Lost Island Hard Mode Boss Strategies Guide

This is PRE April 13 Patch. If they tone down the bosses (assuming they will) I'll try and edit the thread as soon as I find out. Also feel free to add you own commentary as I'm sure there are multiple strategies and I'm not positive at which percentages specifically certain changes might occur.

Recommended gear for the FP is at least full columni for all four members, rakata really helps. This is a HARD flashpoint. Screen your pugs extremely well.

Mini Boss #1: The Putrid Shawclaw (sp?)

-This boss is essentially a tank and spank. He hits very hard so have your tank use cd's and shields effectively. The only real strategy you need is to watch out for the yellow aoe targets he throws out on the ground which will cause dots on all of your characters.

Boss # 2: LR-5 Sentinel Droid

Short Version (I would HIGHLY recommend taking a little time to read the longer one as this is probably the hardest boss in the instance)

TANK:Interrupt Incinerate ASAP. If you get two stacks, use self healing (force shroud). Aoe taunt adds if neccesary, they don't hit too hard. Keep Droid in the center platform until about 20%, then move him to the front right corner only moving if he hits you with an electric area ball.

HEALER+DPS: Focus on interrupting plasma arc (electric bubble aoe damage) and dodging the areas of the floor where they lay. Avoid lava grates as much as possible because lava bursts out of it. Move as a group to keep plasma arcs in positions that are avoidable with movement. Take out adds asap At 20% move to main platform a decent area away from tank and continue to move as a group burning the boss.

LONG VERSION

-Arguably the toughest boss in the instance. The best group makeup consists of at least 1 dps who has an interrupt with a small cooldown. This boss has been done many different ways, but this is how we managed to take him down.

-The tank needs to keep him in the middle platform. Dps and healers can start the fight out wherever they want as long as they are far away from the tank but close enough to heal and dps.

-The boss has two main attacks

#1: Incinerate- Massive dot cone damage to whoever it affects. The tank HAS to interrupt this attack or it will continue to stack for at least 10k damage in a very short duration. Incinerate will stack up to two times, and has about a 2 second buildup for the complete cast. If interrupted within +/- 1 second it will not stack any damage on the tank. If interrupt shortly after that it will stack once on the tank and deal substantial damage. If all two stacks are set on the tank, he will require immediate major healing, or a force Shroud if you're lucky enough to be an inquisitor. This move cannot be cured. The incinerate move correlates perfectly with a 12 second interrupt cooldown, and once it's interrupted you won't have to worry about it until your interrupt is up again.

#2-Plasma Arc-For the first 3/4 of the fight (in almost all 20+ attempts we ran) he seems to only target the dps and healers. This is also interruptable and ideally the dps (or both if you're lucky) will focus solely on this attack. If plasma arc is cast it will create a small electric bubble dealing damage as long as you are standing inside it. The electric bubble continues to grow over time to a large area, which can cause big problems.

-And one untauntable laser attack lasting about 10 seconds. I can't remember the specific name, but it can't be taunted and has to be healed through. The good thing is the tank can still taunt the boss to get the damage reduction buff, along with wither or any other damage reduction for when he hits the other players with it.

-- So as of now we have the tank holding in the middle platform with everyone else on the outside plats. The dps and healers need to watch out for any plasma arcs that aren't interrupted as the electric bubbles will grow and continuously damage. Along with this, lava flows up the grates all around the middle platform and also deals substantial damage so the dps and healers job is to move out of any aoe thrown their way, while also avoiding the elemental lava.

-Around 70% the first wave of rakghoul adds will spawn. The tank can aoe taunt them or let them go since they don't cause too much trouble. They should be the main focus as soon as they appear. From about 35% on, the dps and healers should try and focus on staying on the left, back, and right platforms in order to have the main platform clear of any plasma arcs(front platform as soon as you enter the room).

-All the previous mechanics are continuous process through the whole fight until he reaches his final "phase" (it could be a soft enrage since it seemed to happen at different percentages with my group). During his soft enrage (with us it happened anywhere from 5% to 25%) he will cast multiple plasma arcs and all the lava in the floor will activate and bubble up. Because of this, we had our tank move the Droid to the front right corner of the main platform at around 30-20%. It is important to kite the boss AFTER he has cast his incinerate because if you are too far away to interrupt at this point it is most likely going to be a wipe. If executed correctly, and this platform hasn't been used yet, it should be clear of all plasma arcs and safe to burn him down for the rest of the fight. He will continue to throw plasma arcs so the dps and healers should move within a group around the main platform until the boss is dead.

*We ended up finally finishing him (group was full columni or better) with only the main tank standing with 95 health left. Yes, he is that hard.

Boss #3:Project Sovrak (easiest boss in the FP)

-This boss is a nice relief from the last droid, and his only real threat is a fairly short enrage timer.

-Sovrak has two Mechanics that need to be paid attention to.

#1-Smash:When Sovrak uses smash (can't interrupt) it is essential to group directly beneath him. The cast timer is long enough to give any ranged dps plenty of time to get under him, and that is the number one priority when cast. If executed correctly, he will smash and you will fly straight up into the air, landing safely at his feet. It's a good idea to hit him with de-buffs such as wither because he will aoe damage everyone when he lands. Once he is down, spread out once again.

#2-Jumping onto towers/Spit:After the smash, Sovrak will hop onto one of the 3 towers with a terminal beneath it. The group should work out before the fight who has which button, and locate which button is theirs after the smash. It will announce in red letters that the Sovrak is hopping up. The two dps and tank should immediately run the their respective buttons and press them (they have a 9 second cast timer. The healer should be standing in the middle of the platform and keeping everyone up because he will hit you with a poisonous spit attack during the 9 second activation time.

*sidenote-We noticed that the buttons cause flames to jump up from the tower when the button was pressed so we tried only activating whichever tower he was on. This will not work since he will sometimes jump to a different tower before the activation goes off and you've lost that much more dps time.

One thing to note is that this boss does have cone AOE attacks so the tank should face him away from the group, while watching how close you are to the edge due to a small knockback attack.

These two mechanics repeat over and over until the boss is dead. He does have a a very tight enrage timer so make sure to lay it down on him as much as possible.

Boss #4 (Bonus):

-If anyone can post up a strategy I will edit and give you credit. We took so long wiping on the droid we just skipped this one.

Final Boss:Dr. Lorrick

-Dr. Lorrick is on par with the droid in difficulty. He has three phases to go through. I haven't been able to test it more than a few times, but the Rakghoul Antidote will help you in this fight (something like that, sold on on the ddoid vendure on the Ziost Mission Deck).

Phase 1-Lorrick will randomly throw out aoe dots on the floor that can stack very quickly. He casts this move uickly, so be ready to move to avoid the de-buff the rakghoul poison gives you. He hits hard, and the tank should once again be kitting him away from the group while also dodging poison on the floor. Just before 80% lorrick will say something like "I've got a trick up my sleeve" and shoot multiple groups of explosives. The tank should be the only one receiving these as they do 5-6k damage each after about a 5 second explode timer. At 80%, lorrick will hide behind the northeast test tube (upon entering the room). All dps should be focused on the test tube while the healer needs to heal the tank through the bomb explosions he has gathered from Lorrick's previous attack.

-Once Lorrick comes out of the tank, we had one dps focus on Lorrick while the other took care of the add from the tank. This is because lorrick is somewhat of a dps race, and these steps are repeated 4 more times each spawning a tougher enemy. The last enemy (who is a champion) can be avoided if Lorrick is dps'd down fast enough throughout the first phase.

Phase #2-This phase is almost a piece of cake. Multiple fiery rakghouls will crawl at your party members leaving a trail of fire behind them. The party needs to individually kite the adds around so they won't fill the entire floor with fire. Dps should have no problem burning him down to about 20%, which is when we reach phase 3.

Phase #3-Lorrick transforms into a giant rakghoul and hops around attack and stunning the party at random. He CAN be taunted, however his stuns cause loss of aggro so when the tank gets hit (and he will) he needs to be ready to keep laying down taunts to keep the other party members from getting mauled. In this phase Lorrick also cause a virus explosion in the air dealing medium sized damage to the entire group. From the 3r phase on the tank should be trying to hold aggro the best he can, while everyone except the healer burns him down asap.

*Please feel free to add anything important I might have missed as I will continue to update and edit this post. I'm doing this purely from memory, but hopefully it will save someone some repair costs. Also if you're on correlian run feel free to add Nance (tank) or Siphon (dps/Healer) to your friends. I am always up for some pve :)

-Nance

Ctrl Alt Alite

Edited by ezellmt
Few Grammatical Errors, Changed title to appropriately reflect content

Talking solely about LR-5- while your suggestion to stand in the middle is a really good one, since it makes the fight a lot easier, many groups wont have the luxury of haxing only ranged DPS. And with melee dps you cant stand in the middle all the time because they will be targetted with aoe bubble and the boss will have to be repositioned outside of it. Currently, I think its best to pull him to the right of the starting door, then after first bubble move 20-30 meters to the next corner and then after 2 bubbles are on the field kite him to the middle (or middle-side). I still have to find a good strat that will work every time but it seems to give me the best results. Also dps sticking together behind his back helps to position balls where you want them to be. Edited by Mc_Gregor

For the bonus boss, The only strat we was doing was when the big icicles drop from the ceiling that we all spread out and do not stop moving.

Activating any defensive cooldowns is a big plus.

I'm a healer so I wasn't really looking at the boss the whole time but the Icicles were hitting like a freight train if people got hit by them.

Our group wiped on Lorrick about 20 times before we gave up. We got to the final stage multiple times, but the part where he keeps exploding into the green clouds kept killing us. I wasn't able to purge the debuff from anyone and it was stacking on everyone 6-7 times before we died. Is that where the antidote comes in? We forgot to try that.

For the LR-5 droid our tank recorded the fight if anyone's interested to watch. 3/4 of our group was ranged, which helped a lot.

Edited by NewLogic

Our group wiped on Lorrick about 20 times before we gave up. We got to the final stage multiple times, but the part where he keeps exploding into the green clouds kept killing us. I wasn't able to purge the debuff from anyone and it was stacking on everyone 6-7 times before we died. Is that where the antidote comes in? We forgot to try that.

For the LR-5 droid our tank recorded the fight if anyone's interested to watch. 3/4 of our group was ranged, which helped a lot.

We had the entire group (tank, heals, DPS) focus on hitting him hard in his final phase. He went down when we were at about 6-7 stacks of it.

I don't know if the antidote is used here, but I figure his last phase is a soft enrage. Bring enough DPS and you can power through it.

For the bonus boss, its just simple a matter of moving. He makes an announcement right before he starts dropping icicles and basically i just ran to the right, then made a sharp uturn and ran to the left, back and forth back and forth, all the while shooting the boss (sniper).

The tank and marauder just walked in circles around the boss, dropping icicles while hitting him.

ALL you have to do is keep moving, you dont even need to run, even walking while slowed gets you out of the way of the icicles pretty easily. Just start moving when you see the broadcoast from the boss that its about to happen.

Just dont try with two melee DPS. This fight is retarded as it is, but with two melee its simply plain stupid.

Lies, just did it with 2 melee a few mins ago. Me-marauder and jugg dps was fine. Took a few attempts but as long as you interrupt incenerate should be fine also we pretty much ignored adds.

Update for anyone who is having trouble with Lorrik:

We finally were able to beat him today after only 5 tries. We all made sure to use the "rakghoul antidote", but I'm almost positive it did nothing. It definitely did not prevent the debuffs he gave us during the final phase when he was exploding with green gas.

I think one of the contributing factors to us beating him was that I, a sorc healer, am learning to manage my force after the new nerf. When he entered the final phase I had enough force to spam my heals non-stop, and I kept everyone alive while we DPS'd him down easily.

Our tank recorded the fight if anyone is interested:

Good luck

Edited by NewLogic

This is PRE April 13 Patch. If they tone down the bosses (assuming they will) I'll try and edit the thread as soon as I find out. Also feel free to add you own commentary as I'm sure there are multiple strategies and I'm not positive at which percentages specifically certain changes might occur.

Recommended gear for the FP is at least full columni for all four members, rakata really helps. This is a HARD flashpoint. Screen your pugs extremely well.

Mini Boss #1: The Putrid Shawclaw (sp?)

-This boss is essentially a tank and spank. He hits very hard so have your tank use cd's and shields effectively. The only real strategy you need is to watch out for the yellow aoe targets he throws out on the ground which will cause dots on all of your characters.

Boss # 2: LR-5 Sentinel Droid

Short Version (I would HIGHLY recommend taking a little time to read the longer one as this is probably the hardest boss in the instance)

TANK:Interrupt Incinerate ASAP. If you get two stacks, use self healing (force shroud). Aoe taunt adds if neccesary, they don't hit too hard. Keep Droid in the center platform until about 20%, then move him to the front right corner only moving if he hits you with an electric area ball.

HEALER+DPS: Focus on interrupting plasma arc (electric bubble aoe damage) and dodging the areas of the floor where they lay. Avoid lava grates as much as possible because lava bursts out of it. Move as a group to keep plasma arcs in positions that are avoidable with movement. Take out adds asap At 20% move to main platform a decent area away from tank and continue to move as a group burning the boss.

LONG VERSION

-Arguably the toughest boss in the instance. The best group makeup consists of at least 1 dps who has an interrupt with a small cooldown. This boss has been done many different ways, but this is how we managed to take him down.

-The tank needs to keep him in the middle platform. Dps and healers can start the fight out wherever they want as long as they are far away from the tank but close enough to heal and dps.

-The boss has two main attacks

#1: Incinerate- Massive dot cone damage to whoever it affects. The tank HAS to interrupt this attack or it will continue to stack for at least 10k damage in a very short duration. Incinerate will stack up to two times, and has about a 2 second buildup for the complete cast. If interrupted within +/- 1 second it will not stack any damage on the tank. If interrupt shortly after that it will stack once on the tank and deal substantial damage. If all two stacks are set on the tank, he will require immediate major healing, or a force Shroud if you're lucky enough to be an inquisitor. This move cannot be cured. The incinerate move correlates perfectly with a 12 second interrupt cooldown, and once it's interrupted you won't have to worry about it until your interrupt is up again.

#2-Plasma Arc-For the first 3/4 of the fight (in almost all 20+ attempts we ran) he seems to only target the dps and healers. This is also interruptable and ideally the dps (or both if you're lucky) will focus solely on this attack. If plasma arc is cast it will create a small electric bubble dealing damage as long as you are standing inside it. The electric bubble continues to grow over time to a large area, which can cause big problems.

-And one untauntable laser attack lasting about 10 seconds. I can't remember the specific name, but it can't be taunted and has to be healed through. The good thing is the tank can still taunt the boss to get the damage reduction buff, along with wither or any other damage reduction for when he hits the other players with it.

-- So as of now we have the tank holding in the middle platform with everyone else on the outside plats. The dps and healers need to watch out for any plasma arcs that aren't interrupted as the electric bubbles will grow and continuously damage. Along with this, lava flows up the grates all around the middle platform and also deals substantial damage so the dps and healers job is to move out of any aoe thrown their way, while also avoiding the elemental lava.

-Around 70% the first wave of rakghoul adds will spawn. The tank can aoe taunt them or let them go since they don't cause too much trouble. They should be the main focus as soon as they appear. From about 35% on, the dps and healers should try and focus on staying on the left, back, and right platforms in order to have the main platform clear of any plasma arcs(front platform as soon as you enter the room).

-All the previous mechanics are continuous process through the whole fight until he reaches his final "phase" (it could be a soft enrage since it seemed to happen at different percentages with my group). During his soft enrage (with us it happened anywhere from 5% to 25%) he will cast multiple plasma arcs and all the lava in the floor will activate and bubble up. Because of this, we had our tank move the Droid to the front right corner of the main platform at around 30-20%. It is important to kite the boss AFTER he has cast his incinerate because if you are too far away to interrupt at this point it is most likely going to be a wipe. If executed correctly, and this platform hasn't been used yet, it should be clear of all plasma arcs and safe to burn him down for the rest of the fight. He will continue to throw plasma arcs so the dps and healers should move within a group around the main platform until the boss is dead.

*We ended up finally finishing him (group was full columni or better) with only the main tank standing with 95 health left. Yes, he is that hard.

Boss #3:Project Sovrak (easiest boss in the FP)

-This boss is a nice relief from the last droid, and his only real threat is a fairly short enrage timer.

-Sovrak has two Mechanics that need to be paid attention to.

#1-Smash:When Sovrak uses smash (can't interrupt) it is essential to group directly beneath him. The cast timer is long enough to give any ranged dps plenty of time to get under him, and that is the number one priority when cast. If executed correctly, he will smash and you will fly straight up into the air, landing safely at his feet. It's a good idea to hit him with de-buffs such as wither because he will aoe damage everyone when he lands. Once he is down, spread out once again.

#2-Jumping onto towers/Spit:After the smash, Sovrak will hop onto one of the 3 towers with a terminal beneath it. The group should work out before the fight who has which button, and locate which button is theirs after the smash. It will announce in red letters that the Sovrak is hopping up. The two dps and tank should immediately run the their respective buttons and press them (they have a 9 second cast timer. The healer should be standing in the middle of the platform and keeping everyone up because he will hit you with a poisonous spit attack during the 9 second activation time.

*sidenote-We noticed that the buttons cause flames to jump up from the tower when the button was pressed so we tried only activating whichever tower he was on. This will not work since he will sometimes jump to a different tower before the activation goes off and you've lost that much more dps time.

One thing to note is that this boss does have cone AOE attacks so the tank should face him away from the group, while watching how close you are to the edge due to a small knockback attack.

These two mechanics repeat over and over until the boss is dead. He does have a a very tight enrage timer so make sure to lay it down on him as much as possible.

Boss #4 (Bonus):

-If anyone can post up a strategy I will edit and give you credit. We took so long wiping on the droid we just skipped this one.

Final Boss:Dr. Lorrick

-Dr. Lorrick is on par with the droid in difficulty. He has three phases to go through. I haven't been able to test it more than a few times, but the Rakghoul Antidote will help you in this fight (something like that, sold on on the ddoid vendure on the Ziost Mission Deck).

Phase 1-Lorrick will randomly throw out aoe dots on the floor that can stack very quickly. He casts this move uickly, so be ready to move to avoid the de-buff the rakghoul poison gives you. He hits hard, and the tank should once again be kitting him away from the group while also dodging poison on the floor. Just before 80% lorrick will say something like "I've got a trick up my sleeve" and shoot multiple groups of explosives. The tank should be the only one receiving these as they do 5-6k damage each after about a 5 second explode timer. At 80%, lorrick will hide behind the northeast test tube (upon entering the room). All dps should be focused on the test tube while the healer needs to heal the tank through the bomb explosions he has gathered from Lorrick's previous attack.

-Once Lorrick comes out of the tank, we had one dps focus on Lorrick while the other took care of the add from the tank. This is because lorrick is somewhat of a dps race, and these steps are repeated 4 more times each spawning a tougher enemy. The last enemy (who is a champion) can be avoided if Lorrick is dps'd down fast enough throughout the first phase.

Phase #2-This phase is almost a piece of cake. Multiple fiery rakghouls will crawl at your party members leaving a trail of fire behind them. The party needs to individually kite the adds around so they won't fill the entire floor with fire. Dps should have no problem burning him down to about 20%, which is when we reach phase 3.

Phase #3-Lorrick transforms into a giant rakghoul and hops around attack and stunning the party at random. He CAN be taunted, however his stuns cause loss of aggro so when the tank gets hit (and he will) he needs to be ready to keep laying down taunts to keep the other party members from getting mauled. In this phase Lorrick also cause a virus explosion in the air dealing medium sized damage to the entire group. From the 3r phase on the tank should be trying to hold aggro the best he can, while everyone except the healer burns him down asap.

*Please feel free to add anything important I might have missed as I will continue to update and edit this post. I'm doing this purely from memory, but hopefully it will save someone some repair costs. Also if you're on correlian run feel free to add Nance (tank) or Siphon (dps/Healer) to your friends. I am always up for some pve :)

-Nance

Ctrl Alt Alite

The bonus boss does "nothing" new. It's all 100% the same, but the enrage timer is very very quick. So when yer done with yer 'walking' bit. Melee and ranged need to be within range immediately to start burning again.

for LR-5 Sentinel Droid,

Any ideas on how to handle this fight with 2 melee dps?

In my experience over the last couple of days - during which we have managed to consistently clear - the fight is actually not melee prejudiced in any significant way. Our first kill was with two ranged, but have subsequently done it with melee, and executed correctly there's no difference.

With a melee group you just need to kite the boss with the group, rather than holding the boss on the central platform with the group kiting the plasma arcs around the room in some discernible pattern. The way we did it was to pull him to the SW corner (always keeping healer and dps behind him) and then moved the entire group anti-clockwise as the plasma arcs came down. You should be able to place 4 on the South side, then 2 on the East, 4 on the North and finally 1-2 on the West depending on your dps.

Done correctly there's no real difference between a melee and ranged composition. The more pertinent question is the enrage timer. Our group is mostly rakata and we hit the enrage (all fire vents and huge arcs) at about 5% on today's kill - nuking that last bit down just in time.

Bonus boss

Really simple fight

Just DPS until you get the prompt hes going to smack the floor, then you must move around the room non stop until its finished (spikes drop from ceiling and you get a debuff that stacks faster if your not moving) . Then rinse and repeat.

Edited by Arthug