Lana Appreciation Thread - Love for the Dark Advisor! Haters, please stay away,

IoNonSoEVero

What's your favourite Lana line/sentence? Can be anything!

I personally like, "Yes I'm still here, not going anywhere" :rak_03: or something like that, when you click on her!

I can't remember it exactly but during the rescue from carbonite, I love it said to my SW , I can only paraphrase though. "blind morality, you're going to get us both killed. You know that?" and "Unbelievable."

You know what basically anything she says between chapters 3 - 8 of KotFE, to a light sided help everyone/not blow stuff up Outlander anyway. Its like she's getting exasperated by the end of it. lmao.

Also Commander; "setting the clock. three.. two... one..." *Lana Beniko is not amused facepalm* I think I ended up with 3 face palms in cutscenes from Lana so far xD she still puts up with that Commander!

I don't recall Lana ever mentioning the crews, only Theron with Aric, and when meeting Kaliyo, but I my have missed any comment. Just thought she never had, while Theron did a couple of times.

When Lana and you walk off the bridge during Koth's argument with SCORPIO, there's a line where she says the bridge can only hold so many personalities. The player says something like "I'm used to it," and Lana's response is, "given your previous companions, I'd imagine so."

The companions are almost entirely rocks in SoR, but they're there and some of them have barks on Rishi and Yavin. For the SI story, it's confirmed the companions are there because you have to bring Talos for the Inquisitor's class-specific side quest. So even though Lana doesn't comment on anyone in particular, I always assumed that Lana and Theron would have had contact with the player's crew during SoR and Ziost on at least a superficial level since they would have been there.

When Lana and you walk off the bridge during Koth's argument with SCORPIO, there's a line where she says the bridge can only hold so many personalities. The player says something like "I'm used to it," and Lana's response is, "given your previous companions, I'd imagine so."

The companions are almost entirely rocks in SoR, but they're there and some of them have barks on Rishi and Yavin. For the SI story, it's confirmed the companions are there because you have to bring Talos for the Inquisitor's class-specific side quest. So even though Lana doesn't comment on anyone in particular, I always assumed that Lana and Theron would have had contact with the player's crew during SoR and Ziost on at least a superficial level since they would have been there.

Exactly. They should know the Outlander's crew well enough.

Exactly. They should know the Outlander's crew well enough.

Yep. It's for that reason as well that IMHO the "I found these assassins" line doesn't make much sense in Iokath if your Commander is a Sith Warrior or Trooper.

Well, in my SW's case it was justified that Lana called Quinn an assassin, because my character saw him that way, but for Elara Dorne with a Trooper it makes no sense. But that's not on Lana; it's on Bioware for not making some additional lines for Lana and programming them in.

Yep. It's for that reason as well that IMHO the "I found these assassins" line doesn't make much sense in Iokath if your Commander is a Sith Warrior or Trooper.

Well, in my SW's case it was justified that Lana called Quinn an assassin, because my character saw him that way, but for Elara Dorne with a Trooper it makes no sense. But that's not on Lana; it's on Bioware for not making some additional lines for Lana and programming them in.

None of that little scene makes sense.. "I found these assassin's but decided restraining them or removing them of weapons would be too much effort." on top of the fact that the Commander could be married to one of them. Though I'll give writers props for putting the first public kiss scene in with Lana.

Edited by Asmodesu

None of that little scene makes sense.. "I found these assassin's but decided restraining them or removing them of weapons would be too much effort." on top of the fact that the Commander could be married to one of them. Though I'll give writers props for putting the first public kiss scene in with Lana.

Yeah, that's true, they are assassins standing there looking out the window without even being cuffed. :D :D

I agree, regarding the kiss. That kiss with Lana was amazing, and it really shows the evolution in her relationship that she's finally comfortable with a PDA with the Commander. The romance content they gave her in Iokath (the 'I love you' scene is really sweet, too) and the love letter they had her send after Umbara are great.

I don't like much about Iokath or Umbara's storylines, but the fact that they took the time to give her those lovely romance moments is worthy of a lot of applause.

• 1 month later...

I consider the 5.9 spoilertimer over by now so...

Who else cheered during the proposal scene? We finaly got it :-) My SI was realy, realy pi$$ed when she lost her throne, fleet and empire, but Lana made it up for her :o

I was scared that Lana was going to be in on Theron's "fake betrayal"-plot, forcing my sniper to break up with her (all the things that happened during the IA storyline have made her pretty sensitive to people lying to her or betraying her for "her own good" and I don't think the relationship could have survived something like that). Instead...that happened. Color me pleased. :D

I really, really liked how they did Lana in the flashpoint. She's redeemed herself 150% for that letter, and even proves a better person then the PC if they give Theron worst ending.

I would have preferred it if she stood her ground against our decision, she obviously cared for Theron by the way she was acting.

I think my warrior may have killed a little bit of Lana with that decision. :(

I would have preferred it if she stood her ground against our decision, she obviously cared for Theron by the way she was acting.

I think my warrior may have killed a little bit of Lana with that decision. :(

True, but she is very devoted and loyal to the PC .. she tries a few times to mention she was against the idea but did not actually act against the PC's wishes.

I could only watch a youtube vid of it once, but I too think your warrior did. :(

True, but she is very devoted and loyal to the PC .. she tries a few times to mention she was against the idea but did not actually act against the PC's wishes.

I could only watch a youtube vid of it once, but I too think your warrior did. :(

Charles Boyd mentioned on Twitter that player choices may affect what Lana (and I would imagine Theron) do in the future. I wonder if that choice is being set up as one of the things that will influence Lana's decisions toward the player in the future.

I don't think she ever had a thing for Theron, myself. But she clearly cares for him and considers him a close friend.

Charles Boyd mentioned on Twitter that player choices may affect what Lana (and I would imagine Theron) do in the future. I wonder if that choice is being set up as one of the things that will influence Lana's decisions toward the player in the future.

I don't think she ever had a thing for Theron, myself. But she clearly cares for him and considers him a close friend.

Yeah makes me curious on what those choices may be, considering she is still a Sith.

I never shipped the two as anything more then close friends and allies, myself.

Yeah makes me curious on what those choices may be, considering she is still a Sith.

I never shipped the two as anything more then close friends and allies, myself.

She gets upset if you leave the Imperials to die during that Gemini chapter, and she doesn't seem to approve of being disloyal to allies (part of her sales pitch for going with Acina on Iokath is that you're already allies and that it would send a bad message to turn your back on that). She also seems happier at the end of KOTET if you choose to be a Peacekeeper. Sith or not, Lana doesn't seem to be into pointless cruelty and I think she'd object to decisions by the player that pointed toward that.

Boyd mentioned something like war crimes against the Empire being a catalyst for making her leave, and that makes sense to me.

I have never romanced Lana, but my Commanders have all been close friends with her. My one and only character that romanced Theron was so hurt by Lana's letter and her reactions. But the way she was written in Nathema was beautiful. She was still mistrustful of Theron, but at the end, when she was the one that called out to him, she was the one that pulled him away and was checking on him, you could see how much she actually cares about him. This felt more true to her character than she has since this whole ordeal started. I couldn't be happier with the way that it turned out. I just wanted to come in and share a little Lana love. :)

She's another speed bump character that constantly gets shoved into my way, because the "story" (the incoherent rubbish they call "writing" in this "game") forces me to do so.

I can't bring anybody else. I have to bring Darth Diet Coke.

I find her generally rubbish. Better than a **** like Theron, an ****** like Arcann, or that dumb Jedi bimbo all my Inquisitors are plagued with (WHY IS SHE BACK!), but still as companion for a proper Sith?

Yeah, if you've never read anything about Sith and know very little about them, then she's fine.

• Confused 1

I have never romanced Lana, but my Commanders have all been close friends with her. My one and only character that romanced Theron was so hurt by Lana's letter and her reactions. But the way she was written in Nathema was beautiful. She was still mistrustful of Theron, but at the end, when she was the one that called out to him, she was the one that pulled him away and was checking on him, you could see how much she actually cares about him. This felt more true to her character than she has since this whole ordeal started. I couldn't be happier with the way that it turned out. I just wanted to come in and share a little Lana love. :)

I'm with this.

My PC felt really upset with Lana's reaction especially post Copero and I thought it was too extreme. I'd really worried for how she would react on Nathema but I liked the direction it took. Mistrust, some bickering, allowing Theron to confront her in return, slowly reestablishing some trust between them to her concern for him at the end. It makes her lashing out post-Copero feel more understandable too and I now see it as her essentially expressing frustration and some hopelessness in the sense of "Damn you Theron you were my friend, I trusted you and care about you, how could you do this?!". I can live with that much more.

I'm with this.

My PC felt really upset with Lana's reaction especially post Copero and I thought it was too extreme. I'd really worried for how she would react on Nathema but I liked the direction it took. Mistrust, some bickering, allowing Theron to confront her in return, slowly reestablishing some trust between them to her concern for him at the end. It makes her lashing out post-Copero feel more understandable too and I now see it as her essentially expressing frustration and some hopelessness in the sense of "Damn you Theron you were my friend, I trusted you and care about you, how could you do this?!". I can live with that much more.

I did think that the way they drove that arc was very well done, and that's not something I say much about SWTOR anymore. I was honestly worried after Copero that there was going to be an open battle between Lana and Theron on Nathema, and that we were going to be forced into a choice of protecting one to save them from the other. I wouldn't have found that IC for Lana or Theron but at that point I wouldn't have put it past the devs.

But it also did seem as though the email was Lana venting her understandable anger and hurt, and I am very glad that is how it turned out to be.

Edited by IoNonSoEVero

And I have to say I loved the marriage proposal. It's making me a little teary with happiness that the game finally officially is allowing same-sex marriages with Lana and Theron. But beyond that the way they wrote Lana's proposal scene was really sweet and in character.

The only reason I was thinking that myself (that she had a thing) was the extreme reaction to theron's so called betrayal. But me the player kind of figured what might be going on anyways so in my head I was saying "lana it is obviously him being a double agent". So it might be more me reacting then what my PC would have. But I found it odd that she dismissed some of what my pc was saying at first but I am glad she finally started to listen to what we were saying.

I really love the pc, theron and Lana team.