Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Side Strats Suck


Banderal's Avatar


Banderal
09.16.2018 , 08:30 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Qun-VonS View Post
Come on now you should know the whole team rushes snow and its an insta win xD
No way! Snow is the hardest node to keep. Because it's the coldest.
Ingracious, TheMightyQuinn, Rockin Robin - SS
Slippery When'wet - SF

Totemdancer's Avatar


Totemdancer
09.16.2018 , 07:18 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Banderal View Post
No way! Snow is the hardest node to keep. Because it's the coldest.
Unless my hot bod is there and then itís the hottest

Banderal's Avatar


Banderal
09.17.2018 , 10:17 AM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by Totemdancer View Post
Unless my hot bod is there and then itís the hottest
Then they'll be two "grass" sides, and we get into the whole "people should call east/west, left/right, up/down" argument again! Just can't win.
Ingracious, TheMightyQuinn, Rockin Robin - SS
Slippery When'wet - SF

AndriusAjax's Avatar


AndriusAjax
09.17.2018 , 11:09 AM | #34
I think its tough to ever argue that one size fits all. Pvp is dynamic, and unlike pve, there isnt a mathematically-proven BIS approach to any one wz. Someone else mentioned it, and I agree that you have to get a feel for the wz. But if the argument is how to approach starting a wz...

I feel like sending at least 1 stealther to their node is important. In CW that delay could be the difference in a tie breaker. So, for me, I feel like its pretty important to disrupt their "gimme" cap. I can usually 1v1 who ever is over there, and if not, I can at least warrant another opponent to come help out. If capping or continuing to prevent seems futile, I'll leave and go back to mid/south. I would say the amount of nodes I claim doing that is more than I lose leaving mid/south 1 man short.

As for selling out on the sides, and sending no one mid. No. I disagree with that strategy. Youre essentially giving them mid and hoping they dont react fast enough to the sides to prevent your caps. Basically trading the contested mid fight for a contested side fight - bad trade imo.

Now I dont mind sending a healer and tank to mid and 3/3 to the sides. Its a pretty good strat with the right healer/tank.

But again, no one size fits all in wzs. Thats the fun.
| O N D R | scoundrel | O F F D R | operative
Huttball All-Star

MackPol's Avatar


MackPol
09.17.2018 , 12:22 PM | #35
Plot twist. There is no point going mid in hypegate.

AndriusAjax's Avatar


AndriusAjax
09.17.2018 , 01:30 PM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by MackPol View Post
Plot twist. There is no point going mid in hypegate.
Is there a node at mid? Besides directional coordinates, AHG doesn't really compare to NC and CW (and the reskined CW). So I'm not sure the same argument can be applied from the tri-node based wzs to AHG.

But I do agree, all going to sides on AHG is a good strategy.
| O N D R | scoundrel | O F F D R | operative
Huttball All-Star

Totemdancer's Avatar


Totemdancer
09.17.2018 , 06:29 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by MackPol View Post
Plot twist. There is no point going mid in hypegate.
Thatís changed a little since snaves video. You now get more points running orbs.
Unless you can guarantee to stop them capping it, then you do need to go mid to get some orbs.

Aeneas_Falco's Avatar


Aeneas_Falco
09.18.2018 , 08:53 AM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by Totemdancer View Post
It would be good if there was some easy way to visually identify who had high Valor rankings. Maybe then they would listen to more experienced players.
The current titles are pointless because people donít know what they mean.
While I wish valor levels were more visible, the issue I could see with that is that the person with 0 valor might be a guy or girl who has the I Am Death Incarnate achievement and is a Ranked star, but just happens to be playing a new alt. Maybe Valor level should be a legacy thing.

Also...there are some people with high valor that just have been playing for a long time and haven't found a clue in all those years. I once got into an argument of sorts with someone with maxed out valor ( who was also the Ops leader) who was telling people to run orbs in Hypergate instead of reinforcing a delay when the score was something like 500 - 350 and the other team was ahead.

Totemdancer's Avatar


Totemdancer
09.18.2018 , 08:58 AM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by Aeneas_Falco View Post
While I wish valor levels were more visible, the issue I could see with that is that the person with 0 valor might be a guy or girl who has the I Am Death Incarnate achievement and is a Ranked star, but just happens to be playing a new alt. Maybe Valor level should be a legacy thing.

Also...there are some people with high valor that just have been playing for a long time and haven't found a clue in all those years. I once got into an argument of sorts with someone with maxed out valor ( who was also the Ops leader) who was telling people to run orbs in Hypergate instead of reinforcing a delay when the score was something like 500 - 350 and the other team was ahead.
I think Valor should be a legacy stat to make it work.