Ashara Zavros Personality change request.

battleaxeman

Ashara was mentioned on the live stream today around the 9:13 mark into it .. I am kind of glad she will be back, and a kind of worried.

See, we "turned" her to the dark side when we met with her, whether we manipulated her into it, or brazenly assaulted her into it, the cinematic on Taris depicts the red aura around her, with her declaring her own realization of "what Have I done, the Jedi won't take me back now" . Only in the next scene to have her standing among her masters as if nothing had occured.

at the beginning of Taris, it is stated she is a padawan, however, while on the ship and in other dialogues, she can never seem to let go of being a Jedi, though not actually having graduated from being a padawan. It really starts to grate on the nerves of a dark sith lord when having to try and comfort a wana-be-jedi.

If you bring her back, which you stated you were planning on doing, I would really hope her personality has changed to the point where she has had to kill jedi, no longer sees herself as one, and is no longer acting like a lost puppy looking up to you saying "I follow you" ... It would be nice, if when we stumble upon her, she's terrorizing a few people, and progressively getting in over her head surrounded.

although I suppose I could just kill her as I only used her to gain access to the holocron.

Otherwise,I'm hoping Darth Hexid can replace her..

now I know some of you will say "But ! , Xalek is our real apprentice" ... however, he was picked from a hand full gone through the trials and what we essentially "ended up with"

Anyway, that is my wishes and hopes for if you bring Ashara Zavros back.. that she is more sith than wishy washy day dreaming of jedi.

As for this play through, all convos on my ship i'm going to try and make her hate me, but it seems as though she was not written that way.

Sound like you want Dark Jaesa 2.0

That isn't her character, and likely never will be. The whole point of her story is that she isn't really dark, but rather something in between.

That being said, what little information we have about her doings since 4.0 dropped suggests she has grown up going it alone, and is still a grey jedi

Whether we can influence her one way or another post meeting remains to be seen, though I doubt it'll be anything significant

Edited by MadDutchman

I like Ashara's character. I get that t's tough when everything is "one size fits all," but she really gets along quite well with a pragmatic, Dark 1 - 2 Nox.

My guess is she'll be brought back by a hand-waved 60sec cutscene, or by an alert, like so many other characters who have gotten snubbed. It's been two years now since the Outlander has been awake, and it's a bit silly now that so many are still out there. And they can't use the "jail" excuse for all of them like they did with Quinn. And seriously, Khem is even Force-bonded to the Inquisitor...what could possibly be their excuse there, since Khem would have known all along that his master was never dead to begin with? Sorry for my rant, I'm just a bit bitter at this point because some classes have gotten nearly all of their companions back while others, like the Inq, have only gotten one...via alert...meaning they played absolutely no part in anything.

Edited by Dracofish

I do believe her personality should change, her constant rants about being a Jedi completely ignored the fact that she was for all the council cared a rogue Jedi. I don't think turning her into DS Jaesa 2.0 is the answer though, from the letter you receive from her in KOTFE and the Chiss Jedi master's dialogue it looks more like she's a grey Jedi, which is fine by me since that seemed to be the intent of her character.

I do believe her personality should change, her constant rants about being a Jedi completely ignored the fact that she was for all the council cared a rogue Jedi. I don't think turning her into DS Jaesa 2.0 is the answer though, from the letter you receive from her in KOTFE and the Chiss Jedi master's dialogue it looks more like she's a grey Jedi, which is fine by me since that seemed to be the intent of her character.

Which letter are you referring to? And what Chiss Jedi master? Just wondering if I missed something.

Which letter are you referring to? And what Chiss Jedi master? Just wondering if I missed something.

Potential spoilers!

You get a letter from Ashara after KOTFE ch1 if your character is a male and you romanced her.

You can read the letter (as well as letters from all the Love Interests (LIs) ) here.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=843430

The "Chiss Jedi Master" that some of us have is Master Ranos. This companion was an event reward from the Light vs Dark event that occured in 2016. I don't think there is a way for those who missed out to recruit her now.

This is what Master Ranos says about Ashara.

Potential spoilers!

Edited by SolarSaenz

Potential spoilers!

You get a letter from Ashara after KOTFE ch1 if your character is a male and you romanced her.

You can read the letter (as well as letters from all the Love Interests (LIs) ) here.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=843430

The "Chiss Jedi Master" that some of us have is Master Ranos. This companion was an event reward from the Light vs Dark event that occured in 2016. I don't think there is a way for those who missed out to recruit her now.

This is what Master Ranos says about Ashara.

Potential spoilers!

Thanks! I never romanced Ashara (my Nox is with Nik...and Theron, lulz), but it's always nice to get insight so I can help keep to Ashara's personality for my fic.

Yeah I agree with OP...although I like her character among the many npcs she is one of the most interesting but for a Sith Inquisitor her constant contemplation ahem bickering of still being somehow connected to the jedi way is irritating. Of course I have no problem that there is a grey jedi there to balance some of the maniacal tendencies of the the sith inquisitor but to really push Ashara's character forward to something interesting there needs to be a critical choice or point of no return defined defined for her. She could become a grey jedi - someone who walks the middle path if the sith inquisitor is lightsided/neutral or she could become something more akin to a cool-headed ds Jeassa.

Basically her reaction to becomming abandoned by the jedi order after her decision is like her living in an alternative reality or lala land. After a while she should just embrace the teachings of her new master (the sith inquisitor) and be either grey or dark.

I never really understood the Ashara character. I didn't really understand her motives or what she even thought she was doing. She certainly didn't fit in with my Darkside Inquisitor. She's like a Jedi who thought it was completely normal Jedi behavior to work for a Sith Lord and kill her former comrades. But she also refused to follow her Sith Master's teachings and assumed he was there to adapt to her Jedi ways, no matter what he said or did to convince her otherwise.

At least LS Jaesa has a very specific goal in mind, and you could justify her providing aid to the Sith as part of the cover for her goal to infiltrate and reform the Empire.

That said, I don't know if changing her into Dark Jaesa is the best course of action. I love DS Jaesa, but that's not really who Ashara is. Her fans liked her for being Ashara.

Although it would be nice if she stopped seeing herself as a Jedi, like in the class story.

Edited by OldVengeance

I would just appreciate the chance for my Sorc to be able to push her out an airlock. I always hated this mealy sitting on the fence little twirp. Neither Jedi, or Sith, she amounts to nothing. Sorry to those who love her, but I just never 'got' her character or personality. Even the one that was supposed to romance her ended up cheating on her. Edited by Lunafox

I never really understood the Ashara character. I didn't really understand her motives or what she even thought she was doing. She certainly didn't fit in with my Darkside Inquisitor. She's like a Jedi who thought it was completely normal Jedi behavior to work for a Sith Lord and kill her former comrades. But she also refused to follow her Sith Master's teachings and assumed he was there to adapt to her Jedi ways, no matter what he said or did to convince her otherwise.

At least LS Jaesa has a very specific goal in mind, and you could justify her providing aid to the Sith as part of the cover for her goal to infiltrate and reform the Empire.

That said, I don't know if changing her into Dark Jaesa is the best course of action. I love DS Jaesa, but that's not really who Ashara is. Her fans liked her for being Ashara.

Although it would be nice if she stopped seeing herself as a Jedi, like in the class story.

My guess is that she was likely a casualty of class stories being cut when this game failed to be a WoWkiller, and nearly went belly up. Companion story arcs were originally planned to continue as wll. I'd be very surprised if it wasn't originally planned that the Inquisitor could eventually manipulate her into a full dark side fall. A shame if so, because it would have been more believable than Jaesa turning into Darth Crazypants overnight.

She sends you a letter if you romanced her. And the Chiss Jedi is the one from the DvL event, in case you're one of the force sensitive classes you can ask about your companions like Scourge/Kira/Ashara.

As someone who loves LS Sith Inquisitor, Ashara is honestly my favorite companion. Just because she was only a padawan doesn't mean she didn't still spend most of her life in Jedi training. Honestly, I love her character because she has a hard time letting it go. They aren't going to do a one-eighty and turn her into an ~~~evil Sith~~~ when her entire character arc was about accepting being, basically, a gray Jedi.

Like, yeah, I get that it would have been nice if DS players could have had more options when interacting with her (NOT turning her into an evil Sith like Jaesa :rolleyes:) but what was there was still enjoyable and solid, imo.

Edited by singularpond

Ashara's character actually makes quite a bit of sense to me. She was taken in by the Jedi as a young child, has known nothing else and suddenly gets dropped into the Sith Empire by a very sudden circumstance

Human(oid?) beings (so not DS Jaesa) have trouble adjusting at the best of times.

As her conversations continue she starts becoming more confident in what she is. However "i don't want to kick puppies and eat kittens" Ashara doesn't work with stupid evil characters like a Dark V SI. She wouldn't work well with a Light V JC either, but that's not who got her.

Ashara doesn't work with stupid evil characters like a Dark V SI. She wouldn't work well with a Light V JC either, but that's not who got her.

But she works great with my light sided SI.

I've seen Ashara on both sides of the light/dark coin, and in either case she never goes all in one way or the other. She stays fairly gray no matter what the PC does. Unlike Jaesa. Ashara seems a lot like Qui Gon Jinn to me. She acknowledges both sides of he force, and while she doesn't go completely to one side or the other she still acknowledges her Jedi teachings. She seems like a Jedi utilitarianist to me.

Jaesa, on the other hand, reminds me of Niftu Cal from ME2. Like Niftu on Red Sand, the dark side is a drug for Jaesa and she falls hard for it.

I saw a discussion of the lost female force users and how they could be brought back. One person suggested that it would be cool if they teamed up. Canonically I think Jaesa is supposed to fall, and there is no way that Kira or Nadia would work with dark Jaesa, and I don't think Ashara would get along well with her, either. I could see Kira, Nadia, and Ashara teaming up for some reason; possibly even to stop dark Jaesa from doing something psychotic.

But she works great with my lightsided SI.

I've seen Ashara on both sides of the light/dark coin, and in either case she never goes all in one way or the other. She stays fairly gray no matter what the PC does. Unlike Jaesa. Ashara seems a lot like Qui Gon Jinn to me. She acknowledges both sides of he force, and while she doesn't go completely to one side or the other she still acknowledges her Jedi teachings. She seems like a Jedi utilitarianist to me.

Jaesa, on the other hand, reminds me of Niftu Cal from ME2. Like Niftu on Red Sand, the dark side is a drug for Jaesa and she falls hard for it.

I saw a discussion of the lost female force users and how they could be brought back. One person suggested that it would be cool if they teamed up. Canonically I think Jaesa is supposed to fall, and there is no way that Kira or Nadia would work with dark Jaesa, and I don't think Ashara would get along well with her, either. I could see Kira, Nadia, and Ashara teaming up for some reason; possibly even to stop dark Jaesa from doing something psychotic.

What? When did Qui Gon reject the Jedi Code and half heartedly attempt to hybridize it with the Sith Code? He also never joined up with a Sith Lord to help kill Jedi, for some reason. I don't remember him ever seeing value in the Dark Side.

I personally believe Kira, Nadia would get along. But I doubt a "pro Empire Jedi" like Ashara would fit in with them. LS Jaesa would probably work well with all of them, and DS Jaesa would hate them all. While she was in the Empire, Ashara would have been the type of person Jaesa might have targeted for the Dark Council, had they ever met.

She would have been better off as a companion for the Smuggler or something. Her character makes zero sense. Even if your Inquisitor is light side you're still killing Jedi and other Republic soldiers all the time.

What? When did Qui Gon reject the Jedi Code and half heartedly attempt to hybridize it with the Sith Code? He also never joined up with a Sith Lord to help kill Jedi, for some reason. I don't remember him ever seeing value in the Dark Side.

I personally believe Kira, Nadia would get along. But I doubt a "pro Empire Jedi" like Ashara would fit in with them. LS Jaesa would probably work well with all of them, and DS Jaesa would hate them all. While she was in the Empire, Ashara would have been the type of person Jaesa might have targeted for the Dark Council, had they ever met.

At no point does Ashara reject the Jedi code, but like Qui Gon she does acknowledge that the Jedi code and philosophy has some flaws. It's arguable that Ashara is very pro-Empire. She frequently points out it's flaws and, if the SI is light, works to reform it from the inside in order to bring peace to the galaxy. Like Qui Gon, Ashara engages in some questionable activities that the Jedi Council definitely wouldn't approve of, but she sees as working towards the greater good. Hence my characterization of her as a utilitarianist. It's hard to say what Qui Gon would have done with regard to Sith since the only one he ever met was Darth Maul, and Maul wasn't in a talkative mood. Qui Gon likely would have gotten along with Lana.

Yes, light Jaesa would fit in well with Kira and Nadia, but I was specifically talking about dark Jaesa. Further, isn't dark Jaesa canon? If she's ever brought back Bioware is going to have to decide which version, light or dark, is canon, because non-SW's will have to get one version or the other. Unless BW does something like give Rep's light Jaesa and Imp's dark Jaesa.

At no point does Ashara reject the Jedi code, but like Qui Gon she does acknowledge that the Jedi code and philosophy has some flaws. It's arguable that Ashara is very pro-Empire. She frequently points out it's flaws and, if the SI is light, works to reform it from the inside in order to bring peace to the galaxy. Like Qui Gon, Ashara engages in some questionable activities that the Jedi Council definitely wouldn't approve of, but she sees as working towards the greater good. Hence my characterization of her as a utilitarianist. It's hard to say what Qui Gon would have done with regard to Sith since the only one he ever met was Darth Maul, and Maul wasn't in a talkative mood. Qui Gon likely would have gotten along with Lana.

Yes, light Jaesa would fit in well with Kira and Nadia, but I was specifically talking about dark Jaesa. Further, isn't dark Jaesa canon? If she's ever brought back Bioware is going to have to decide which version, light or dark, is canon, because non-SW's will have to get one version or the other. Unless BW does something like give Rep's light Jaesa and Imp's dark Jaesa.

If you click on Ashara she recites some hybrid code.

It's one thing for Qui Gon to want to train a second apprentice without the Council's permission. It's quite another to join an enemy of the Republic and murder its citizens.

I doubt Qui Gon would have gotten along with Lana at all. She is a ruthless killer who opposes democracy, and has no problem with using deception and treachery to get what she wants.

If anything he is more similar to Duras Fain, and then I don't think he was THAT much of a maverick.

DS Jaesa is not "canon." If you play as a Warrior who has LS Jaesa, them the game still recognizes that.

Edited by OldVengeance

I always saw Ashara as a Gray Jedi... Or as Valkorion puts it "a corrupt Jedi" (paraphrased).

For myself, I enjoyed how Ashara was neither fully Light or Dark, Sith or Jedi. I kind of played my DS fem!Inquisitor as a mentor more on the way of philosophy than actual lightsaber forms (Ashara established herself as a good duelist anyway).

It's been a while since I played the SI vanilla storylines so I have no idea where I left Ashara in conversations. I'm looking forward to her coming back, hopefully in a meaningful way (not in a quick Alliance Alert).

But it would be nice to get a sense of where my SI left on those conversations...

Ashara annoys the heck out of me when you first meet her because she's so dogmatically, blindly following the Jedi Code - like when she brings her masters to meet the SI, and they attack. If you try to explain to her that your SI just acted in self defense when the Jedi attacked. she blows that off completely. And then she blithely tells the SI that she wants to kill all Sith to protect the galaxy, and thinks that's in line with a message of peace and tolerance. Or when you point out that the Jedi robbed some Sith relics, and she doesn't want to see it that way

I think Ashara's a good candidate for the gray Jedi or some middle ground - that one can see the merit in some aspects of both Dark and Light side Force use.

As one goes along and talks to her, she seems to see more shades of grey - like when she's upset about how the Republic mining harmed Quesh - and I did become fond of her. But at the beginning I very much did want to throw her out the airlock.

The thing that bugs me most about Ashara is how she's constructed this whole narrative in her head about how you are trying to reform the Sith from within when you never declared such a thing. You get no options to say, "What are you talking about? I'm not reforming anything, and neither are you." You just lie to her and play along or tell her her ideas won't work. She doesn't listen to you and is just so bullheaded about everything. I'd like my toon to be able to slap some sense into her.

The thing that bugs me most about Ashara is how she's constructed this whole narrative in her head about how you are trying to reform the Sith from within when you never declared such a thing. You get no options to say, "What are you talking about? I'm not reforming anything, and neither are you." You just lie to her and play along or tell her her ideas won't work. She doesn't listen to you and is just so bullheaded about everything. I'd like my toon to be able to slap some sense into her.

That makes much more sense if the SI is light or light gray, which, I think, is why some have surmised that the SI is canonically light.

Edited by ceryxp

Same with LS Jaesa - she thinks that if your SW declares an interest to *improve* the Empire or sees things in shades of gray instead of straight up LS/DS,, it means the SW *opposes* the Empire and want to start some movement to overthrow it. All one can do when she wants to go on quests to round up other Sith is to say, "yeah, honey, have fun with that..." It's pretty exasperating.