Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

DPS Jugg better dps than mara?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
DPS Jugg better dps than mara?

Cathest
05.11.2014 , 07:15 PM | #1
I been hearing a lot of people saying that the Jugg is a better dps than the mara and has better defense as well - is this true?

Vid-szhite
05.12.2014 , 07:28 AM | #2
No. They deal comparable damage, and you'd want a Jugg for different reasons than a Mara. Mara gets picked right away because of bloodthirst and predation, on top of their high DPS. Those two abilities are coveted by hardmode raids. Jugg, you bring for armor reduction, durability, saber reflectable mechanics, and emergency taunt, on top of their high DPS. Neither really outdoes the other in DPS, and it is largely fight-dependent, but marauders are invaluable for lots of other reasons.
Jedi Covenant
Wrector - 55 Sith Juggernaut // Reaper-seven - 55 Operative
…ikko - 55 Powertech // Palpi - 40 Sith Sorcerer

Adaliaya
05.15.2014 , 12:05 AM | #3
They are about par in terms of damage now.
However, Marauders/Sentinels have 2 good raiding specs to switch between depending on fight while Juggs have only Vengeance (yeah, Rage/Focus is there but got nerfed quite hard and is generally not preferable choice for PvE)

Also devs have stated they are going to buff Annihilation/Watchman that is Mara/Sent sustained damage spec. (what will this buff be I don't know )

Sentinel also offers valuable utilities to raid, while Juggs/Guardian has less utility

They are two different classes and neither is better than other

emeraldon
05.20.2014 , 01:56 AM | #4
In terms of PvP, they have pretty equal damage. Marauder has some more versatility, and the Jugg has more defense. (Heavy Armor, amongst other things.)

In terms of PvE, Marauders are ahead and with the buffs to watchman/annihilation they'll pull further away.

There's not a whole lot of difference (afaik) but Marauder is in front.
Stroke my Wookie - Darth Malgus

Kaos_KidSWTOR
05.20.2014 , 09:33 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by emeraldon View Post
In terms of PvP, they have pretty equal damage. Marauder has some more versatility, and the Jugg has more defense. (Heavy Armor, amongst other things.)

In terms of PvE, Marauders are ahead and with the buffs to watchman/annihilation they'll pull further away.

There's not a whole lot of difference (afaik) but Marauder is in front.
I would have to agree, but Juggernauts are LIGHTYEARS better in PvP than Marauders, when i play my level 48 Vigi Guard, i feel damn near invincible.

lironBD
05.26.2014 , 08:01 AM | #6
Marauders are great for ops and pve + group pvp when u got number of players around you.
you can boost the group damage and heal from dots at same time.
Europe -> Darth Malgus
Amahl-farouk-> Sith Pureblood Inquisitor Sorcerer

http://www.swtor.com/r/NP7bNn \ Buddy invite