The Hunt for Lord Tharsis

This quest is the bonus for the first stage of the Balmorra bonus series, Republic side.

It needs to be marked as a group 4, when currently it would appear to be just like any other bonus until players find themselves up against a brick wall at stage 3. Stage 3, unlike the cakewalk before it, requires killing a boss with an incredible amount of hp that does a large amount of damage and is simply not possible to solo.

After finding another player to complete this stage, we were only greeted with the final stage which requires killing Lord Tharsis himself - a boss with over 100k hitpoints with 2 second cast spells that can take 25% hp off a tanking companion. Not possible to duo (we may have scraped by with a healing specced player - who knows).

This quest should either:

A - Be removed as a bonus and added as a completely separate heroic 4

B - Be made very clear to players that it will require a full group, trinities and all.

Edited by GenericBadGuy

• 2 weeks later...
this quest is ridiculus a agree it should be a heroic. Im a level 38 jedi sage and i have been able to solo all this bonus with a healing companion (im dps). I have fully modded gears and my companion has advanced gears and i just cant keep up this fight alone. I get him a little over a quarter of his hp and hes outspiked my healer and im exhausted on force. I have been doing all the bonus finales of the worlds and i have got to say wow on this one. What were they thinking? come back when your level 50? frustrating :mad:

just solo'd him on my 39 Trooper - healer specced with Tanno Vik tanking.

Got him to about 2% health I am good to go on my side my henchman is having fun - whammo quest failed - reset do it again...

Is this broken?

I checked if there was a timer and there isn't one listed so whats the deal I see he is doing this for others as well has anyone found a reason for the failure?

quest is bugged but in a good way for me.

I tried soloing him, it wasnt even close. died, so i went back to the little outpost nearby to turn in a different quest. then I noticed another green triangle on the map so I went to that npc.

turns out I got credit for the kill. no idea how or why. a few others around said the same thing happened to them.

• 2 weeks later...

Almost impossible to do at the appropriate level for doing missions on Balmorra. Needs to be flagged at a Heroic 2 (since he basically is in a heroic zone as well), or tone down to fall in line with being soloable at 36 by most classes (not just ones that are healing with a tanking companion).

Seriously, he has 100,000 health and tosses lightening around twice as fast at you can interrupt (about every 6 seconds).

Edited by Thradar

• 2 weeks later...
Very easy to solo as a sentinel, just use doc. and rotate between using interrupts (force leap if specced for it in watchmen), and defensive cooldowns when you don't have anything to interrupt it with. stim up, and use your 20 minute cd if you have to. Took maybe 4 minutes as a level 38 sentinel. Honestly, i found actually getting to the area through all the elites/champ mobs harder than the fight to him.

Failed to get him down as a Shadow Tank (at 37 I think) with a friend (Commando I believe) As he is immune to stuns/interrupts except the Mind Snap he gets off quite a bit of damage.

Even with THaran healing, use of stims and med packs I failed.

It may be a case of L2P, but this is by far the hardest fight for me in the game so far.

(I also failed in getting the Apprentice down solo, but at least that fight seemed doable whereas this does not seem soloable.)

Again - I may need to improve my rotations, gear etc, but Lord Tharsis is a hard nail indeed.

Did it as a lvl 39 Jedi Guardian with Doc backing me up with heals , the apprentice whent down after 7 or so min , but i did not get credit for it , the quest just disapeard from my logbook. Buged as hell t would seem. Atlest have a quest giver for it and mark it as Heroic quest so ppl know what are they getting into.

• 3 weeks later...
Just solo'd this as a lvl 38 Kinetic with Tharan. Its true he is immune to stun. Took about 6 minutes. I felt the key was to get your Harness Shadows up for the healing and use Resilience everytime it was on CD and you were taking damage from Forced Lightning. So it is soloable and it didn't reset on me.

• 2 weeks later...

It was intense, but I soloed it with a L38 Shadow(tank) and the heal pet just this morning. I have all blue up to date mods for me and my pet(cybertech ftw).

Not sure how long was the fight, but it lasted long enough for me to use 2 medpacks. I was only able to interupt every other channeling that Tharsis did because of my cool down, but that was enough combined with pet heals and heals from the tank tree.

I did get credit at the end and finished the bonus. The champion Loell was easy.

I help all my guild mates with my level 50 that have this quest. its just way to hard for a bonus series quest.,no bonus series should require a heroic part to complete. Heroics are optional other than gear and some xp they are not required. this one can get you on par with higher level planets.

• 3 weeks later...