2859 RWZ Rated Juggernaut PvP Movie

selimonengut

Maybe being new to PvP has gotten the better of me, but I don't see what's so bad about back pedaling... If it's his choice to do so, why must that be a detriment to his skill level? SMH.

Good video dude. I've got a lvl 40 jug that I keep putting off to level up.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watched the video. I am disappointed.

I was hopping for the video to be of RWZ against good teams, where where good stuff happened, stuff that was worth being put into a movie, and they were quite a few. At the very least i hoped the video was against good opponents.

Instead, you made a movie about facerolling players between bad and average skill level with mostly bad gear.

The majority of the video is running 4man premade in normal WZ against terribad players and/or very poorly geared, AND vs rwz pugs man... that stuff is not even worth recording, or at the very least you find 1 good fight in dozens of hours of footage.

Playing a jugg vs randoms with a very good pocket healer like croustibat is not hard at all.

The "best" part of the video was that one rwz vs sphinx and that guild has mostly average players. That being the high end in the video is saying something.

-------------->

You have the opportunity to make a great movie, we had really good fights in rwz against good teams.... and yet you chose to make an average movie, that is why i am disappointed.

You put the "Warmonger" name, the best team in the EU, on something average. And from your pov that might be ok, since you are the GM, i however would not put my name on something average...not when i want to showcase my skill.

Regarding your player ability : You are better than what it is shown in the video, why settle on average footage? Also i really wish you would stop backpedaling.

P.S. i know you probably really wanted to make a movie, and can't share rwz tactics w/e. But i would have chosen to not make a movie where i would have to settle. :)

Edited by Dmasterr

Really??? You made it to nearly 2900 rating and you backpedal? Jesus christ. Sigh, hence why games higher than 3v3 games are terrible, too easy to carry bads to high ratings.

typical envying badie. Sees a new video posted, searches frantically for something to critique the videomaker. Anything just no to feel worse than him.

Personally, after watching this video I can say kudos to the op healer Croustibat. Amazing job.

Edited by NoTomorrow

Good compilation and examples of how to use the juggernaut to its full potential, seriously. I hardly play my jugg which was my first 50, I should dust it off and throw on that immortal/vengeance hybrid and give it a whirl before my sub runs out, I have a mix of vindicator and war leader BM pieces (mostly champion gear still) and I used to run the huttball back in the days but I do that now on my powertech when I feel like pvping on him (it's shieldtech spec) but intercede gives a greater advantage (especially with 2pc vindicator for 8% self heal).

I'm not going to even mention the matchups in that video, they're a tad lopsided, but the way the class is being played is what I liked.

Edited by Sookster

I was hopping for the video to be of RWZ against good teams, where where good stuff happened, stuff that was worth being put into a movie, and they were quite a few. At the very least i hoped the video was against good opponents.

Instead, you made a movie about facerolling players between bad and average skill level with mostly bad gear.

The majority of the video is running 4man premade in normal WZ against terribad players and/or very poorly geared, AND vs rwz pugs man... that stuff is not even worth recording, or at the very least you find 1 good fight in dozens of hours of footage.

Playing a jugg vs randoms with a very good pocket healer like croustibat is not hard at all.

The "best" part of the video was that one rwz vs sphinx and that guild has mostly average players. That being the high end in the video is saying something.

-------------->

You have the opportunity to make a great movie, we had really good fights in rwz against good teams.... and yet you chose to make an average movie, that is why i am disappointed.

You put the "Warmonger" name, the best team in the EU, on something average. And from your pov that might be ok, since you are the GM, i however would not put my name on something average...not when i want to showcase my skill.

Regarding your player ability : You are better than what it is shown in the video, why settle on average footage? Also i really wish you would stop backpedaling.

P.S. i know you probably really wanted to make a movie, and can't share rwz tactics w/e. But i would have chosen to not make a movie where i would have to settle. :)

Oh shut up

You notice he would charge after backpedaling know that charge has a 10m range limit, backpedal to get outside that range.

Nobody cares about your ranked team, especially with the attitude you have.

Edited by Sookster

DMasterr, do you guys not have a way to communicate outside the swtor forum or something?

You put the "Warmonger" name, the best team in the EU, on something average. And from your pov that might be ok, since you are the GM

First of all, your claim about being the best in the EU is still impossible to substantiate, unless you guys have cross server queues over there. Until then, your statement is like the LIBOR: utterly made up and completely full of it.

also, lol at you calling out your GM on the forums. I know my nameplate would be one line fewer for such a thing.

-------------->

Boo hoo he backpedaled to Charge, he sucks so badly. Shut up :) haters gonna HATE

Edited by PowerReaper

Nerf Croustibat.

And u should have really put in some rated stuff, you must have way better footage than this, i know, we played against you many times ;)

Good stuff nonetheless, and facepalm to the guys screaming "backpaddeling" just because they read somewhere that u HAZ TO BE BAD IF U DO.

Did i say nerf croustibat?

There is no situation where backpedaling is more efficient than Strafing. None. It is slower. "He only had to backup 3 steps", well he could have backed up faster if he strafed instead of pressing the "S" key.

There was also nothing truly impressive about this video, most good players who don't click/backpedal/keyboard turn do more amazing things in their average game than he showcases in the entire video.

Backpedaling will NEVER be as efficient as strafing as long as you move nearly 40% slower than if you were to strafe.

EDIT: It's obvious the only people defending backpedaling are the ones who do. It is and will always be wrong, no matter how you attempt to justify it.

Edited by Megatfx

Except you would get "LOS" faster strafing / mouse turning.

You would, but you would loose strategic information by turning your screen.

The willingness to accept backpedalling 2 steps to keep focus on the action and have situational information to make good judgements, show much more skill than someone who mechanically turns and strafes for those 2 steps to potentially be loosing some crucial piece of information - like what cooldowns the other players are throwing.

You would, but you would loose strategic information by turning your screen.

The willingness to accept backpedalling 2 steps to keep focus on the action and have situational information to make good judgements, show much more skill than someone who mechanically turns and strafes for those 2 steps to potentially be loosing some crucial piece of information - like what cooldowns the other players are throwing.

If you are only moving "2 steps" you aren't losing that much strategic information. I doubt the entire game is going to change in 2 steps that take less than a second.

If you are only moving "2 steps" you aren't losing that much strategic information. I doubt the entire game is going to change in 2 steps that take less than a second.

In fact I just did it. I just backpedaled for two steps, that took nearly a second. Just strafed those same two steps and had my camera pointed at the action, that took less than half a second.

Next attempt at defending your inferior movement please.

So...if you're in a rated and thus, naturally have several pocket healers, I guess vig/tank spec is the way to go?? I watched about 9mins of the video. Nice editing and music by the way!

What I don't understand, is WHY I didn't see you use Master Strike/Ravage? Maybe I missed it, but given that our dmg output is already abysmal with vigilance/vengeance, it's puzzling that you'd leave out one of the few abilities that would boost your dps. Either way, its good to see a JKG/Jugg video up every once in awhile.

-Shakazulu

What I don't understand, is WHY I didn't see you use Master Strike/Ravage? Maybe I missed it, but given that our dmg output is already abysmal with vigilance/vengeance, it's puzzling that you'd leave out one of the few abilities that would boost your dps. Either way, its good to see a JKG/Jugg video up every once in awhile.

-Shakazulu

He used it in a few spots. I'm not sure if he was the same spec through the entire match as he eluded to switching between hybrid and something else (it was in his response). From the clips, it looks like he was generally trying to avoid rooting himself for Ravage. I could be wrong, though.

Good vid. I'll say that it was a tad disappointing that you billed it as a 2859 rated team only to show mostly clips against PUGs in non-rated games. And it is a little more disappointing that you're avoiding showing your actual high level games to prevent leaking of tactics when most tactics have already been hammered out and aren't much different from what people use (again, I could be wrong there). But, all of that will be nullified once you release a guild vid.

As for the backpedaling comment, grow the f up. Why would I want to camera turn and strafe when I can take a few milliseconds longer to back up? If there is even the remote chance of losing my target on screen, that time that you saves is all for not. Then again, this is all moot anyway as the person chiming in probably doesn't have a rating half of what the OP does.

It means a player is not playing up to 100% of his capacity, he can do everything that he does backpedaling faster with strafe + mouse turning.

simply not always true. There are times when a quick step or two back is much more effective than turning a half turn and strafing away. He demonstrated a few in the video- theres no significant loss of speed for two steps, and the time taken to turn and strafe would have affected his facing more than just backpeddling two meters and keeping facing.

For tanks especially backpeddle can be effective over short distance for facing reasons.

I find that clicking nearly always lessens your effectiveness, but backpeddle can be useful occasionally. I dont think backpeddle is as black and white as clicking when it comes to badness.

simply not always true. There are times when a quick step or two back is much more effective than turning a half turn and strafing away.

i'm wondering why no one has suggested that he has his cake and eat it too.

strafe-jump-turn.

you cover the same distance in the time that you would be strafing, but you never lose your field of view.

Skulm The Unstoppable Juggernaut...

Whom I have stopped at least twice or thrice in every match we have played against each other? :D

This video is proof enough that ratings don't mean **** when skill is the topic of discussion. You backpedal. You turn with your keyboard. Some times you can't even manage to keep Croustibat alive, which is pretty laughable in itself, considering he's/she's a scoundrel.

Only thing I can give credit about is the choice of music: The songs actually fit the general theme of "pew pew look at me pwning in dah Pee Vee pee", unlike the ones in the previous Warmonger movie.

See you on the battlefield! :)

Edited by cs_Kimmo