honest ranked pvp suggestion. to fix all QQs.

-Messiah

ok so ive been playing for a bit and hanging out on the fleet for a while and theres been a bunch of ranked pvp problems/complaining... 'its not fair', 'people are win trading', 'its unbalanced', 'different servers are easier than others so people are transffering their toons for easy wins', 'solo queue means nothing', 'highest team rating doesnt mean youre the best'... i could go on.

so ive thought of the only way to say 'we are the best' 'ranked matters' 'whoever is on top is the best'

we have an official ranked team tournament.

it can start off with 8 or 16 teams for each server who can enter, depending on how many sign up. maybe only 4 teams on some servers. there will be tournament dates and times for each team, maybe a saturday or sunday (bioware can work that out) the winner of each server will be declared the best on that server, top of the ranks ect. get their rewards and all that.

then after that - the winner of each server then has a tournament between them. depending on what server the teams are on there will be a temporary server created similar to how a PTS server is created. where the 2 teams can copy their characters onto and play their tournament matches on it. this is allow for even pings and no complaining that one team has an advantage.

then there will be 1 team declared in all of SWTOR as the champions.

and to top it off this is all streamed on twitch and hosted by the swtor DEVs and other community members for all to watch! (the winner of each server matches). we can have interviews with some of the players too.

of course there will be much better rewards for winning this tournament then there are for the regular team and solo queues

and putting all the problems aside this will be a super fun couple of weeks.

what do you say? lets do it!

Enthusiasm is good but I believe it does not solve the problem.

This is star wars and this is my problem with pvp in swtor. The main stream of pvp should be 8 vrs 8. What does 8 vrs 8 offer? A fighting chance on larger maps. You see the smaller the map, like arenas, and the smaller the team. The more important it is to running the op classes at the time. Hence this becomes the ultimate failure of arenas in any mmorpg. Eight players are more difficult to counter with op classes then a simple number. A simple number being four, while eight can still use weak classes to their advantage.

This is probably where the developers in charge of pvp completely and utterly dropped the ball in swtor. If they had their ears to the ground a long time ago, they would have picked up on this. What is a star wars Colosseum fight?Its a huge stadium with spectators, and then the gladiators facing off to the death. Its been talked about in wow but never done, and mainly because they have such a large population over their. So if Bioware is serious about pvp, which I would not bet the farm on. This is what I would do.

Remove all arenas from the game. Remove the hutt balls from the game. Make regular pvp q and ranked pvp q purely 8 vrs 8 warzones. Then for the grand finally and only for players in full ranked pvp gear or tier two pvp gear have a Colosseum star wars style where teams 8 vrs 8 duke it out, and then take the game to the next generation of pvp. Allow spectators to view the Colosseum matches as they happen at the Colosseum. Meaning the spectators/players can view the match while being at the Colosseum This alone would put swtor pvp on the map. Pvp would be once again Empire vrs Republic with a nice big touch of star wars with the Colosseum. Obviously the Colosseum matches and participating in them should grant unique rewards.

This is of course if your looking for a true grand fix for pvp in swtor.