Terror from Beyond HM broken after Patch

Heya,

did someone else had an easy run today on last boss? For us on HM no single Vortex did spawn in first phase of the fight. In 2nd phase after killing the tentacle-packages there were no Hypergate-Irregularities showing up. So we could relax for 30 seconds in between the packages.

Any news on this BW? :D

Edited by tman_ac

Tfb 16 HM Buggs

No Mini Boss (missed the Stabilizers)

Last chest had 4 color crystals, 16 stabilizers 8 matrix cubes.. (Never seen a chest this packed)

Terror-

Phase 1-

Single add always headed to left side

No vortex

Phase 2-

Annomlies spawned at same time , got 2 each rotation immediatly

No irregularities at all

the question is

is that a unintedned bug (is there such a thing as intended bug) or is this a undocumented nerf?

If it's a bug, it will be fix, which mean, guild that now clear asation HM might have to (re)learn the encounter.

If it's a nerf, it's just sad, as the encounter is easy enough as it is, i think the dread guard encouter is more demanding.

It always amaze me how encounter mechanic change on a weekly basis in this game.

maybe working as intended. /shrug

I cant imagine it is working as intended since the irregularity phase is an intended phase. Why would there be a 30 second window of nothing?

The worst part is a bunch of non deserving people will now get the gear. Glad we at least beat it when it was actually difficult.

The worst part is a bunch of non deserving people will now get the gear. Glad we at least beat it when it was actually difficult.

Between mod ripping and buying from crafters, I see this as a non-issue. But you are completely correct that clearing the Operation before the bug is a much greater achievement.

Between mod ripping and buying from crafters, I see this as a non-issue. But you are completely correct that clearing the Operation before the bug is a much greater achievement.

"Much greater achievement"? TFB HM wasn't even hard the first week it came out. Guilds had it on farm Week 1. NiM EC is a tougher challenge to clear.

"Much greater achievement"? TFB HM wasn't even hard the first week it came out. Guilds had it on farm Week 1. NiM EC is a tougher challenge to clear.

Mature players who excel at PvE approach the rest of the player base with a sense of humility because they have nothing to prove. Then there's you.

Mature players who excel at PvE approach the rest of the player base with a sense of humility because they have nothing to prove. Then there's you.

But you are completely correct that clearing the Operation before the bug is a much greater achievement.

Why say there's nothing to prove and then say that clearing it before the bug was a much greater achievement? Sounds like you were the one who had something to prove by saying that pre-bug was "much greater achievement."

My guild could care less. We don't feel the need to flex in front of others and say how awesome it is that we did it at the "much greater achievement" level. My point is that you're raising up the "pre-bug" clearing as something greater than it really is.

I wasn't telling you that we cleared it the first week so that you should worship me or my guild. I was telling you that so that you can stop making the distinction of pre and post bug. The only real challenge to that fight is the 15% to 3% where nothing has changed pre and post bug.

Edited by Lostpenguins

Why say there's nothing to prove and then say that clearing it before the bug was a much greater achievement? Sounds like you were the one who had something to prove by saying that pre-bug was "much greater achievement."

My guild could care less. We don't feel the need to flex in front of others and say how awesome it is that we did it at the "much greater achievement" level. My point is that you're raising up the "pre-bug" clearing as something greater than it really is.

I wasn't telling you that we cleared it the first week so that you should worship me or my guild. I was telling you that so that you can stop making the distinction of pre and post bug. The only real challenge to that fight is the 15% to 3% where nothing has changed pre and post bug.

Presume much? I never said I'd cleared it pre-bugs. In fact we were struggling with it. We cleared it with the bugs, and now I think we will probably get it once it is fixed.

The point is that you assume everyone should feel as challenged by the content as you do. Sorry we are not all as pro as you. The guy I responded to above was annoyed that people were going to clear the content with the bugs and get the gear. My response was to not worry about the gear and be more concerned with your own achievements. There are plenty of players whose skill level puts them in a place to clear the content as it is now but who might struggle without the bugs.

But all of that went sailing over your elitist head :(

Edit: And, yeah, when we finally clear it bug free, I'll feel pretty good about the accomplishment. (Otherwise, why play?) But I won't look down on people who can't do it or claim it's easy just because I can do it. We are obviously very different types of players.

Edited by LarryRow

Presume much? I never said I'd cleared it pre-bugs. In fact we were struggling with it. We cleared it with the bugs, and now I think we will probably get it once it is fixed.

The point is that you assume everyone should feel as challenged by the content as you do. Sorry we are not all as pro as you. The guy I responded to above was annoyed that people were going to clear the content with the bugs and get the gear. My response was to not worry about the gear and be more concerned with your own achievements. There are plenty of players whose skill level puts them in a place to clear the content as it is now but who might struggle without the bugs.

But all of that went sailing over your elitist head :(

Edit: And, yeah, when we finally clear it bug free, I'll feel pretty good about the accomplishment. (Otherwise, why play?) But I won't look down on people who can't do it or claim it's easy just because I can do it. We are obviously very different types of players.

Sorry, I don't look down on those who haven't cleared it. Now who's presuming?

There's just no reason to make the distinction of it being a greater achievement pre-bug. That's the only real point I was making. Okay, sure, I feel it's pretty easy so I don't think anyone who should go, "Oh yeah, I'm better than you because I got it pre-bug."

So, no, I don't think it's a much greater achievement pre-bug. You seem to think so. So I'm not sure who's the elitist one here...

Hi folks! We're aware of issues with some NPCs not spawning as intended in Terror From Beyond, and we've listed these and a few others on the Known Issues. There's a fix in the works that will be deployed in a patch after the first of the year. Thanks for your understanding.

Been noticing that a lot of these bugs are scheduled to be fixed "after the first of the year." It's the middle of December. Nobody's doing any more bug fixing this year?

Been noticing that a lot of these bugs are scheduled to be fixed "after the first of the year." It's the middle of December. Nobody's doing any more bug fixing this year?

Even programmers take time off for the holidays. I'm willing to bet that most of the programming staff has already gone home for the holidays since they didn't get to last year, so they're likely just stuck with a skeleton crew of Customer Service and Community Reps.

Can we at LEAST get his LOOT dropped on the first boss then?

We lose out on crafting materials from that mini-boss and kinda shafts people who need those materials (HM and SM). Not asking for much here, just MOVE the loot from the Mini-Boss to the first boss and call it good. Debug and FIX in the next year after that. Going 4-6 weeks w/o loot/materials from the Mini-boss is a little excessive for a bug if you ask me.

OR - since nobody apparently is working bug fixes then DOUBLE the loot drop on this mini-boss in 2013 to make up for the 4-6 weeks of not having that boss in DEC > JAN Fix date. (Just double for the period of time it's hosed to make up for lost time and decrease when done)

OR - Mail everyone that completed this a piece of the loot each week completed. (1 Stabilizer works for me)

Even programmers take time off for the holidays. I'm willing to bet that most of the programming staff has already gone home for the holidays since they didn't get to last year, so they're likely just stuck with a skeleton crew of Customer Service and Community Reps.

I think this is just one poor indian coder! :p