Smash / Sweep + Bubble Stun

Xinika

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1.4 has been a right disaster for pvp. The number of people who have been either forced or so impressed by the smash dmg that they reroll sentinels/maras or jugs/guardians have been quite staggering.

The only classes atm who has AoE dmg reduction currently is deceptions sins/shadows, Advanced Prototype PTs but they cant dps their way out of a wet paperbag, oh and ofc maras/sents who can just offspec a little for it in carnage while still dishing monster aoe dps in rage.

This is without a doubt the worst pvp balance i have witnessed since Warhammer Onlines, Age of the Brightwizards....

Oh i forgot, its the same pvp dev team. The ones who were called "one of the best in the world" before the game launched. Do i come off as a tad bitter?

My favourite class due to lore and whatnot is a merc and i only like to do pvp. Go figure that i am not happy, not happy at all with all these blind non-logical changes. I can 1vs1 pve mobs or keyboard turners in subpar gear.

A unhappy player is one who do not sub or even stick by BW´s F2P option. Im off to asia for 2 months 27th of december and the class balance when i get back is gonna be the final straw for me.

Is this legit or just some kind of joke? ETA on nerfs?

look at it this way...at least you're the one melee class that's relatively immune to the lolsmashers - at least in infiltration. I'm just an innocent, naked l'il VG. *hides blaster rifle behind back*

honestly shin, as far as smash goes, sents still have better specs, and there wasn't much of a change to smash spec. The reason you're seeing so many of them around nowadays, is cause they nerfed the range on powertech/vanguard skills, so all those people had to go find another extremely easy to play fotm.

Any player worth their salt will completely destroy a smash spec. The only buff they got, was better rage management/slight cooldown reduction on smash (they'll get it down from 12 seconds, to about 10-10.5 seconds). However,the amount of buffed smashes per minute stayed the same,, it's just that they get to smash 1 gcd earlier now.

Bubble stun is a great tool as a second healer, but you need to have someone in the group who can dish out huge healing numbers, as bubble stun spec reduces their healing output by a considerable amount. Just stick your ranged on them, or a smart warrior and bubbles won't be any problem.

Edited by AllanGand

honestly shin, as far as smash goes, sents still have better specs, and there wasn't much of a change to smash spec. The reason you're seeing so many of them around nowadays, is cause they nerfed the range on powertech/vanguard skills, so all those people had to go find another extremely easy to play fotm.

I've been crit for 6.7k by smash in tank spec. There is no justification for an AoE that does so much damage.

Any player worth their salt will completely destroy a smash spec.

Idc about 1v1. In a group situation it's outright absurd for 6-7k AoEs to be going around. Stacking smashers at this point is literally beneficial.

Bubble stun is a great tool as a second healer, but you need to have someone in the group who can dish out huge healing numbers, as bubble stun spec reduces their healing output by a considerable amount. Just stick your ranged on them, or a smart warrior and bubbles won't be any problem.

Mutilated group forming wins because of FOTM?

There was a post somewhere on the PTS about 9 weeks till next 1.7. LOL that's 2 months worth of subscription :D

Lol'd irl @ the bolded part.

Edited by Xinika

The hardest hit in the game is a free (with 4 stacks), auto-crit, AOE ability with a lowerable active cooldown..... As a smasher you are either A.) Smashing (+leap) B.) Building Singularity C.) Lowering the cooldown of Smash or D.) pressing no buttons, because there are no abilities that don't involve A, B, or C

Now all QQ'ing aside, i don't care that I can tool them 1v1, Bioware actually managed to make a class that's easier to play than Pyro Powertech :confused: And tbh, I think that smash needs a much more urgent nerf than Bubble stun, since bubbles can easily be countered by a ranged dps (yes, they exist in this game). If slingers/commandos/sages actually existed, at least on my server, as dps, then I doubt that so many people would complain. Actually any melee, other than scrapper, can readily counter bubble spec since every melee class has 10m range abilities that can pop a bubble without being stunned. I really don't think sages/sorcs need their only form of survivability taken away because lazy melee dps want free/skill-less kills.

Edited by Carter_Mathis

Any player worth their salt will completely destroy a smash spec. The only buff they got, was better rage management/slight cooldown reduction on smash (they'll get it down from 12 seconds, to about 10-10.5 seconds). However,the amount of buffed smashes per minute stayed the same,, it's just that they get to smash 1 gcd earlier now.

in a 1v1, ok. I can kill the vast majority of smashers (some ppl are -omg- just better than me), but let's be realistic, the problem with smashers isn't 1v1. it's getting smashed by 2 or 3 smashers in melee, pretty much at once. or eating the smash from someone you're not even targeting and who isn't even targeting you. please don't say be aware of your surroundings. melee are melee. there's only so much you can do.

still kinda surprised shin is eating 6.6k smashes though. know she's max'd and should have a lot of uptime on her aoe dmg reduction.

Edited by foxmob

tank spec doesn't usually take the aoe damage reduction from Infiltration tree

I saw her doing the voltaic twirl in her latest vid. pretty sure she's full infil.

edit; the one where she blood owz that vg at the start. :p

Edited by foxmob

yes, she also runs around in Shadow technique which is another dead giveaway of an Infiltration shadow, but her post specifically specified her being in tank spec soo.....

PFT. details. you actually read posts? next thing, you'll be telling me to read patch notes and hover over abils. :eek:

yes, she also runs around in Shadow technique which is another dead giveaway of an Infiltration shadow, but her post specifically specified her being in tank spec soo.....

I run all builds on my shadow everyday. Balance, KC, Infil and a multitude of hybrids alike. I don't run full infil any more because 27/14 is superior. But again... the issue has nothing to do with 1v1.

still kinda surprised shin is eating 6.6k smashes though. know she's max'd and should have a lot of uptime on her aoe dmg reduction.

I'm not min/maxed right now, remember - I was inactive for a few months but regardless, even if I were... how much damage would be shaved off here realistically? Dritz hit me for 6.7k a week ago.

Edited by Xinika

I normally dont complain, nor had any issues with Smashers.

Until i played hypergate

Smashers.

Jug A Jumps to you, Using Enrage, Smashes for 7. Uses their version of AWE, Pushes me. Jug a Jumps, and chokes.

Jug B comes to join in the fun, Enrage, Smashes for 7k.

Im dead before i know it.

Thats just two of them last game i was in had a group full of them, which devastated our group. none of us had a kill above 9, while they had 28-40.