Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

A class question.

Eyeless_Camper
05.26.2014 , 12:22 PM | #1
I have been playing TOR on and off here and lately i have been getting more into it.
Me and a friend play daily together when we are both online and i was thinking about a character to play when he is not online since we want to be equal in quest lines.

I really like pve and questing but i might get into PvP eventually in the future.
My main i play with my friend is a Sniper since i like to take down mobs really really fast with big hit numbers.
So, i am now wondering what would be a good secondary class for me to play when my friend is not online?

I would prefer the Empire side but i could also go with republic if i find a really fun class there.
I have tried a Mercenary for the job but while it have awesome aoe, i struggle with single elites or similar strong mobs that you cant waste in 1 attack.

--Eyeless_Camper

venomlash
05.26.2014 , 03:50 PM | #2
Commando/Mercenary is your best bet for solo questing, though Shadow/Assassin is also good if specced for tank. No DPS can one-shot elites, really. Try Gunnery/Arsenal Commando/Mercenary for good burst and survivability.
Quote: Originally Posted by MichelleArcher View Post
Hey there, all! This thread has passed the dreaded 1,000 post limit, and is now in fire. Thanks for the fun, but we feel this discussion as run its course. We will not be restarting this thread.
Jarrant Gartin, Gunnery Commando, Spark of Hope, Begeren Colony

Eyeless_Camper
05.26.2014 , 07:19 PM | #3
It was arsenal mercenary that i tried and didnt work so well with, is Sith assassins any good with single target dps?

DomiSotto
05.27.2014 , 07:27 AM | #4
Why don't you try one of the Melee to see how you like it? Warrior have an advantage of getting a Healer companion fast, which basically makes dying improbable after he gets CC at level 30. By the same reasoning a Shadow Consular might be interesting for you, but playing Shadow/Sorc takes learning, a lot of attention and flexible approach to speccing. Well, in my humble.

Are you using your crafting to gear up (to all blues, appropriate set of stats, switch every 2-4 levels)? A combination of Cybertech and Artifice while not going to bring in creds on the GTN will keep any character and his/her companion in gear. It takes some time to build up, of course, but eventually every subsequent character will be easier to gear and run as the Legacy grows. Getting collections started (the all-important Indestructable crystal) and grinding out at least 4 essential 'gearing' crafters to at least two working companions (i.e Capital world) goes a long way to ensure the base of operations is set up to launch the new toons in the PvE from whatever class you wish to pursue. Again, that's in my humble