Is Harassment now the new 'entertainment' ?

Protoaloe

For several days now I find it impossible to play this game because wherever I go with whatever char I am playing, there is always some idiot using Rakghoul Infection or such on me (and others) till I eventually die but coming back it starts all over again.

To even have such a thing in this game able to use upon other players is totally idiotic and I do not know what idiot over there came up with that idea. Immature people should not be allowed to be designers of a major computer gaime!

So anyway, good bye for now. Thanks for spoiling my long weekend for me (and others)

Step 1: Go to Medical Droid.

Step 2: Purchase Rakghoul Vaccine for 1000 credits.

Step 3: Apply Rakghoul Vaccine.

Step 4: ???

Step 5: Profit. (Oh, and never die from rakghoul disease again. At least, not during the 6 hour duration of the vaccine.).

* Reminder - remember to reapply Rakghoul Vaccine after each death (death can still claim you even if rakghoul disease can't). Alternatively, raise you reputation with T.H.O.R.N. and purchase a reusable vaccine that comes in relic form.

Edited by ceryxp

during the rakghoul event you get infected in the tunnel.

you can immunize yourself by using the vac or using the rakghoul relict.

last one is re-useable.

so if you don't want to be infected, just use them. if you are taking part in the event,

you need to.

there is also an achievement for infecting up to 1000 (hidden) players

and there is a daily quest for it. so it is easy to get rid of it, but claiming

it as harassment is a bit unfair.

if you are now leaving the game, can i have your stuff?

Edited by fabsus

Playing the game isn't harassment.

There is both a hidden daily quest and achievement to infect people with the plague, The daily also awards people a Rakghoul DNA cannister which can be used to buy items from the event vendor or to gain reputation with Lokin for his recruitment quest.

Also...

As others have pointed out there are Rakghoul vaccines at the medical vendors that both cure you of the plague and prevent further infection. Got infected? It's your own fault for not having a stim active when there is an announcement on Fleet every 5 minutes that the event is on. It's like going to Outlaw's Den or the Gree area of Ilum when that event is on, and complaining that you got killed by another player.

Edited by Aeneas_Falco

It's like going to Outlaw's Den or the Gree area of Ilum when that event is on, and complaining that you got killed by another player.

Suprising as it may sound, but that happens too...lol. The amount of crying because people are killed at the pylon is actually funny...lol

Delicious sounds of unnatural howling from a minority of players, the glorious sound of their spirit breaking! :D

But seriously though, the rak event has always been like this and as others said: get the vaccine from the med droid. just make sure you don't die otherwise you'll have to get another and apply it and that vaccine isn't cheap to get, besides that you'll be free from concern of exploding players turning into a green mess like that hutt in the smuggler storyline swallowing a grenade! :p

If you don't want to get that vaccine and get yourself worked up some more, i wouldn't suggest coming here venting or continue to play tthat aspect of the game until it ends.

Let's end this all. He's not coming back to this thread, and you all just fed a troll. :D

Being suspicious as i am, were you the one who created this thread with this inane nonsense posing as another user? if not, then unless you can mind read, i don't care what crap you wish to make up, just don't bring it here.

Edited by Celise

There's a quest that gives you rewards for infecting people... its not really harassment. If you don't want to be infected just buy the vacines or farm enough reputation to get the re-applicable vacine from the THORN reputation vendors.

For several days now I find it impossible to play this game because wherever I go with whatever char I am playing, there is always some idiot using Rakghoul Infection or such on me (and others) till I eventually die but coming back it starts all over again.

To even have such a thing in this game able to use upon other players is totally idiotic and I do not know what idiot over there came up with that idea. Immature people should not be allowed to be designers of a major computer gaime!

So anyway, good bye for now. Thanks for spoiling my long weekend for me (and others)

Like clockwork. Every time the Rakghoul event comes up.

(Like others said, there is a cheap vaccine on the fleet med droids).

Being suspicious as i am, were you the one who created this thread with this inane nonsense posing as another user? if not, then unless you can mind read, i don't care what crap you wish to make up, just don't bring it here.

Funny, I was going to ask you the same thing. And no, I'll bring it every time. Bummer for you. Oh look he still hasn't come back.

It's part of the event and you can get vaccinations or get a relic from the event which you can use to be immune for 6 hours at a time.

I get that it annoys you but I also think you're being overly dramatic here. Just get the relic. It takes a bit of effort but not much and you're set for the rest of this game's existence. If you're too lazy to get the relic just buy a handful of vaccines...either way problem solved.

So since there are simple solutions, it's your choice to be upset for a weekend or just take action and take care of the problem. I find it immature of you rather to react this way. So I guess there's that. Really just get a relic or some vaccines and you're set. Why would you let your disproportionate anger ruin your weekend?

Funny, I was going to ask you the same thing. And no, I'll bring it every time. Bummer for you. Oh look he still hasn't come back.

pssh! hahaha. i'm sure you won't ever contact bioware to confirm that i'm using that account will you, ah, just throw names and call it a win.. oh please. :rolleyes:

obvious troll, but i ilike trolling trolls so.... To be fair, i keep getting told that what qualifies as harassment, or being toxic, is variable and should actually decided by the person being the tard, not the person affected by them... so we really should be asking the person who was doing the infecting if this was even harassment before passing judgement :)

Its called immersion.

pssh! hahaha. i'm sure you won't ever contact bioware to confirm that i'm using that account will you, ah, just throw names and call it a win.. oh please. :rolleyes:

What world do you live on? I don't care who you are, and I don't care who you think I am or what names anybody's throwing around. What does contacting bioware have to do about anything? Yea, let's call it a win... I guess. :rolleyes:

Edited by Zerileth

This thread epitomizes the SWTOR forums.

Player has problem in game that makes him angry. HULKSMASH!

Player does not try to figure out a solution to problem. HULKSMASH!

Player does not ask other players how to solve problem. HULKSMASH!

Player comes to forum and rages. HULKSMASH x4!

It's a magical scene that happens every day.

/popcorn

Edited by Rion_Starkiller