Ranked Solo Queue

Draekos

It's supposed to come out with season one. No ETA.

(I wonder if it means that you "just" get to queue solo or if also means solo-queuers only get to go up against solo-queuers)

Edited by Veniras

Cool hopefully this isnt one of those things that gets dropped over time. I'd love to play some games with pure solo queued players(although am sure someone will find a way to get around it anyway).

Cool hopefully this isnt one of those things that gets dropped over time. I'd love to play some games with pure solo queued players(although am sure someone will find a way to get around it anyway).

You and me both. PUGS vs Groups just aint fun.

You and me both. PUGS vs Groups just aint fun.

And how would solo q change that? oh right, you will have silly groups like 8 dps, or 5 tanks, 5 healers and stuff like that, WHILE still getting crushed vs full 8man premades.

Oh, you hopping for a separate queue? dream on.

A pvp ladder with ranking ceases to be accurate if you exclude half the pvp players from it.

"look guys i has 2500 rating, and did it all by never facing anyone remotely interested in pvp, because they played 8man premades and i solo queued.":rolleyes: -> i am pro right? /lol

Edited by Dmasterr

(I wonder if it means that you "just" get to queue solo or if also means solo-queuers only get to go up against solo-queuers)

SInce there are separate ratings for playing solo RWZ and playing grouped RWZ, they will be separate queues.

(probably also one of the reasons why solo RWZ aren't in yet - they don't want to separate playerbase before cross server queues are implemented)

/COLOR] -> i am pro right? /lol

Actually it was something BW had in place at one time pre 1.2. I was just wondering what happened as I was running into 4 man premades in full WH, etc in the non ranked queue while back on my former main. I will likely be solo there in perpetuity when I dust him off so I was curious if that sort of gameplay was still planned..

They need to do pug finder for rateds.

2 heals, 2 tanks, 4 dps. minimum exp 1.1

but pug must be vs pug only.

too many "top" nolifers guild now getting rates on pugs.

id like to say on my server there are some "small balls" pugs that goin only to get rated comms.

1 player can NOT take credit in a 8man team pvp. You can be the best pvper in the world 2 times over, if you get teamed up with horrible pvp players you will lose.

So you basically roll the dice and pray to the RNG gods, that your team will not suck, giving you an auto lose.

Solo q pvp is not a skilled pvp part of the game, and can never be one.

Solo q pvp is : look at my RNG luck with team matchmaking while i avoid most of the good pvpers because of system design, excluding the chance you of meeting them.

How can anyone good at pvp that played solo q normal wz, even suggest solo q for ranked? Then assume that anything he "achieves" in it is more an indication of skill than valor rank.

How can you even put up with that torture? of solo q.

5char

Well, I am. Until the point when I unsub due to crushed dreams ;)

PREMADES (2+ more people grouping together) SHOULD NEVER MEET PUGS.

(And thank you for affirming my preconception about people who use coloured text and 'lol'.)

Well, I am. Until the point when I unsub due to crushed dreams ;)

PREMADES (2+ more people grouping together) SHOULD NEVER MEET PUGS.

(And thank you for affirming my preconception about people who use coloured text and 'lol'.)

Yes, god forbid ppl play with friends in an MMO. Everybody knows mmo's should focus and spend resources in SINGLE PLAYER mode.:rolleyes:

Yes, god forbid ppl play with friends in an MMO.

Not at all. That's why groups/premades should meet premades.

Everybody knows mmo's should focus and spend resources in SINGLE PLAYER mode

Well, it would be sound business practise to cater to more than the PVP guilds. ;)

Honrstly, you do not really have any good arguments, so I'm just going to stop responding to you. Have fun with the trolling.

And how would solo q change that? oh right, you will have silly groups like 8 dps, or 5 tanks, 5 healers and stuff like that, WHILE still getting crushed vs full 8man premades.

i am pro right? /lol

Well, no Bioware could do something similar to the LFP tool and organise solo into groups with set numbers in a group role (tank, healer, or dps). Would work fine if they did that and put players into groups based on rank. Over time would get an idea of who best PvPers of each class were.

It will be a separate queue for only solo queues and you will have a separate rank from the team ranking.

I believe the reason they couldn't role it out yet is because they wanted the server populations to settle before they started cross server. If they tried to do team and solo before cross server was perfected, then there would be a huge issue, as queues for ranked are already pretty long.

If they had opted to go with solo before team I think that would have made a lot of people who just want to be able to play together very angry.

I am sure that it won't just be tabled and never come out, but I am also sure that it will be months before it does come out. After all 1.3 just launched.

It will be a separate queue for only solo queues and you will have a separate rank from the team ranking.

I believe the reason they couldn't role it out yet is because they wanted the server populations to settle before they started cross server. If they tried to do team and solo before cross server was perfected, then there would be a huge issue, as queues for ranked are already pretty long.

If they had opted to go with solo before team I think that would have made a lot of people who just want to be able to play together very angry.

I am sure that it won't just be tabled and never come out, but I am also sure that it will be months before it does come out. After all 1.3 just launched.

I likle your post, mainly because you express my hopes, but also because you have taken obstacles and reasoning for things into it. I guess there's no more I can do but to wait for season one and see what happens then.