not have done nearly as many heroics as I did over the course of the past year.

And let me ask you this: Do you think that heroics would have gotten the participation burst that they did, if a player or group had to go to an NPC (that was a significant distance from the heroic area) and talk to them to complete each one? I know for me, that would get annoying REAL fast and I would not have done nearly as many heroics as I did over the course of the past year.

I don't know which posts you've been reading, but I've yet to see anyone ask to remove the fast-travel / instant-turn-in option for heroics.

Usually the suggestion reads like this:

1. If you use the heroic terminal to pick up the quest, it will auto-complete as per the current system.

2. If you were to approach the original quest giver for the heroic, you would experience the original starting dialog, then upon completion of the heroic you would then return to the quest giver for turn-in and ending dialog, as per the old system.

Edited by Khevar