Gav Daragon's Belt -- Appearnce Changed

Andryah

If you're not going to fix it, could you at least get them to admit it? They did this with other belts too (notably the Genteel Dress belt) without any warning, but that was only for males. It's still horribly offensive, considering that the display pictures show it one way, but when you get it and equip, it appears totally different. Please get someone to restore or replace our belts.

If you're not going to fix it, could you at least get them to admit it?

/Agree.

Hey... Tait!? Tait!!?? It would be helpful if you could give the players some sort of answer here. It might or might not be the answer any particular player desires....but it's an answer and we can cope with it I am sure.

So..... Again....... Working as intended? OR Bug? Please to let us know. :)

Andryah... But... Lol I can't believe it!

Everything is supposed to be perfect! They changed it because that's the way it's meant to be, no? You should be happy with them changes! It happens, move along, and wear something else that makes you happy! Can't believe that you're not actually grateful for them applying dynamic changes to gear instead of having the same, static, belt for the whole time!

Hmm, the fact that they're not responding to Andryah's rage bump makes me believe that the rumors, sadly, aren't true. ;[

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

Hey folks! Sorry I've been so quiet on this one - I was chasing down some information for you.

This is definitely a bug and we are going to work on getting it reverted back to its previous looks. I don't have an ETA for you yet, but will make sure I let you know when I find out when it's getting taken care of.

Thanks!

-tw

Edited by TaitWatson

Hey folks! Sorry I've been so quiet on this one - I was chasing down some information for you.

This is definitely a bug and we are going to work on getting it reverted back to its previous looks. I don't have an ETA for you yet, but will make sure I let you know when I find out when it's getting taken care of.

Thanks!

-tw

Thank you! I am so much happier now!

Thanks!

-tw

Thanks Tait! I appreciate you taking time to let us know that it is a bug and will get reverted to the original.

Thanks!

-tw

How come reverting relatively simple changes like this always take such a long time anyway?

• 1 month later...

OK, I am very disappointed. With today's patch 2.7.1, the downward pointing flap was added to the chestpiece, and the belt has no flap.

So sad, so sad. :( :( :(

I paid real money to unlock this set, and paid real money in the Appearance Designer to change multiple toons to look better when wearing this belt. I patiently waited for months for Bioware to fix it, and now they completely change the look of the belt and the chestpiece.

My toon wears Gav Dragon's Tunic and since last patch its appearance changed and it totally ruined my char's look :( It now looks like she wore belt from this set (previous design). Why did you have to ruin that? Why couldn't you leave it as it was?

Screenshots:

Before: http://i.imgur.com/nzqxXiO.jpg

Now: http://i.imgur.com/OjfAvlc.jpg - it looks like she has two belts, WHY?

I liked this chest so much... :(

With today's patch 2.7.1, the downward pointing flap was added to the chestpiece, and the belt has no flap.

So now TWO pieces from this set need to be fixed?

OK, I am very disappointed.

With good reason, I'd say...

So let me get this straight . . . we had a messed up belt, they "fixed" it, and now we have a messed up belt and a messed up chest piece? I know Bioware's artists just love attaching flaps and bits to chest pieces, but come on! >.<

I was really looking forward to using that belt. :( Please fix it so it is like it was when I bought it!

OK, I am very disappointed. With today's patch 2.7.1, the downward pointing flap was added to the chestpiece, and the belt has no flap.

So sad, so sad. :( :( :(

I paid real money to unlock this set, and paid real money in the Appearance Designer to change multiple toons to look better when wearing this belt. I patiently waited for months for Bioware to fix it, and now they completely change the look of the belt and the chestpiece.

They seem to tie a lot of the extra doodads to chest pieces in this game. This is a really lame way to fix the problem if it was deliberate.

Hopefully they'll get this changed back.

I bought a car a few months ago and it didn't have a spoiler on the back. And then, all of a sudden, a secret compartment opened up and a spoiler popped out. Now my car has a spoiler and I hate it! I called the car dealer and said "*** - why did this spoiler pop up on the car I bought from you 6 months ago?" And the car dealer is like "Well the salesman was supposed to push that button and make the spoiler come out. He forgot to do it then, but that's what we intended. All this time it was supposed to have a spoiler. So your car has a spoiler now. Enjoy!"

No, it was not 'corrected'. It was CHANGED.

As players, we have no idea what the original design of something calls for. If you introduce something to the game and it looks like a dog, you can't then change it later on and say 'well the design was meant to look like a cat' because people were spending their real money to get an item that looked like a dog.

Please go back to the design staff and ask them to put the 'flap' back on the belt as it originally was released. The lack of QA (seriously, if the flap was intended to be part of the chestpiece, why didn't QA catch this and hold the item or fix it prior to release?) isn't the player's fault, and I'm sure a number of players purchased JUST the belt because of its original in-game appearance.

Otherwise, how are we supposed to have confidence in getting things from the CM when they can be changed later on with the handwave excuse of 'the original design called for...'

No, it was not 'corrected'. It was CHANGED.

As players, we have no idea what the original design of something calls for. If you introduce something to the game and it looks like a dog, you can't then change it later on and say 'well the design was meant to look like a cat' because people were spending their real money to get an item that looked like a dog.

Please go back to the design staff and ask them to put the 'flap' back on the belt as it originally was released. The lack of QA (seriously, if the flap was intended to be part of the chestpiece, why didn't QA catch this and hold the item or fix it prior to release?) isn't the player's fault, and I'm sure a number of players purchased JUST the belt because of its original in-game appearance.

Well, technically, they did fix it ( the outfit), but not the way we had hoped. The chest piece was updated to show/carry the triangular metal extension (doh!!) and the belt has now had it's icon changed to match the thin belt. And, in looking at it post patch, I can totally see that the design of the outfit was to put the extra metal on the chest. The real question is who put it on the belt to begin with and why... but we won't likely get that.. so time to move on IMO.

So.... while this improved the chest piece nicely (though it's kind of funky now with some belts), they did nothing to put the belt back to original (which apparently was caused by the graphic being on the belt and not the chest piece ....which is probably how the designer intended to begin with).

AND.. Tait has confirmed this above. Though what we all thought was they would fix it back rather then add the metal section to the chest piece....an example of players (including myself) projecting our thoughts and desires, whereas the designer had other plans.. and if it was done right to begin with.. none of us would be coveting the cool belt with a triangular gold styling to it. :p

Edited by Andryah

Otherwise, how are we supposed to have confidence in getting things from the CM when they can be changed later on with the handwave excuse of 'the original design called for...'

Protip: ALL virtual content inside an MMO is owned exclusively by the game company and subject to change, withdrawal, additions at any time without player consent.

We don't have to like it, but it is the way your ToS/EULA reads. You have the right to use the content, under license, to play the game.. but you (and me, and everyone) have no rights to dictate or demand any control over the content. This includes CM content.

As the original poster of this bug report, I consider the bug closed with this last patch (even though they addressed it differently then we the players wanted). And I appreciate Tait closing with us on this, even though the answer was different then we all thought.

It's prudent, IMO, to not get too personally and emotionally attached to virtual content that is cosmetic, particularly since we have literally thousands and thousands of ways to combine the adaptive CM gear into unique and pleasant looking outfits.

Edited by Andryah

I have been using this chest as my main's armor (with a black dye, fully augmented) since it came out in January. I hate the current look and it ruins the rest of my outfit.

Please STOP changing existing chest pieces. If you want to release a "corrected" version then please in the future do what you did with some of the previous armor sets and release a "Classic" version as well as the "flawed" one.

Further, why on earth would the belt appearance not be part of the belt? Why are belts so often attached to chest pieces? What purpose does the belt slot serve then?

MMOs are all about cosmetics. It's the little things that matter.

ALL virtual content inside an MMO is owned exclusively by the game company and subject to change, withdrawal, additions at any time without player consent. ... It's prudent, IMO, to not get too personally and emotionally attached to virtual content that is cosmetic

Selling virtual items in a game is a tricky business, since the items are intangible, so the only value that the virtual items provide is entertainment to the players.

The game company must foster the trust of the players that the virtual items will provide entertainment, or else players won't buy them. When a game company breaks the trust of the players by changing (or removing) a virtual item that a player paid for, then the game company runs the risk that players may stop buying virtual items.

I want SWTOR to be as successful as possible. I want Bioware to make money, and I want the employees who work on this game to continue to be employed. I think it would be prudent for Bioware to avoid changing virtual items that players have paid real money for, and to revert back these particular changes.

I have been using this chest as my main's armor (with a black dye, fully augmented) since it came out in January. I hate the current look and it ruins the rest of my outfit.

See.. and I think the change to the chest piece improves it greatly. It always seemed slightly off to me. I too use a black dye on it and the chest needed the extra gold IMO.

Different people, different tastes. Which of course does not change the fact that we are not going to see the belt back to it's original look...... but life goes on, even inside imaginary worlds.

See.. and I think the change to the chest piece improves it greatly. It always seemed slightly off to me. I too use a black dye on it and the chest needed the extra gold IMO.

Different people, different tastes. Which of course does not change the fact that we are not going to see the belt back to it's original look...... but life goes on, even inside imaginary worlds.

And I'd be fine with this if they did what they did with other sets where they released a "flawed" version people got attached to--release a "classic" version that is its original state, like the Phantom and Classic Phantom sets. That way both looks are in the game and everyone wins.

I just don't see why a belt is not a belt, lol.

The original design of the piece called for the "flap" to be part of the robes

Once a piece is released in a non-defective state, and people have made their spending decisions based on that, the original design is irrelevant. If for whatever reason you still want to release the original design, the right thing to do is to make it a new, distinct piece.

(I would have thought Bioware had learned that lesson with the first round of 'classic' armors...some of which, by the way, are among my favorite pieces, though I never would have spent a single credit on the 'original designs'.)

Also, given the number of cartel market items with actual defects, using time that could have been spent fixing those to 'fix' something that wasn't even defective is a disservice to your customers.

It IS an intended change. to what it was advertised to be.

The actual appearance in-game overrides any previews or advertisements. And that's what people should be able to feel safe using as the basis for their spending decisions.

I want this game to be around for a long time, but with a cash shop that people can't trust, I don't know...

I understand that the tunic and belt are now as they were originally intended to be. However, that is not what we bought. I got the entire armor set for my Collections because I really liked the original tunic--without the below-the-belt decorations--but I have no interest in the current version, so it is useless to me now. Is there any chance of a "classic" version being released?