Imaginary raid leaders

anwg

Heaven forbid someone try to give constructive ideas during a PuG? Now, if you got to snow immediately after the call and it was overrun by 5 guys then you could question this person's leadership skills, otherwise what's your point?

The person trying to give ideas doesn't know what everyone is doing, but you know, if you happen to not be doing anything - or if the team is mopping up at mid and can spare you - you can probably spare yourself to go snow. If you are the sole healer at mid and you are the reason they are mopping up without dying then don't go, but you could give some additional direction to that idea since you know who isn't needed there at the moment. "A, C, you two go snow, we can hold it down here," is a great follow-up and is great communication amongst PuGs.

Sadly, people would rather QQ about someone trying to lead them than actually assist. Because everyone wants to be a special snowflake that does their own thing - and then whines because they can never win a match.

When I suggest people check snow it's always because they are overrunning the other node and that means snow is probably left unguarded. I'm sorry that I probably just got killed going grass in order to discover snow was likely unguarded, so I don't know what everyone else is doing and therefore can't give specific names for who should go, but I will give a suggestion (and if I have time on the speeder ride back in, I'll even add, 'grass is overrun so snow is probably empty, two go check it and try to cap', but there isn't always time for extra words in a WZ and I may not have died just yet so me holding on to life just a little longer over there could give you a chance to cap snow if you actually listened).

Yeah. Anyone. From somewhere other than snow. Anyone that is not at snow.

You mean anyone other than the guy telling someone else to go to snow?

You know , the guy that recognizes no one else is at snow, but has the time to tell someone else to go, instead of going himself.

If you need help at snow, thats different.

But just saying "someone go snow so I can freely farm kills" is another thing.

You know , the guy that recognizes no one else is at snow, but has the time to tell someone else to go, instead of going himself.

If the guy is respawning or on node guard elsewhere, he should just run snow? Riiiiight.

I agree that being specific helps... BUT you gotta think what if those PUGS don't listen and loose us the game? Being more general gives the entire team the opportunity to take initiative. The only drawback I consistently run into is that the team would overcompensate for an inc or call to attack.

PUG Life lol

I agree that being specific helps... BUT you gotta think what if those PUGS don't listen and loose us the game? Being more general gives the entire team the opportunity to take initiative. The only drawback I consistently run into is that the team would overcompensate for an inc or call to attack.

PUG Life lol

"send 2 to snow" will eventually mean everyone end up at snow, that's just human nature.

PUG Life lol

Yeah, today I was in a ACW match. We were winning as we had both mid & East. The guy at East called 1 Inc, and literally 5 people went.

Edited by Chlomamf

What's not to get? I don't know about others but if I were to post that in Ops chat I've first evaluated the situation. It could be a scenario where we have mid and snow and all of a sudden there's only two of us against 6 of them at snow. I know people in this game have a hard time with math but it basically means that there are a maximum of 2 enemies at mid, plausibly less since they probably have them at grass. Asking for an exact number is better than just saying inc because inc will in 90 % of the cases result in that everyone leaves mid (I've lost track of the amount of games where that has happened).

As for other commands, one thing that really has become a pet peeve of mine is when people suggest that no one goes mid at the start of CW. That is a stupid suggestion and you better have looked at the roster before suggesting it. It only works when you know that you have really good players who actually can take both sides, which rarely happens in pugs. The outcome will in 99 % of the cases be that you're giving away mid. It's not even always optimal when you do get both sides because depending on what classes you have it might be in your favor to have mid. As a sorc/sage I'm always going to vote for mid, on behalf of it being ten times easier to survive there if my team doesnt have the same power AC'es as the other team (which you pretty much statistically can say even before you've seen the other team. Like, if you only have one mara or PT thery're probably going to have more).

When it comes to me handing out commands, I would love to do so more but it's usually not greeted well. People will instantly get pissed and call you a try-hard or something along those lines. I would like to be able to, at the start of the game, say "X and Y goes snow and the rest....". It would be way better than possibly having our best dps'es stuck on guard duty while the 14K operatives are zerging. I rather have the undergeared stealthy on guard duty because even if they die fast they'll have time to call out inc and delay a little. They will be of no use zerging.

This is where I miss playing on a compettive team. I used to be on one in another game and everyone knew exactly where to go and what to do. I hate this random crap in normal warzones and will probably not endure it much longer.

Send 2 to Snow? Do I look like I give a rats @ss? Take snow and shove it where the sun don't shine! And stay out of my ops chat you pub loving SOB!!!! I am busy in a 4 on 1 somewhere between nodes...leave me alone!!

That is how I usually reply when someone offers a suggestion.

Edited by DarthBloodloss

Send 2 to Snow? Do I look like I give a rats @ss? Take snow and shove it where the sun don't shine! And stay out of my ops chat you pub loving SOB!!!! I am busy in a 4 on 1 somewhere between nodes...leave me alone!!

That is how I usually reply when someone offers a suggestion.

That seem to come rather randomly.. heh :cool:

Heaven forbid someone try to give constructive ideas during a PuG? Now, if you got to snow immediately after the call and it was overrun by 5 guys then you could question this person's leadership skills, otherwise what's your point?

The point is the "send 2 to snow" guy is talking to his imaginary raid leader.

lol

have you actually tried giving people specific tasks to do? like using their name in chat?

9/10 times you will get a hostile response along the lines of "dont tell me how to play", and the other 1/10 of the time you wont get any response and they will ignore you

The point is the "send 2 to snow" guy is talking to his imaginary raid leader.

Um, doesn't look that way to me. Looks more like he was saying that the group needed to send two to snow, as in, work it out amongst yourselves who goes, but get two to snow right now.

Methinks I smell a bad who wants to be a special snowflake and never do anything someone suggests in a WZ.

People like you drive me mad during a WZ. I will take the lead if I see an opening that needs taken advantage of. It's the people like you who start yelling 'shut up! Who put you in charge? Stop telling us what to do!" and then QQ that they never win anything.

You remind me of this girl the other day that, upon me yelling that someone needed to go guard the pylon, she told me to shut up and do it myself. I was a sage healer so that was a retarded idea to start with, but I was also the only healer and keeping everyone up at mid (end of the game we had 3 deaths on the team, total, I did my job well). We got double capped because the only people willing to listen were deep in mid (slows abound in mid so we were all walking like we needed walkers) and couldn't get there in 6 seconds. The girl yelling at me to do it myself was one of two who abandoned the pylon, but refused to go back to it despite that it would only take her a few seconds to do so.

We lost because of that double cap.

At the end of the match I only managed to pull 3 medals (271k healing with almost no damage done only nets you 3 medals, sad but true) and she went off how I needed to stop giving orders until I learned to play (and proceeded to criticize my DPS being under 20k. When I pointed out I was the healer she said HER healer pulls all kinds of medals and blahblahblah then put me on ignore).

You're one of those people, aren't you?

Edited by Prettyevilish

Certain classes are better at node guarding or going to off node. I'm not going to the damn off node at the start when I'm on my healer, but I will tell others to go there.

And specifically calling out people to go to a node doesn't usually work. Because 99% of the time, the two people you pick will not listen, and worst case they will say things like "**** don't tell me what to do". That is why it is better to simply just say "2 go left".

Edited by Smashbrother

*Points to bottom right corner of screen*

*Sings Dora the Explorer Song*

I'm the map, I'm the map, I'm the map, I'm the map

I'm the map, I'm the map, I'm the map, I'm the map

I'M THE MAP!!!

LMAO :rolleyes::rolleyes:

great now that will be two songs running threw my heard during pvp now. :eek: