Open world PVP?

alphamalebsr

Hello guys first of all I understand that this is not the game if I really want to enjoy open world pvp...However I just can't get myself to play anymore WOW or any other MMO since I kinda like this one atm..

So can anyone that knows where I can get any OWPVP action going please give me some tips to find some as I level? Like what server I should join, what faction, what worlds I can run into some NME's at, etc.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance!

Hello guys first of all I understand that this is not the game if I really want to enjoy open world pvp...However I just can't get myself to play anymore WOW or any other MMO since I kinda like this one atm..

So can anyone that knows where I can get any OWPVP action going please give me some tips to find some as I level? Like what server I should join, what faction, what worlds I can run into some NME's at, etc.

Sadly open-world PvP is nearly non-existant these days; it was a lot more active when the game first launched but has steadily declined to the point it’s at now.

The best you’re probably going to get is to head to the Gree Enclave area on Ilum or the rakghoul tunnels during the events and hope you find some people in the PvP-instances.

The best you’re probably going to get is to head to the Gree Enclave area on Ilum or the rakghoul tunnels during the events and hope you find some people in the PvP-instances.

Ok cool thank you, this is what I was looking for, any other areas like this? Someone told me in game that Tatooine has some PVP options...

Any recommendations on if I should be dark or light? I figured more people would be dark so I would run into more PVPers if I went light?

At the game's earliest days, Ilum OWPVP was the only "endgame" available. So yeah people did this.

I've been playing since 3.x or so and it was not a thing then already. On occasion people farm achieves but no one does the actual pvping. Your best shot would be dueling people I suppose or going Ilum during the Gree event. Haven't really seen people doing rakghould tunnels pvping, no PvP quests there and fewer achieves...

At the game's earliest days, Ilum OWPVP was the only "endgame" available. So yeah people did this.

I've been playing since 3.x or so and it was not a thing then already. On occasion people farm achieves but no one does the actual pvping. Your best shot would be dueling people I suppose or going Ilum during the Gree event. Haven't really seen people doing rakghould tunnels pvping, no PvP quests there and fewer achieves...

This is truly sad, pvp in the warzone's are actually fun... They just do not pop enough for me...

I wish they would give people more incentives to do world PVP

This is truly sad, pvp in the warzone's are actually fun... They just do not pop enough for me...

I wish they would give people more incentives to do world PVP

Very sad...I remember in Beta they had huge wars on Tatooine it was crazy...total lagfest but I didn't care it was awesome. BW seems less than interested in providing any open world PvP incentives because the PvE crowd throws fits about PvP "required" content.

I PvP and PvE and would like all types of content to be rewarding...But Star Wars isnt about balance...oh wait.

Edited by Soljin

Your best bet would be the cross-faction Dantooine daily area during prime time. There's usually people to kill, and sometimes there are other groups of pvpers that you can fight against (vs2, vs3 engagements)

You can even grab a couple friends and invade the faction outpost, dispatching the guards and slaying confused rp'ers as they load in to the zone. Good times.

Edited by EnzoForMe

Your best bet would be the cross-faction Dantooine daily area during prime time. There's usually people to kill, and sometimes there are other groups of pvpers that you can fight against (vs2, vs3 engagements)

You can even grab a couple friends and invade the faction outpost, dispatching the guards and slaying confused rp'ers as they load in to the zone. Good times.

Cool thank you, I'll look up this planet and the level requirements.

I exclusively play the whole game in the pvp map instances. If you don’t know about these, you may not realise you have to change to a pvp map. (There are only a few areas that don’t have this, aka, starting worlds, fleets and places like Odessen).

But that doesn’t mean you’ll get to OWPVP often because 99.99% of players don’t use those instances. Either other pvpers don’t want to do OWPVP when they play pve content or they find disconcerting that the maps are empty and the game feels even more dead than it is because you see no one.

Personally, I don’t understand why other pvpers don’t exclusively use those instances, but they don’t. So I don’t know what that says about them?

The upside of playing in the pvp instances is you never have to wait for mobs or bosses to get things completed because there is no one to compete with. That is part of the reason I use them. But it also gives me a slight possibility I might get to fight someone (even if it’s rare).

Edited by TrixxieTriss

One thing I wanted to add if Bioware is reading this.

Back when the Gree even first started, it made sense for the pvp area in the middle area to exclude companions. But now you have pvp map instances, the area should be allowed to have companions in both the pvp map and pve map.

The reason is if you are like me and like to use the pvp maps, you can’t go into the only “pvp” orientated area by yourself because you get jumped by premades who want to 2,3,4 v 1 people. They can totally lock out the whole thing against other players (let’s face it, there aren’t enough people to usually organise another Premade, especially at the off hours I play).

Where as I can run around the rest of the Gree event in the pvp instance and if they jump me, I have a fighting chance. Sadly, what I find is these people leave me alone in the rest of the Gree area because they can’t gank me 2-1 or 4-1. If seems if they have to contend with me having a companion, it’s too risky for them to attack me :rolleyes:

All I’m suggesting is remove the restriction from allowing companions in the middle map area of the Gree event. It’s no longer needed as a mechanic because we don’t have enough players anymore and we have dedicated pvp map instances as well.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

One thing I wanted to add if Bioware is reading this.

Back when the Gree even first started, it made sense for the pvp area in the middle area to exclude companions. But now you have pvp map instances, the area should be allowed to have companions in both the pvp map and pve map.

The reason is if you are like me and like to use the pvp maps, you can’t go into the only “pvp” orientated area by yourself because you get jumped by premades who want to 2,3,4 v 1 people. They can totally lock out the whole thing against other players (let’s face it, there aren’t enough people to usually organise another Premade, especially at the off hours I play).

Where as I can run around the rest of the Gree event in the pvp instance and if they jump me, I have a fighting chance. Sadly, what I find is these people leave me alone in the rest of the Gree area because they can’t gank me 2-1 or 4-1. If seems if they have to contend with me having a companion, it’s too risky for them to attack me :rolleyes:

All I’m suggesting is remove the restriction from allowing companions in the middle map area of the Gree event. It’s no longer needed as a mechanic because we don’t have enough players anymore and we have dedicated pvp map instances as well.

I agree with this...It's me and my companion against the galaxy!

I still think they should work on allowing us to use multiple companions to run group content (Solo). Especially since the population is super low and they don't seem to be interested in investing in a game revival to get the population up.

Edited by Soljin

I exclusively play the whole game in the pvp map instances. If you don’t know about these, you may not realise you have to change to a pvp map. (There are only a few areas that don’t have this, aka, starting worlds, fleets and places like Odessen).

But that doesn’t mean you’ll get to OWPVP often because 99.99% of players don’t use those instances. Either other pvpers don’t want to do OWPVP when they play pve content or they find disconcerting that the maps are empty and the game feels even more dead than it is because you see no one.

Personally, I don’t understand why other pvpers don’t exclusively use those instances, but they don’t. So I don’t know what that says about them?

The upside of playing in the pvp instances is you never have to wait for mobs or bosses to get things completed because there is no one to compete with. That is part of the reason I use them. But it also gives me a slight possibility I might get to fight someone (even if it’s rare).

Yeah I always do all my questing in the PVP instance/zone...And you're right this game seems to have PVPers yet when you go into a PVP instance/zone there might be 1 or maybe 2 other people while leveling... That is just sad tbh...

I started a new sorc a little time after I made this post, I created him on the SF server...I decided to make him Republic thinking that more people would play the Imperial side and perhaps be more aggressive as well... I finally got him to 75 yesterday, and the whole time while I was leveling I only got into ONE WPVP fight... WOW...

Really sad thing was that was the only time I actually saw a Imp too.. So I went from level 1-75 and saw ONE enemy faction player...

I think I resubbed to the wrong game... I like it and all, I actually think it is really really fun, but I want to WPVP as well as do instance PVP and this does not appear to be the game to do both.

• 7 months later...

Lol, that was exactly my way of playing the game back when I was active. I have to underline though there is a great number who perceive it as a personal offence if you kill them. You should have seen those hysterric accusations, insults (often profane), complains to my guild leaders... Amazing how some peope can get butthurt over getting whacked in an area where one is SUPPOSED to whack or get whacked.

Hey I'm fairly new as well I played when the game launched but fell out of it now that I'm wanting to come back cause I've officially lost interest in any other mmo as of now but I always love my STAR WARS so this is my new mmo until a new SW MMO drops or Ashes of Creation or new world drops until then its going to be SWTOR!! :D If you are on the server StarForge pleaseeeee add me D'køta !!! I WANT TO DO WPVP AS WELL I FRIGGIN LOVE WORLD PVP MAN I ALSO LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT PVP AND RPING SO HMU! How to do the o in my name is alt 0248 please add me we can go around and gank and quest together and do some warzones as well :D I also got my RL brother joining the game as well in the next couple days! He doesnt like SW much but he loves mmos so he will join with us! An this goes for everyone and anyone in this thread that wants to pvp with me and my brother sometime add me!! AN HMU

Also, if you guys recommend any other mmos that has a solid wpvp community and good wpvp mechanics please let me know I'll gladly check it out and play with ya'll as well sometime! :D I'm also waiting for my SWG game to come in next week from ordering on EBAY! I'm thinking about stepping in the SWG Legends Heard its got a great community and set up active world pvp events

God now i feel old in this game too...

Back in the day, as stated earlier Illum owpvp was it (unless you were on a PVP server, which i'll cover later) but with that many people on, you would get debilitating lag...and then came the complaints and the nerf...

There also were multiple servers that "suited" your needs (PVP, PVE, RP, ever RP PVP). I actually liked to level on PVP servers while i don't PVP very much, in my opinion it was more immersive "IMPS AT THORAZAN!". (RIP Bastion, Fatman/ Pot5, Jung Ma)

On PVE servers you could flag yourself to be attacked by another faction, but there was a 'bug' where you could unintentionally get flagged...and then the complaints came and then the nerf...(this is an ability that i wish they'd bring back personally after fixing the unintentional flag)

Like Trixxie said, i'll level on PVP servers but i like to see people too. It is interesting that the PVP community levels on the PVE side or maybe they are so anti PVE they just don't do it...

I still think they should work on allowing us to use multiple companions to run group content (Solo).

This would be very interesting and useful. Guild Wars allows the player character to customize their companions (called Heroes) and their ability quickbars (*). Then you can take up to 7 companions (total party of 8) into the toughest group content in the game; 3 companions (total party of 4) into easier group content. I have an excellent team of customized Heroes that I clear such content with. The game did not launch with this feature. For years NCSoft declined to implement it despite player requests. As the game matured, they realized that parts of it lacked enough participating players and came around to the view that this is a beneficial feature that allows anybody and everybody to play the content.

It would be great to have such a feature in SWTOR.

(*) A player character or a companion can only have 1 quickbar and take up to 8 abilities on that quickbar into battle; other abilities are not accessible in battle. There is a bit more control on these companions than mere Active/Passive switch and their AI is quite competent.

This would be very interesting and useful. Guild Wars allows the player character to customize their companions (called Heroes) and their ability quickbars (*). Then you can take up to 7 companions (total party of 8) into the toughest group content in the game; 3 companions (total party of 4) into easier group content. I have an excellent team of customized Heroes that I clear such content with. The game did not launch with this feature. For years NCSoft declined to implement it despite player requests. As the game matured, they realized that parts of it lacked enough participating players and came around to the view that this is a beneficial feature that allows anybody and everybody to play the content.

It would be great to have such a feature in SWTOR.

(*) A player character or a companion can only have 1 quickbar and take up to 8 abilities on that quickbar into battle; other abilities are not accessible in battle. There is a bit more control on these companions than mere Active/Passive switch and their AI is quite competent.

I played Guild wars alot when it first came out, i liked it, the Heroes made it fun.