Choosing MVP vote

Jannesthekille

Hey guys

After taking a break for a few months I got back to the game.

But like in the old days the ones with the most damage output gets the most MVP votes.

What's your opinion about this?

I find it quite stupid actually. I'm playing as deception and every game I have +50k protection and around 150k dmg. Why shouldn't I get a MVP?

Sha'Yan

Hey guys

But like in the old days the ones with the most damage output gets the most MVP votes.

I find it quite stupid actually. I'm playing as deception and every game I have +50k protection and around 150k dmg. Why shouldn't I get a MVP?

Sha'Yan

Get over yourself. What makes you think that your more important than the guy putting out insane damage? MVP is a joke anyways. I literally randomly vote for MVP every Warzone because that's how unimportant it is. You just like getting MVP votes because it strokes your ego.

Hey guys

Sha'Yan

People just vote for whoever is at the top of the chart (which is most medals).

But like the other guy said, who cares. They mean nothing.

Edited by Smashbrother

I vote for the game changer if there is one regardless of their stats. Someone blows 3 doors on Voidstar or scores 3+ goals on Hutball or something they get my vote even if they finish with a 6-4 K:D.

Otherwise I vote for the Tank guarding me (I play an op healer) or the guy fighting to the end when we clearly lost

I vote all different things, depending on my mood, which direction the wind is blowing, and the phases of the moon. Usually, though, I try to vote for the poor person who did a backfill into the game with 30 seconds and didn't even have time to leave the spawn area. If there are no backfills because we handily won, then I vote for the person guarding the off node who actually stayed there, called incs., etc; or maybe the healer; or maybe the tank; sometimes the person who was coordinating everything in chat; really, just look up at my first sentence again.

Also, see the many previous threads about this exact same subject. :)

Voting for top damage or top healing blindly is dumb.

When and where the damage was aimed and recieved is what matters.

You can do a million damage to one tank being backed up by a healer all game and never kill him.

Or you can burst 20k damage to the healer in an instant. Killing him before allowing them to even react.

Which one of the two above is the most game factoring action hm?

This is an extreme example. But it is loud and clear, or atleast i hope so.

Depending on the warzone of course, I vote for the node guard.

Been in that situation many times, it definitely deserves a vote.

Edit: Unless they don't know how to call incs.

Edited by Rynis

Voting for top damage or top healing blindly is dumb.

When and where the damage was aimed and recieved is what matters.

You can do a million damage to one tank being backed up by a healer all game and never kill him.

Or you can burst 20k damage to the healer in an instant. Killing him before allowing them to even react.

Which one of the two above is the most game factoring action hm?

This is an extreme example. But it is loud and clear, or atleast i hope so.

Wait wait wait wait WAIT!!!! DPS are supposed to attack healers?!?

always voted for the one that did the most for the team effort. Damage and heals do not count. If you are on the top 2 becuase of either one.....you wernt doing your part in team effort.

I completely disagree with what you say about heals. If a healer was keeping his teammates alive so he got top healing numbers he wasn't doing his part in the team effort?! That makes no sense at all. It means he was actually doing his job and contributing his part.( which is a very important part) Now I understand that not every healer deserves an MVP vote just because he chose to play a healer, but the great healers deserve that vote since they have a crucial position on that team and they do their part by reducing the number of deaths their team has.

You will never win because you are arguing against a objective opinion. I can't count how many huttball games I've fought and struggled to score and stop scores just to get zero votes, no big deal, people don't pay attention, in fact I was in a match and every single player on both sides received one vote, everyones a winner I guess.

Just as a side note, I usually vote on objective points, unless there's a real standout in dmg, healing or protection.

Edited by Zataos

One time just last night I was on my assassin and got top medals top damage and decent protection out of everyone and received no MVP votes. It helps me because I can get extra valor for it. It wasn't a big deal really but I did alot for my team and we managed to win.

Literally the only time I have ever been mad about MVP voting was a huttball game once where I was playing my Sorcerer. I pulled 3 of our 5 goals either across the line when they were stun locked and about to die, or up out of the pit because they were too dumb to pass. I scored one other of our 5 goals myself. And the 5th I had my pull on CD, but the ball carrier and 4 other members of our team were all in the pit, I was the only one who worked ahead, and I stood solo on the ledge jumping and yelling for the ball, and the Jugg ball carrier interceded to me and scored himself. That jugg ended up scoring the other 4 of the 5 goals, even though I did all of the work on all 4 of his goals. I MVP voted him because he was obviously doing a good job playing objectives. He MVP voted the highest healer, every other member of our team MVP voted the Jugg. One of only 2-3 times I have ever seen 7 MVP votes for one person in a PUG.

Depending on the warzone of course, I vote for the node guard.

Been in that situation many times, it definitely deserves a vote.

Edit: Unless they don't know how to call incs.

This is the perfect example of bads, voting for bads equal to them.

If you blow away everyone in your wz, often you'll get zero votes. If you are in the same tax bracket as the other bads in your wz, but beat them by like 3k in something, you get MVP.

""""When and where the damage was aimed and recieved is what matters.""""

So true. As a healer I often have to switch to dps for the sake of the team. It will often cost me votes, but I don't have a problem with that. I'll usually vote for the guy whose numbers are really outstanding, or the guy that sacrificed numbers to guard a node or a tank, or sometimes I just vote for the guy below me. If I see someone I know I usually vote for them regardless of performance.

Atleast on my Server there arent Votes for the highest Damage as it is just more or less meaningless for the success of a team. Usually Healers and the Players managing to get objectives alot get those MVPs so iam quite pleased with it :-)

Hey guys

Sha'Yan

I dont know the average on your server, but an average of 150k dps and 50k prot is not even good stats absolutly not stats worth of an MVP vote from me.

I dont know the average on your server, but an average of 150k dps and 50k prot is not even good stats absolutly not stats worth of an MVP vote from me.

Well as I told, I've been out for about 4 months or more. So I've only got like 4 war hero pieces atm?

I'm trying to gear up asap! :D

Sha'Yan