2.8 PTS Character Copies

TaitWatson

Hi all!

We have wiped the characters from the 2.7 Public Test Server release and you can now safely copy your characters over in anticipation of 2.8 testing.

I know the first question to this is going to be "When is that going to be, Tait, you valiant Knight of Information and Glory?" so I'll go ahead and tell you that we are aiming to put it up on the PTS this Thursday, May 1st (2014, if you're reading this way in the future).

While I don't have an exact time yet, I'll let you know when I do. And this, of course, is subject to change and I will update you all when I find stuff out! :tran_smile:

For instructions on PTS Character Copies, see below!

-tait, valiant Knight of Information and Glory

To transfer your character the Public Test Server, follow these instructions:

1. Log into http://www.swtor.com.
  2. Click on your account name in the top right hand corner of the site.
  3. Click “My Account.”
  4. In the left column, scroll down and click the link entitled “PTS Character Copy.”
  5. Select the server and then the character that you wish to copy from.
  6. Click the “Copy Character” button.
  7. The site will display the current status of your character copy at the top of the page. Additionally, you can click the “View your character transfer history” link to see if the copy has completed.
Edited by TaitWatson

I know the first question to this is going to be "When is that going to be, Tait, you valiant Knight of Information and Glory?" so I'll go ahead and tell you that we are aiming to put it up on the PTS this Thursday, May 1st (2014, if you're reading this way in the future).

Get out of my head!

I spilled my drink upon reading this. Thanks for a good laugh. ;)

"Thursday" in other words, tomorrow. And you have no information at all about it? Hmm... I sense a surprise coming up.

In the past when they have announced PTS dates they haven't given any detail about the patch that wasn't already known (I think the only thing we know about it is the date its coming and NiM DP... that leaves a lot of room)

Hey Tait,

Wanted to let you know when I copied my character over, I got warnings that I had Mail and GTN postings. I checked my mail late last night, and wasn't expecting anything, so while not 100% sure, I think its unlikely. I however am 100% sure that I have no GTN listings active.

It didn't stop my from being able to copy, but I just wanted to let you know.

Hey Tait,

Wanted to let you know when I copied my character over, I got warnings that I had Mail and GTN postings. I checked my mail late last night, and wasn't expecting anything, so while not 100% sure, I think its unlikely. I however am 100% sure that I have no GTN listings active.

It didn't stop my from being able to copy, but I just wanted to let you know.

Thanks for letting me know! I'll mention it to the team. If anyone else has similar issues, let me know. Thanks!

Attempted to copy two of my characters from Harbinger to the PTS, both gave me warning messages about having mail (I am guessing this is due to there still being read mail in my mailbox? I dunno), but my imperial character also showed a warning about things on the GTN, which I have no listed anything for months. Also, not sure how long the copy is supposed to take, but I am not seeing anything in my history showing a completed transfer of these two attempts.

Edit: Apparently it does show the transfer if I go to character transfer, and not PTS character transfer.

Edited by azhuresun

In the past when they have announced PTS dates they haven't given any detail about the patch that wasn't already known (I think the only thing we know about it is the date its coming and NiM DP... that leaves a lot of room)

Also shadow/assassin and vanguard/powertech DPS buffs are being very heavily implied, if the answers to the last 3 rounds of class questions have anything to say about it (and the next answers possibly too)

Thanks for letting me know! I'll mention it to the team. If anyone else has similar issues, let me know. Thanks!

It always says that. And the last two times I did a copy, it copied the character twice.

I had a similar text saying my character had mail, which he didn't, when I went online to check.

Like said by others, I also had my character copied twice the previous time.

Possibly because of all the stuff he had stored in the Cargo holds?

After all, I have all 5 cargo holds on my account, and I've discovered I only have/had two or three of those on PTS.

Not sure if I had it last time too, but I'm sure I only copied my toon once yesterday, and today on inspection, I saw two characters on the PTS so it must've copied twice as well. Plus, I had the same mail+GTN issues.

I have 2 copies of my chrs and checked mail before copying. Now since I used cartel coins for my account for extra storage I wonder if that is the problem. I always have many with mail with what was in storage. After getting to PTS. For some reason I don't get the proper amount of storage tabs at PTS. Just a thought Edited by well