Treek

Bookworm_Jedi

I see a LOT of people talking about Treek.

I guess...I need to know why she's so good? He? She?

Is Treek a healer? a tank? dps? I wasn't exactly thrilled with hefty CC price tag either :confused:

Treek can be many things, a good tank and a good healer. It is a female ewok that you can get through the cartel market or buying her with credits when you have a high legacy level.

She is a optional companion that does not have much to say during the class quests.

I can not stand the chatter she makes but many players love her :tran_cool:

Edited by Icestar

Ok I guess 2100CC's ain't that bad.....

tank and a healer? Interesting..... currently running with my sin tank.... and I could always use an ewok...slave....I mean...companion:rak_01:

Getting gear..... can she wear moddable stuff? I'm trying to horde as many of my comms as I can for endgame

Why she is so good is that she is the best companion is that she can self heal and you can switch in mid combat from tank to healer without missing a beat plus she heals really good and when tanking draws a pretty good amount of aggro..

NOTE: Plus she comes with her own orange gear from the start ;)

Edited by Legolose

Ok I guess 2100CC's ain't that bad.....

Getting gear..... can she wear moddable stuff? I'm trying to horde as many of my comms as I can for endgame

As an aside here (I have nothing to offer about Treek) you really do not need to hoard those comms for endgame. They give you a ton of comms in the Hutt expansion (and a super buff that will get you through the story even if you are in greens 10 lvls old) and you get a ton of great gear in the Revan prelude (full set of 162 lvl gear minus one implant and relics), plus you receive 297 comms for just starting the Revan storyline. It costs 100 comms to fully gear you and 1 companion and I think you easily make those in the Hutt story that takes you to lvl 55 when you can buy 172 lvl gear.

Edit: Oh you might be looking at the cost of the lvl 55 Basic Gear and wanting to save for that. Well guess what, that is the exact gear you get in the Revan prelude missions!

Edited by nedbeverage

Treek is primarily valued as a tank. She's a decent healer as well, but her healing is more on-par with the regular companion healers, while her tanking is significantly superior.

The two main draws of Treek's tanking are 1) her AoE does not break any crowd control you have applied to enemies (all other companion AoEs *do* break CC), and 2) she's the only tank who can (and will) spot-heal you if you need it.

These two things may not seem like much, but they really do make a constant and noticeable difference.

There's an small advantage treek or HK offer.

When you gain a new companion, you mostly have to quest or fight that planet's end stage/boss. That companion gear is subpar green. You can't summon any other companion as they'll be grey off, except treek. If treek is better geared, you can call her in for all fights except any part that involves a conversation Then call that companion back for the conversation part. At times the fight only start after the conversation, but you'll be able to summon treek if you die and revive on the spot. Exception for a few companions where fight reset when you die, then you can't bring in treek e.g. Skadge.

Edited by Old_Empire

Plus she is great if you are playing a +aim class as for some reason (at least if you sure the cartel market for her) you get 2 full sets of moddable gear for her (inc shield/generator and weapon) so I can remove the mods out of 1 set and put them in my own gear, then I don't need to worry about gear for at least 10 levels.

Personally, I don't find Treek to be any better than other (properly outfitted) companions - which is not surprising, given that the Cartel Market is not supposed to be "pay to win".

The main advantages to Treek are that she can be gotten as a healer earlier than most classes get a healer companion and she has nice mission and crafting bonuses.

When it comes to tanking, she does have that non-cc breaking AoE, but the AoE of other tank companions can be manually turned off if the situation warrants it. (Click on the + sign at the right of a companion's portrait to display their complete skill bar.

Many people are not aware that almost all companions have 2 stances. Unlike Treek though, you need to display their full skill bar to see the stance icons. Healer companions can be set to either a "healing/defensive" stance where they concentrate on healing, or an "offensive" stance where they concentrate more on damage. However, just like Treek, they do both damage and healing at the same time. (Treek though, is the only one I know of that tanks and heals - the rest are DPS and heal.)

EDIT - I now find that the above does not apply to the Imperial Agent. The agent's companions suck and Treek is much better than most of them - definitely better than the healer. :cool:

Edited by JediQuaker
update

Personally, I don't find Treek to be any better than other (properly outfitted) companions

Treek though, is the only one I know of that tanks and heals - the rest are DPS and heal.

This is exactly why Treek is superior to the other companions. She is Tank/Heal rather than Tank/DPS or Heal/DPS. It just makes things simpler, and since you can do more DPS rather than babysitting (as a class with heals) or being babysat (on a class that's tanky), it makes leveling a bit more fun and less tedious.

Treek is also a Sniper/Gunslinger's best friend, as those Adv Classes have no tanking or healing capabilities.

Edited by KelbornX

Many people are not aware that almost all companions have 2 stances. Unlike Treek though, you need to display their full skill bar to see the stance icons. Healer companions can be set to either a "healing/defensive" stance where they concentrate on healing, or an "offensive" stance where they concentrate more on damage. However, just like Treek, they do both damage and healing at the same time. (Treek though, is the only one I know of that tanks and heals - the rest are DPS and heal.)

As mentioned above all other companions in the game (other than the pure DPS ones) are Tank/DPS or Heal/DPS Treek is the only Tank/Heal companion in the game, with the fact that she can self heal makes her quite an invaluable tank to those classes such as a DPS vanguard for instance who cannot heal at all.

Still testing out with Treek for my Sin Tank.

She's amazing! I'm keeping her so far in her Lv. 10 oranges. Did a Heroic 4 with another player on Balmorra, and between us, and both of us using our Treek's we tore through the thing pretty darn quickly.

I may pick her up for my sentinel, since her heals and tanking are too good to pass up. Kinda wish she could be a legacy comp... having to drop about 1200CC's every time... eeeeh

Still testing out with Treek for my Sin Tank.

She's amazing! I'm keeping her so far in her Lv. 10 oranges. Did a Heroic 4 with another player on Balmorra, and between us, and both of us using our Treek's we tore through the thing pretty darn quickly.

I may pick her up for my sentinel, since her heals and tanking are too good to pass up. Kinda wish she could be a legacy comp... having to drop about 1200CC's every time... eeeeh

I love Treek, and yeah you can unlock her in the collections. I almost made the mistake of buying her for another character until I figured out I did not have to, I am so glad they did it that way so I don't have to spend an arm and a leg to get her each time :)

This is exactly why Treek is superior to the other companions. She is Tank/Heal rather than Tank/DPS or Heal/DPS. ....

Treek is also a Sniper/Gunslinger's best friend, as those Adv Classes have no tanking or healing capabilities.

Well, really - you may think a Tank is somehow more useful, but my Smugglers use Guss Tuno exclusively - usually set to offensive stance. I don't find that having a tank in normal solo PvE is particularly necessary.

Basically, I only use Treek up until I get a healer companion, and then switch her out, mostly because I like the look of other companions - particularly those that I can actually change the look of through armor choices. (I even replace some of the 192 pieces on some companions with 190 (Ziost) modded pieces, for the look.

Btw - this is totally unrelated - but speaking of outfitting companions. You know that you can put a piece of armor on your "costume", but it doesn't actually sit on your character and can be put in your inventory, or even your Cargo Bay, but, did you know that you can even give it to a companion to wear so you can have matching outfits?

Well, really - you may think a Tank is somehow more useful, but my Smugglers use Guss Tuno exclusively - usually set to offensive stance. I don't find that having a tank in normal solo PvE is particularly necessary.

Basically, I only use Treek up until I get a healer companion, and then switch her out, mostly because I like the look of other companions - particularly those that I can actually change the look of through armor choices. (I even replace some of the 192 pieces on some companions with 190 (Ziost) modded pieces, for the look.

It really depends on gear and if you're leveling or at endgame. Most of the arguments in this thread are pertaining to leveling (since this is the "New Player Help" forum), where Treek outshines every other companion by a long shot; most importantly the fact that her AoE doesn't break CC which makes soloing Heroic missions far simpler. At endgame with high gear level, yeah I can see not needing or wanting a tank companion on some classes.

Adv Classes like Gunslinger, Sentinel, Assassin, and Sniper have no healing capabilities of their own and get their healing companions fairly late in the story (around 35/40). Treek takes a lot of the pressure off in the early levels with her kit. One thing that definitely turns some players away from certain classes is how difficult they can be to level. Without Treek, those classes are just playing the "kill them before they kill me" game with their Tank companion on groups of Strong+. This point is a bit moot during the 12x boost with how overleveled you get, but that boost is not going to be around forever and not everyone is a subscriber to have it right now anyway.

I don't use Treek on all my characters either, because as you said I just like the looks of the others with my toon better (Quinn with my Jugg, Mako with my Merc, Kira with my Sent, Kaliyo with my Op). But to me, Treek is more useful than them in tough encounters, and I do switch out if I feel I need the extra help from the Tank/Heal combo Treek offers.

Btw - this is totally unrelated - but speaking of outfitting companions. You know that you can put a piece of armor on your "costume", but it doesn't actually sit on your character and can be put in your inventory, or even your Cargo Bay, but, did you know that you can even give it to a companion to wear so you can have matching outfits?

Kira and my Sentinel, Mako and my Mercenary, and Kaliyo and my Op are all dressed the same, just with different dyes. :D

Edited by KelbornX

Gearing up Treek for my Sabo Slinger. Corso is good, and I haven't used Bowdar much yet, but Treek's heals and her tank damage are really nice

I'm unsure which enchancements....she's a healer and a tank....so defense?

Gear as a tank for tank

Gear as DPS/Healer for heals

Something along the following lines:

Healing:

Reflex Armoring x8

Agile Mod x9

Adept Enhancements x3

Quick Savant Enhancements x4

Overkill Experimental Reflex Implant x2

Overkill Supercharged Rejuvenation Module x1

Reflex Barrel x1

Tanking:

Commando Armoring x8

Deflecting Mod x9

Immunity Enhancements x7

Redoubt Experimental Response Implant x2

Redoubt Advanced Cosmic Combat Module Earpiece x1

Commando Barrel x1

someone better versed in v3.x gear may come up with something better, but this is how I've done it in the past.

Gearing up Treek for my Sabo Slinger. Corso is good, and I haven't used Bowdar much yet, but Treek's heals and her tank damage are really nice

I'm unsure which enchancements....she's a healer and a tank....so defense?

Sounds like you want her to do both tank & heals, but not switch out full gear sets? In that case, yeah Defense I guess. Not worth doing shield/absorb since that'll be useless for one of the roles.

Me, if first time through the game, I'd still use my native comps. The game isn't hard enough to worry about optimizing. Unless you want to solo near on-level Heroics. So, having two tanks already, I'd probably set her up for heals (power).

Of course, if you switch between tank & heals, do switch out between shield & generator respectively.

Edited by DocDAM

Treek is absolutely amazing - and if you have her unlocked, she comes fully geared and available at level 10.

She is the numero uno companion, besides tanking and healing, she is bad***** dps when properly geared.

Levelling alts she kills stuff before i get near them, on my mains, she just trashes through the dailys and i do very little work.

Go Treek, ull never use another companion - even prefer her over hk cause she tosses aoes and healbombs like theres no tomorrow.