something is seriously wrong

LeeLoou

I just put a new HD in my pc but the game was downloaded to my SSD, when I got my pc back up and running I tried to play the game but it wouldnt talk to the SSD. I ended up downloading the game to my HD and got logged in. Today I tried to log in and as soon as i hit play the screen goes to the lowest resolution setting and the game is condensed down to a little black box in the left quarter of the screen that just flashes every few seconds like its trying to load. any ideas on whats wrong?

Without actually being hands-on with your computer, it sounds as though the device letters of the drives may have been changed - say, if the SSD was C: and the HDD was D:, but now the HDD is C: and the SSD is D: (or w/e)

Possibly, as a result, the Launcher can't find the proper .ini files for the game.

You could try using File Explorer to navigate to the SWTOR installation on the SSD. In there find "Launcher.exe" and try to run it. If that works, then right-click on Launcher and select Send To - Desktop (create shortcut) and use this new shortcut to launch the game.

Also make sure you are running SWTOR "as Administrator" to avoid any permissions issues.

Did you install your OS and all the appropriate drivers for every device (included any possible SSD drivers) that needs one?

In some cases, if you simply clone the hard logical drive to a newer one (HDD AND SSD Alike), the system may see this as "inappropriate", or may have trouble identifying the installation logs with the revised hardware setup.

Another thing, if you have an on-board/in-CPU graphics chip AND a dedicated graphics card, is that, during the drive addition process, the specifics on which GPU handles what has been mixed up? Based on how it behaves visual-wise, this would also be a possible culprit.

But, as above been said, these are all hypothesies, without hands-on knowledge of any hardware/system changes that went through during the drive adding

I just put a new HD in my pc but the game was downloaded to my SSD, when I got my pc back up and running I tried to play the game but it wouldnt talk to the SSD. I ended up downloading the game to my HD and got logged in. Today I tried to log in and as soon as i hit play the screen goes to the lowest resolution setting and the game is condensed down to a little black box in the left quarter of the screen that just flashes every few seconds like its trying to load. any ideas on whats wrong?

Did you install the new HD under the C: Drive instead of D: Drive or what ever letter name its called on yours? If both Drives are sata you may have plugged them in wrong so the system is seeing them the opposite now and that could cause your issue the rig SSD isnt seeing the Launch.ini file. But then again it could be a few other issue too.

OK, here is an update. I guess I should have checked first but the game was running last week after I installed the new HD. I tried several times to get the game to launch but it wouldnt and I dont remember what i did but it started downloading a bunch of files, I mean overnite and half the next day, so i thought it downloaded the game to my HD. I just checked and I dont have any EA files on my new C drive, they are all still on my SSD drive so it must have downloaded some new update. I was playing the game just 4 days ago and havent made any changes since I last logged off. The only problem still existing from the HD change is I cant find a driver for a SM bus controller, and sometimes when I try to run a program I get an error message about "stub data" and the program wont open but if I close the error box and try again it opens fine. I ran the repair on the launcher but that didnt fix it. I am just worried that the HD wasnt the original problem and i still have a pc issue, even tho its no longer crashing every other day. I am really baffled by this one.

Thanks for trying, I just solved the problem and cancelled my subscription. I shouldnt have to rely on a player forum to get tech support for a game I pay a subscription for. I could call the hotline, but really dont feel like waiting on hold for an hour just to get someone that speaks broken english and knows less about computers than i do.

. I shouldnt have to rely on a player forum to get tech support for a game I pay a subscription for. .

You shouldn't expect a game's tech support to solve problems with your personal computer. That's like expecting Toyota to know why your car won't fit in your garage. :)