COMBAT in TOR: Fastest action in a 3rd person mmo?

Adriverdead

Faster, more hectic, more abilities that are a MUST to use (Naga mouse makes this cherry.)

Like a lot of you, been playing 3rd person rpg mmos since early 2000's (Not counting EVE or UO which i spend many hours playing when I should have been working...or showering.)

Opinions?

Yes I agree, and love every minute of it. I love the amount of action, the flow of combat(especially enjoy it with the Lightsaber fighting classes) and find it a LOT less boring and repetitive than other MMO combat.

There are some tweaks that need to be done, definitely still some ability delay, etc., but overall the concept is terrific and I am very pleased that they have managed to capture a good deal of the excitement of Lightsaber combat in an MMO.

Faster, more hectic, more abilities that are a MUST to use (Naga mouse makes this cherry.)

Like a lot of you, been playing 3rd person rpg mmos since early 2000's (Not counting EVE or UO which i spend many hours playing when I should have been working...or showering.)

Opinions?

With the global cooldowns on 1.5 seconds combined with lagged out animations and hidden delay I must say the PVP in this game is probably the slowest. I have also a naga but I think its fully possible to do good in PVP just by clicking on the spells in the spell book. You have like 2 seconds between every insta cast spell so its more than enough to flip pages and clicking the spells.

With the global cooldowns on 1.5 seconds combined with lagged out animations and hidden delay I must say the PVP in this game is probably the slowest. I have also a naga but I think its fully possible to do good in PVP just by clicking on the spells in the spell book. You have like 2 seconds between every insta cast spell so its more than enough to flip pages and clicking the spells.

^This.^ The 1.5 second GCD especially just makes combat amazingly slow-paced.

Opinions?

Not by any stretch of the imagination.

Fast, no.

Hectic, yeah.

It's tough to get that whole "stun lock" effect in a 1v1 that you do in a lot of other MMOs. Rogues could absolutely destroy my poor healing druid in WoW without a second thought..But everyone kind of stays up a bit longer in SWTOR, which makes it a big cluster<bleep> in a lot of fights. I like how it gets hectic, but trying to 1v1 in a WZ usually eventually devolves into one side getting zerged as reenforcements arrive since it takes so long to kill someone 1v1 >.>

Opinions?

Unholy presence DKs, cat form druids and rogues in WoW all operate with 1 second GCDs which by itself makes those classes considerably faster paced than anything in this game except for berserk ataru form sentinels/marauders spamming vicious slash.

Try again.

At the controls, no. It feels like any other MMO, though honestly worlds faster than EvE. :p It just feels faster because there's alot going on, gunslingers, troopers, bounty hunters and agents can rattle off a barrage of bullets that feels alot more lively and energetic. Sith and Jedi launch into their foes with dazzling lightsaber displays and then your foes and your pets that are either firing their own barrage of ammunition or waving their own pretty glowstick all over the place like its a rave. combine that with ambient blaster fire in the background that has no effect on your current fight and you get a very hectic and lively feel to battle.

But never forget most everything has the same cooldowns and GCD that any other MMO has.

But never forget most everything has the same cooldowns and GCD that any other MMO has.

DCUO, Champions Online, and Vindictus do not have a GCD.

Aion doesn't have a GCD because everything is "channelled"(and thus, interruptable), even if you don't see a channelling bar.

Guild War's "GCD" is 0.75s, but you're also rooted in place during that time. The upside is it has faaaaaaar more abilities off its version of "GCD" than most other games.

As someone else mentioned, some classes in WoW have 1s GCDs. But whats more important is that Haste lowers the GCD for all classes down to 1s minimum. TOR's Alacrity does no such thing.

Opinions?

Im lost, were you asking a question or making a statement ?

What are we giving an opinion on.

This!

There is no reason to even keybind given the ability lag, graphics lag, GCD. And no. the action is not fast and furious . My runemaster in DAOC had to do lot more to keep up than my sage ever did