Advice for Karaggas Palace

Hi!

My Raid wants to try out Karaggas Palace soon, as we managed to clear EV last week for the first time.

Before patch 1.1 we tried Bonethrasher once and could not get past his enrage. Our setup was not ideal that time and we have improved our Equipment since then.

Since it went rather badly last time we tried Bonethrasher is was hoping you could give me some advice on how to take him on.

I know we have to kill the Non-Elite adds before he eats them and kill the 2 Elites when they spawn(or should they be kept in CC throughout the fight?).

Can you give me some advice on what else we need to know?

Since English is a foreign language for me, i hope you will forgive me grammatical errors ;)

Thanks in advance,

Thalric

Practice!

Once everyone gets a feel for how massive the cleave is and can spend the optimal time DPS'ing instead of running around you should be okay. Our group killed the elites that spawn at ~50%, if you're really struggling with the enrage timer they could be CC'd too but I think that'd be just as much hassle and if the CC breaks it could be potentially more painful.

Best of luck. =]

This fight is kinda confusing and chaotic overall. Here you have a big rancor that is untauntable and chase down random people. You can't get too near him because he will do this massive cleave that hit you for quite a bit. You also have to be careful as he has a chance to do a backhand swipe that will knock you into the acid below.

It is also very RNG dependent as sometimes you will get cleaved or knocked back even if you are standing pretty far away from him. I think you might have a bit easier time if you stack for ranged dps and just run away when the boss gets to you. Honestly I don't know how our melee dps do it but as a healer I stay as far away as I can and heal at max range if possible.

It seems like you got the strat down though, killing those guys with red beams before the rancor eat them for dinner (and become enraged), killing the adds asap when they spawn. Maybe you just lack the practice on the execution part.

On hardmode, it took us quite a few tries to get him. Once we got past him through, the rest of the operation wasn't too bad.

Here is our hardmode kill video if you are interested.

4 tips for Hardmode:

1) No reason to bring a tank, aside from buffs/debuffs. You're all essentially "tanks" for this fight.

2) You can CC the elite adds that spawn at 50%. The enrage isn't that hard, but this totally gimps it.

3) Position your ranged DPS (bring as many as you can to make it even easier) spread out on the edge of the circle. Your Melee and Healers can be running around the middle. Don't kite the boss - just allow the person who is targeted to walk over to the edge and eat the swipes. Ideally, no one else should take damage from a swipe, except for the 1 person who is targeted. Make sure not to stand so close to the edge that his forward knockback blows you into the acid.

4) If you or your raid leader desires, there's a keybind that shows target of target. It's inconvenient for dps'ers, but might be helpful for Intervene, HoT's, Shields, and just to know who to get the hell away from.

From there, it's just practice. GL!

Edited by allancue

Also a good tip is, to have one Person that inform the Healers via TS who will be the Next Target of the Rancor. And yeah, don´t run away and spread out over the whole Platform. In Normal Mode i think you can simple CC the Adds, on Nightmare this wont work.

In our Nightmare Kill, i as a tank in DPS Gear called out who will be targeted next and after that our Healers can manage to keep the Person alive with pre Shielding, bring them to 100% etc....

If you make the fight not so confusing, it is a simple DPS Race. Also Everone who is targeted should raise their Defense Cooldowns to help the Healers.

Also a good tip is, to have one Person that inform the Healers via TS who will be the Next Target of the Rancor. And yeah, don´t run away and spread out over the whole Platform. In Normal Mode i think you can simple CC the Adds, on Nightmare this wont work.

In our Nightmare Kill, i as a tank in DPS Gear called out who will be targeted next and after that our Healers can manage to keep the Person alive with pre Shielding, bring them to 100% etc....

If you make the fight not so confusing, it is a simple DPS Race. Also Everone who is targeted should raise their Defense Cooldowns to help the Healers.

u can cc the adds in all difficulty modes... at least in 8man

u can cc the adds in all difficulty modes... at least in 8man

Nope, 16 Man Nightmare they have CC Immunity. Also the 4 Cats at the Start are not CCable on 16 man Nightmare. If they are CCable on 8 man Nightmare...... then this is also a new Provement that 8 man is to easy.

Thanks for the input so far, I think that will help us a lot.

Where do i find the Keybind for Target of Target? That should help our healers to keep the target of Bonethrasher alive.

Oh wait i have the German Client, in English it should be under Targeting or so..... But remember, it´s not a Target of Target frame it´s only a Shortcut to get the Targets Target in Target. But helped us alot.

Oh wait i have the German Client, in English it should be under Targeting or so..... But remember, it´s not a Target of Target frame it´s only a Shortcut to get the Targets Target in Target. But helped us alot.

Thanks!

Hi!

My Raid wants to try out Karaggas Palace soon, as we managed to clear EV last week for the first time.

Before patch 1.1 we tried Bonethrasher once and could not get past his enrage. Our setup was not ideal that time and we have improved our Equipment since then.

Since it went rather badly last time we tried Bonethrasher is was hoping you could give me some advice on how to take him on.

I know we have to kill the Non-Elite adds before he eats them and kill the 2 Elites when they spawn(or should they be kept in CC throughout the fight?).

Can you give me some advice on what else we need to know?

Since English is a foreign language for me, i hope you will forgive me grammatical errors ;)

Thanks in advance,

Thalric

The fight is definitely exciting at first, and its this excitement of everyone running around non stop trying to avoid cleaves rather then DPS the boss

keep people calm and focused, and NOT RUNNING when they don't need to be.