Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

!!POLL!! The reason why Empire winrate is higher than Republic is....???

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
!!POLL!! The reason why Empire winrate is higher than Republic is....???

Moosefeathers
01.25.2012 , 10:49 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Sorrowsongg View Post
Hi, no not really closed.This number is firstly old and was before many people became lvl 50. Basically this number showed that when people leveled up and had little clue about the end game PvP mechanics the winrate was fairly similair. It was also before the 50 bracket was introduced.

I would expect the winrate in the 50s bracket to differ much from this.

//Kamasuthra

You would assume, but have no proof to your assumptions, ie your opinion is worthless

Sorrowsongg
01.25.2012 , 11:39 AM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Moosefeathers View Post
You would assume, but have no proof to your assumptions, ie your opinion is worthless
Wow so much anger on these forums. Yes i do not have any hard cross server cross region data. This poll is not even about that its about trying to understand if its possible to see any pattern in demographical differences between Imp/Rep playerbase..

Sorrowsongg
01.25.2012 , 11:41 AM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by SLEUTH View Post
...the imperials compete against other imperials more than republic compete against republic as a result of population imbalance.

If imperials are playing imperials in hutball, then an imperial team wins, therefore, the imperial / republic win percentage is higher for warzones.
Im 100% sure this is not how BioWare calculates because it would be to stupid. Most likely they excluded any same faction games from their calculation.

Vauleen
01.25.2012 , 11:45 AM | #34
The answer is...

All Huttballs are Empire vs Empire!! How do you expect Repbs to win if they aren't even playing the game...

And now you know the rest of the story.

JackNimbyl
01.25.2012 , 11:51 AM | #35
I am on Mandalore the Indomitable server and Republic has been destroying us Imperials. Granted, I am mostly in pugs or a group of just me and another guy most of the time but damn. Republic is winning huttball majority of the time, Voidstar is 50/50, and I can't even remember the last time I won at Alderaan.

Sorrowsongg
01.25.2012 , 11:57 AM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by Vauleen View Post
The answer is...

All Huttballs are Empire vs Empire!! How do you expect Repbs to win if they aren't even playing the game...

And now you know the rest of the story.
AS I said before I would be extremely surpriced if thats how Bioware calculated wins per faction. It would make no sense, be utterly stupid and then Imperals should have a much higher win ratio than the officially proclamed 53%

Arellea
01.25.2012 , 12:06 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by SLEUTH View Post
...the imperials compete against other imperials more than republic compete against republic as a result of population imbalance.

If imperials are playing imperials in hutball, then an imperial team wins, therefore, the imperial / republic win percentage is higher for warzones.
This would also mean that an imperial team loses which would decrease the win rate as well. In fact, if it was calculated this way the abundance of same faction huttball would simply push the win rate closer to 50% as any same faction battle will have to have a 50% win rate and a 50% loss rate.

VictusMors
01.25.2012 , 12:06 PM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by JackNimbyl View Post
I am on Mandalore the Indomitable server and Republic has been destroying us Imperials. Granted, I am mostly in pugs or a group of just me and another guy most of the time but damn. Republic is winning huttball majority of the time, Voidstar is 50/50, and I can't even remember the last time I won at Alderaan.
Yep, same server and I will attest this to pretty much the case in PVP Warzones.

I also have some issues with the survey (which I did fill out):

I answered questions with all my characters in mind. I.E. I have a level 50 character, but I took into account ALL my toons when answering questions regarding how often I PVP and estimated win/loss %. So please when analyzing this data, just because I said I have a lvl 50 do not assume that my guess as to win % will refer to only lvl 50 PVP.

I really really wanted to choose my estimated win/loss % right at 50. It really seems that way when I think about my wins and losses, and again that applies to all brackets I play in. Unfortunately the way the answers are arranged there really is no way for me to say this.

KidMcClaren
01.25.2012 , 12:13 PM | #39
Wow, easiest pop quiz ever.

Numbers...that's it. Imps have more, they can play more against one another so they get more gear, and ilum, although the op said that didn't count. Well it still it still leads to gear discrepancies doesn't it.

Better gear=easier wins.

And before anyone hops in here and says but WZ's are only 8v8 so it's even. Haha wrong again. On my server queues pop all the time at 4v8 and 5v8. Guess who's ahead at the end of 2 minutes, how could BW think this is a good idea? And guess what, at 6v8 the WZ doesn't end.

Have I won 6v8 against imps? Of course, I mean those are nearly even odds against teamstacking baddies. And 7v8 I consider to be even. But you just can't get lucky enough to always get a 7v8 WZ.

So in response to what are the numbers probably about 40pub wins to 60imp wins, they would be worse except any Republic pre-made can faceroll anything the 99% of Imps have to offer.

Seriously to most of you Imps, don't reroll to balance the game, just quit, not interested in your free wins mentality and I honestly can't believe so many of you are either. And to people who rerolled Imp...I have no words for you, that simply blows my mind. Just go play nintendogs or some other "game".

And yes imad , this game has so much potential and it's dying on the vine from this crap.

richardya
01.25.2012 , 12:18 PM | #40
I wish there was a win % option of 50%.
Not just more than or less than 50%

Also, sample size of forum people is a skewed sample.

Great idea for the poll.
Can not wait to see how many people say they are below average.
Thank You