Age of SoR/sub reward companions?

evasilievna

Hello,

I've never been good at estimating someone's age, please help me? While i don't have any sub reward comps my guildies and friends have, i'm still curious . My thoughts :

Lana Beniko - 30

Theron Shan - 32/33

Koth Vortena - 38/40

Darth Hexid - 40

Master Ranos - 35/40

Shae Vizla 50+

Senya 55/57

Vaylin 30

Arcann 35/37

Nico Okkar unknown

Treek unknown

Your opinions, please? Thanks! :p

Edited by evasilievna

Information looted from Wookieepedia. The usual caveats about the accuracy of crowd-sourced information apply.

Wookieepedia is a bit vague on Lana's age, but she is probably *older* than Theron, not younger. When this sort of topic comes up, the usual age cited is close to 40 at the time of SoR, but it isn't clear.

Theron was born, it says, in 3666 BBY(1), and the game opens in 3643 BBY, 23 years later. Shadow of Revan (more properly "Prelude to Revan") begins five years after that, so at that point Theron is 28. At the beginning of Chapter III of KotFE (when Lana breaks the player out of imprisonment on Zakuul), the date is 3632 BBY, at which point Theron is 34.

The others are distinctly unclear. Nico's age is, indeed, mysterious, although his biological age was frozen for fifty years or so between the "Return" trailer (on the space station above Korriban) and when the player meets him if you do the drink-mixing minimission.

Based on the chronology described for Senya's life prior to the birth of her children, I would have said she was older than you imply when her children were born. She was recruited into the Knights, and served for two years before becoming romantically involved with Valkorion. This seems to imply that Arcann and Thexan were born when she was probably more like 25 than 20.

Wookieepedia is a bit vague on Lana's age, but she is probably *older* than Theron, not younger. When this sort of topic comes up, the usual age cited is close to 40 at the time of SoR, but it isn't clear.

I asked Charles Boyd about this two years ago on Twitter. He said she was originally made to be a parallel to the player characters, but since character age may vary depending on headcanon, to him she's about the same age as Theron. He furthermore said they don't usually establish stuff like that unless they are story relevant, such as Theron's year of birth.

So yeah, Lana's is Theron's age, give or a take a year. In other words, early to mid-30s.

Edited by BenKatarn

I asked Charles Boyd about this two years ago on Twitter. He said she was originally made to be a parallel to the player characters, but since character age may vary depending on headcanon, to him she's about the same age as Theron. He furthermore said they don't usually establish stuff like that unless they are story relevant, such as Theron's year of birth.

So yeah, Lana's is Theron's age, give or a take a year. In other words, early to mid-30s.

OK, that's interesting. And of course 23-ish when the game opens, 28-ish at SoR, etc. is reasonable for "Lana is about the same age as the player character".

My own take on the PC's age as the game opens goes something like this:

* Jedi and Sith are probably not much older than 18-19.

* The Agent and Trooper are old enough to have completed their respective training, but, especially for the Agent, not much older than that. 20-22, say, and definitely not older than 25.

* The Bounty Hunter is probably a bit older - old enough that the reputation the team seeks to establish on Hutta is credible, but not older enough to be well-known everywhere - maybe as old as 25.

* The Smuggler is old enough to have learned to pilot a ship in war zones like Ord Mantell without getting a scratch, AND to have sufficient reputation that Rogun would hire him to carry those guns in the first place. Perhaps as much as his early 30s, more likely upperest 20s. Say 28-32 to be on the safe side.

That's where we run into some inconsistencies, because her codex entry states that she was present and Sith-like during the war right before the signing of the Treat of Coruscant, which was 10 years before the start of the game. It'd be more believable, at that point, that she's around the same age as Quinn and Andronikos, who were both in their early 20's at that stage...35-37 in Ch 1...late 40's during Iokath...

In all honesty, it would be refreshing to see a female romance who isn't practically a tween. Quinn and Andronikos are both significantly older than their female romanced counterparts.

Edited by Dracofish

In all honesty, it would be refreshing to see a female romance who isn't practically a tween. Quinn and Andronikos are both significantly older than their female romanced counterparts.

By that I presume you mean "(straight) romance for female characters", and you've left out more than just one or two:

* Aric Jorgan is a career soldier, and when the game opens, he already has ten years more service than the player.

* Corso's age is unclear based solely on the story, but I would suggest he isn't particularly old (both Viidu and Skavak talk about him as if they think he's young), and depending on your headcanon for the smuggler herself (see my post above), your character may be older than he is.

* Felix Iresso is definitely significantly older than the Consular, just like Quinn is.

* Torian Cadera is definitely NOT older than the player character.

* Doc's age isn't clear from the story, but he is in no way as young as the Knight. My best guess is a ten-year difference at the minimum.

* Vector? No idea, but again, almost certainly a chunk older.

So if you want to play your (straight) female character as being around the same age as her romantic partner, you're more or less stuck with Theron. It's feasible to think of Corso or Torian if your headcanon flows correctly for those classes.

That's where we run into some inconsistencies, because her codex entry states that she was present and Sith-like during the war right before the signing of the Treat of Coruscant, which was 10 years before the start of the game.

No.

This is what her codex (the Republic version, "An Unexpected Ally") says:

While no SIS database appears to mention Lana Beniko by name, further scrutiny might offer a glimpse into the psyche of this unusual Sith Lord. As detailed in an incident report, a skirmish on Hoth between Republic and Imperial forces during the Treaty of Coruscant ended abruptly when an unidentified female Sith Lord leapt into the midst of the battle, demanding an immediate ceasefire--and an explanation for the fight. When an Imperial officer suggested she wouldn't understand the nuances of military conflict, he lost his right hand to a lightning-fast lightsaber strike.

"During the Treaty of Coruscant" can mean at any point in time during the 10-12 years inbetween the Sacking of Coruscant and the beginning of the game. Boyd said the same thing when prompted about it, "the intention there was "while the treaty was active", not "when it was signed".

Oh, and just to be on the safe side of things, here is the entire exchange with Boyd.

Edited by BenKatarn

By that I presume you mean "(straight) romance for female characters", and you've left out more than just one or two:

* Aric Jorgan is a career soldier, and when the game opens, he already has ten years more service than the player.

* Corso's age is unclear based solely on the story, but I would suggest he isn't particularly old (both Viidu and Skavak talk about him as if they think he's young), and depending on your headcanon for the smuggler herself (see my post above), your character may be older than he is.

* Felix Iresso is definitely significantly older than the Consular, just like Quinn is.

* Torian Cadera is definitely NOT older than the player character.

* Doc's age isn't clear from the story, but he is in no way as young as the Knight. My best guess is a ten-year difference at the minimum.

* Vector? No idea, but again, almost certainly a chunk older.

So if you want to play your (straight) female character as being around the same age as her romantic partner, you're more or less stuck with Theron. It's feasible to think of Corso or Torian if your headcanon flows correctly for those classes.

No, I was talking about female romance companions. They're all young. Vette. Jaesa. Ashara. Mako. Etc. So it would be refreshing to see a female romance companion (Lana) be older than the player character she is romancing...as with most of the male romance companions. By Iokath, it's quite possible to have a near-twenty-some-odd year difference between a female player character and her male romance. That doesn't really happen for male player characters.

Edited by Dracofish

No.

This is what her codex (the Republic version, "An Unexpected Ally") says:

"During the Treaty of Coruscant" can mean at any point in time during the 10-12 years inbetween the Sacking of Coruscant and the beginning of the game. Boyd said the same thing when prompted about it, "the intention there was "while the treaty was active", not "when it was signed".

Oh, and just to be on the safe side of things, here is the entire exchange with Boyd.

They should probably rethink the verbiage of their codex entry at that point, but it doesn't surprise me.

And again, it would have been refreshing to see an older female romance option. Most of the male companions are older. Why not a female one? Double-standards are such funny things.

21 year old female player character with a 35 year old male companion? Just ducky. 21 year old male player character with a 35 year old female companion? WHINE-WHINE-WHINY-WHINE-WHINE-CRY.

My canon Outlander, a Sith Inquisitor, is 27 when she hits carbonite, and Andronikos is 41. By the time she's woken up, her body hasn't aged, so theoretically she's still 27 and he's now 46. Throw a Sith Warrior in there and Quinn is 48. That wouldn't fly very well if the genders were swapped. Sad but true.

Edited by Dracofish

They should probably rethink the verbiage of their codex entry at that point, but it doesn't surprise me.

Please keep in mind that the Treaty of Coruscant was the focal point around which this game's timeline revolved. They are using BTC and ATC as a calendar to indicate time in-universe, as opposed to BBY and ABY, which we use on the meta-plane. I guess they could have used "during the Cold War" instead to make it even more obviously, but it would have been a bit weird if Lana had stepped in the minute the treaty was signed to stop that skirmish on Hoth from happening.

And again, it would have been refreshing to see an older female romance option. Most of the male companions are older. Why not a female one? Double-standards are such funny things.

You are obviously entitled to your opinion, but I'm personally ok with it, though I'd meet you halfway on the basis of me wanting to have another post-KOTFE female romance option that other than Lana. Right now, she's the only option when it comes to a potential lesbian romance, whereas you have three potentially gay romances with Theron, Koth and Arcann next week. Would be nice to have another woman as an option, no? And I am by no means saying that I'd want, say, Senya as a love interest. That'd be so wrong on so many levels, and her age is not even the biggest issue for me.

My canon Outlander, a Sith Inquisitor, is 27 when she hits carbonite, and Andronikos is 41. By the time she's woken up, her body hasn't aged, so theoretically she's still 27 and he's now 46. Throw a Sith Warrior in there and Quinn is 48. That wouldn't fly very well if the genders were swapped. Sad but true.

I guess we can be grateful they didn't update their character models to appear even older then?

No, I was talking about female romance companions. They're all young. Vette. Jaesa. Ashara. Mako. Etc. So it would be refreshing to see a female romance companion (Lana) be older than the player character she is romancing...as with most of the male romance companions. By Iokath, it's quite possible to have a near-twenty-some-odd year difference between a female player character and her male romance. That doesn't really happen for male player characters.

Kaliyo is 29 as the game opens. Check her Codex entry. When you meet her, Nadia Grell is supposed to be 22 or so, I believe, which makes her pretty close to the age of the player character (Consular) if you follow my headcanon of the classes' ages.

I always found that Ashara "felt" older than you suggest, but with an epic naivete.

And the reason I pursued the male companions was because you mentioned Quinn and Andronikos, who are demonstrably not female.

I always found that Ashara "felt" older than you suggest, but with an epic naivete

Mako is 19.

Ashara is 20.

Kira is 20.

Jaesa is 21.

Vette is 21.

Risha is 21.

Nadia is 22.

Temple is 24.

Elara is 26.

Akaavi is 28.

Kaliyo is 29.

All based on the SWTOR Encyclopedia. I'm assuming these ages apply to the beginning of the game, not when you actually encounter them, which for instance would make Temple at least one year older since chapter 2 is supposed to be 1 year after the prologue and chapter 1.

You are obviously entitled to your opinion, but I'm personally ok with it, though I'd meet you halfway on the basis of me wanting to have another post-KOTFE female romance option that other than Lana. Right now, she's the only option when it comes to a potential lesbian romance, whereas you have three potentially gay romances with Theron, Koth and Arcann next week. Would be nice to have another woman as an option, no? And I am by no means saying that I'd want, say, Senya as a love interest. That'd be so wrong on so many levels, and her age is not even the biggest issue for me.

I think you're misunderstanding me. I never wanted to get into the "how many" fairness debate. Yes, they should indeed include more f/f options, of course. And more m/m options. And by everything that is holy, give us girls a chance to romance a male Force user that is actually part of the story (because Arcann will likely be a paperweight after a single 2min cutscene...I'm still pulling my hair out over Scourge). Oh, and more actual flirts and one-nighters for female player characters because that's way off-balance. And might as well add poly-romance options to the wish list while we're at it. :p But that's not where I was trying to steer this conversation, as we were only talking about character ages.

All I was saying is that most of the base female romance options, other than Kaliyo and Akaavi, are pretty young, whereas most of the base male romance options, other than Torian and Corso, are older.

That's all I'm saying. It would have been refreshing for them to have made Lana older (with as much age gap as we see with some of the males)...as many people have done so in their heads.

I guess we can be grateful they didn't update their character models to appear even older then?

I would have actually preferred character model updates. I'm almost thirty-seven. A little salt n' pepper is just fine by me. Theron's model does seem to have a little bit of silvering at his temples, though it could just be me who sees it. And for the purposes of my fanfiction, aging will most certainly be a thing.

Edited by Dracofish

Kaliyo is 29 as the game opens. Check her Codex entry. When you meet her, Nadia Grell is supposed to be 22 or so, I believe, which makes her pretty close to the age of the player character (Consular) if you follow my headcanon of the classes' ages.

I always found that Ashara "felt" older than you suggest, but with an epic naivete.

And the reason I pursued the male companions was because you mentioned Quinn and Andronikos, who are demonstrably not female.

Yes, and as mentioned above, this demonstrates my conclusion that the majority of female romance options are close in age (or younger) to a male player character...whereas a good number of the male romance options are older...a couple by a lot.

Having older male romance options doesn't bother me (Andronikos is actually my favorite). It just feels like a disparity to me.

Just for funsies, here are the ages of the male romances at the start of the game - 3643 BBY

Torian - 17

Corso - 22

Vector - 26

Doc - 27

Jorgan - 30

Iresso - 30

Andronikos - 35

Quinn - 37

Edited by Dracofish