Game Update 6.1.2 - Known Issues

CommunityTeam

• Dev Post

Here are the current known issues for Game Update 6.1.2:

• When logging into an existing character with a personalized interface or swapping to an older character, certain UI elements may be overridden.
  • Our team is currently investigating the root cause of the Quick Play issue some players might encounter since the last patch.
  • Our team is currently looking into the Crew Skills bug affecting players who didn't have their Crew Skills rank restored to its pre-reset value with last patch, 6.1.2b.

Edited by CommunityTeam

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are the current known issues for Game Update 6.1.2:

[*]When logging into an existing character with a personalized interface or swapping to an older character, certain UI elements may be overridden.

ugh, that ^ could be a problem since it's taken me 9 years to get my ui's exactly how i like them on all toons :eek:

Any further details or work-a-rounds? What exactly does "older character" mean? "older" as in created-by which date? or "older" as in hasn't been logged in X amount of days prior to the patch?

Is it possible to save a character's ui settings client-side (within the SWTOR game folder) before downloading today's patch and/or before logging back into the game post-patch? And if so, would such action be preventative in avoiding the *bug* alltogether?

----

ALSO.... see these 2 threads please: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=980868 and http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=980866 ( And i would also be curious to know who/why this type of ui change was added in the first place? Just seems sorta arbitrary addition, which also seems to have been universally opposed/hated on PTS by testers )

---

• The welcome window can only be moved when the "Enable Movable Secondary Window" setting is active.

Cool , thanks for updating your OP ... but 1 follow-up question please: Any chance we could also get an option to delete this new "welcome window" completely? I just don't understand why it's even needed tbqh . ( misguided foolish 'focus group' suggestion maybe? ) ... Or at least just please REVERT the code back to the original version.

Edited by Nee-Elder
please BioWare, please HOTFIX the ui issue today and remove the new version completely

I dont get why you wasted time by working on something that nobody needed or wanted as the original Social Bar worked perfectly for 8+ years.

You spent time and resources making something better into something worse - because honestly what the Social Bar now tells me is that there are exactly: 38 Magnifying Glasses, 1 Bowling Pin, and 13 Flags online.

Now try to compare it to the original Social Bar that worked perfectly for 8+ years.

Do you see the time wasted yet?

Edited by Darittha

I dont get why you wasted time by working on something that nobody needed or wanted as the original Social Bar worked perfectly for 8+ years.

You spent time and resources making something better into something worse - because honestly what the Social Bar now tells me is that there are exactly: 38 Magnifying Glasses, 1 Bowling Pin, and 13 Flags online.

Now try to compare it to the original Social Bar that worked perfectly for 8+ years.

Amen. I hated it in the PTS but they shoved it on us anyway because [who knows].

I'm stuck on the character selection screen. After downloading a patch and updating (which took almost an hour) I get to char sel screen and it says I can only go to starter planets and quick uploader on top of screen says 0%. If I try going to repair game it won't let me b/c game doesn't recognize that I downloaded a patch and am having issues (option is greyed out). Several people have reported this on forums. Edited by Teaurn

So the crafting revert/rollback is intentional, as many suspected. This just keeps getting better and better.

There are no words to describe the level of disappointment with this update. It's unfortunate that after being a sub since day 1 I now consider moving on from the game. The decision making has gone completely off the rails and decisions being made with player input have evaporated.

Game is stuck in Quick Play Mode. I can only log on characters on the starting planets. I have tried restarting the game/pc. Removing bitraider files so the client repairs and setting bitraider to startup. Nothing has worked. Multiple reports on twitter too.

IF we're going to be stuck with redundant bar there should be an option in the UI editor to have the new version or the old version or the new version should have a minimize option like the old one. This new bar is superfluous and fails to provide any added functionality.

So the crafting revert/rollback is intentional, as many suspected. This just keeps getting better and better.

supposedly not intentional. idc about that tbh because the worst that can happen there is u spend 500k and farm 100 points again. problem is the new Social INterface bar u cant really do anything about.

Edited by Darittha

The welcome window can only be moved when the "Enable Movable Secondary Window" setting is active.

And please can we have a option to not have it close when we hit escape to bring up the options window? Having to reload the interface every single time I want to see it is frustrating.

I'm stuck on the character selection screen. After downloading a patch and updating (which took almost an hour) I get to char sel screen and it says I can only go to starter planets and quick uploader on top of screen says 0%. If I try going to repair game it won't let me b/c game doesn't recognize that I downloaded a patch and am having issues (option is greyed out). Several people have reported this on forums.

This. Please add "not being able to log into characters" as a known issue nd maybe try to get it fixed asap.

The Social change is completely useless, not to mention it was likely an idea by some marketing person vs someone who actually uses the product.

We need a way to return it to default.

The fact one of the 3 panes in the new window spams cartel market items could actually be in violation of certain laws in various countries. Might be a good idea to undo it before any regulatory bodies catch on.

So the crafting revert/rollback is intentional, as many suspected.

Having automatic level 700 crafting was a bug and was reported as such months ago. They ignored it, however since we were all saving 500K in credits by not having to pay for 700 crafting or gathering skill, it seems they finally took issue.

If only they fixed the bugs we actually want them to fix this quickly.

Game is stuck in Quick Play Mode. I can only log on characters on the starting planets. I have tried restarting the game/pc. Removing bitraider files so the client repairs and setting bitraider to startup. Nothing has worked. Multiple reports on twitter too.

exactly this.. i was playing the game fine, switching back and forth between my alts, setting up my crafting, then all of a sudden the gamne goes in to quick play mode.. so i cant log in to any of my charectors and the download bar isnt even moving from 0.00%

total fcking shambles of a patch to be honest

The new Social UI is an issue itself. It absolutely doesn't fit in with the rest of the UI design, it is way too conspicuous and is uneditable in the Interface Editor. It has got to go and the old Social UI needs to be returned. Because this new UI bar is not going to work. Absolutely not.

When we open / close the welcome window several times in a row we're kicked from the server.

I was bored, so I tested this.

LOL, yes! It worked!

Recreated and kicked to server login screen.

Working as intended!

yes, same and reported in lots of places. Deleting BitRaider folder doesn't help. How can we spend money if we can't play the game?

I am having issues with being able to click selectable targets such as doors, elevator buttons, lootable dead guys, and NPCs to start conversations. Seems i need to move the mouse around the screen and sometimes adjust camera in and out, etc. to be able to click as before.

This is going to get me killed...

This^ Making things look different isn't tricking anyone into thinking you're actually adding things that are new. This isn't the first time you've needlessly messed up the UI for the sake of making things look new during a dry spell either. Please stop: nobody is falling for it.

Also, haven't looked to see if it's mentioned, but I can't place things on one of the additional (not main) toolbars now. Tried to put the new mount on there (yes, the toolbars were unlocked), but it wouldn't go. Now I can't put the one I removed back, either.

Great update :S

Also, haven't looked to see if it's mentioned, but I can't place things on one of the additional (not main) toolbars now. Tried to put the new mount on there (yes, the toolbars were unlocked), but it wouldn't go. Now I can't put the one I removed back, either.

Apparently that happens if you've had the new (...) open and it covers the quickbar. It continues to cover the quickbar even though it's hidden...

Since 6.1.2 released earlier today I've noticed a bug which revolves interacting with NPCS and Quest objectives. Whenever I go to clock on a NPC or quest objective. My mouse is hovering right on the target with out any obstruction yet it's not clickable even though its glowing blue. I have to swing the camera around to make the target clickable. it happened on almost all clickable objectives on Yavin 4 and Section X so for while on different characters. it's a very annoying bug that almost makes the game unplayable. Please look into this Thank you.

Apparently that happens if you've had the new (...) open and it covers the quickbar. It continues to cover the quickbar even though it's hidden...

It'd be funny if it wasn't so infuriatingly stupid. Nobody wanted this, it serves no practical purpose (beyond pushing the CM) and to cap it all off it's bugged in a way that breaks other stuff!

Not to mention the fact that Nautolan DS corruption is STILL broken :S