Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Keith, please consider changing gold tier back to 1650

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Keith, please consider changing gold tier back to 1650

Going
08.04.2017 , 02:58 PM | #1
I understand that data plays a huge part in this change of tiers, but could you have waited to change this for the next seasons? It's really a odd choice to wait until a few weeks before the end of season 8 to let us know that you changed the tiers.

When ranked began, the team emphasized on shorter seasons, and letting us know the rewards right at the time of the season starting. Did you guys make this decision based on the fact that the season 8 lasted really long? I'm really happy with the rewards this season, and I appreciate the content being offered. It is a night and day difference from season 7 (besides the mount basically being a reskin and basically the same model).

Thank you guys and I really hope you consider this. Maybe I'm alone here, but I really think when you make big changes like this, you should wait until the next season to implement them. Not a few weeks until the end of the season.
Not Null
Godlovesugly
Fahc

oli-fynnobi
08.04.2017 , 03:04 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Going View Post
I understand that data plays a huge part in this change of tiers, but could you have waited to change this for the next seasons? It's really a odd choice to wait until a few weeks before the end of season 8 to let us know that you changed the tiers.

When ranked began, the team emphasized on shorter seasons, and letting us know the rewards right at the time of the season starting. Did you guys make this decision based on the fact that the season 8 lasted really long? I'm really happy with the rewards this season, and I appreciate the content being offered. It is a night and day difference from season 7 (besides the mount basically being a reskin and basically the same model). Thank you guys and I really hope you consider this. Maybe I'm alone here, but I really think when you make big changes like this, you should wait until the next season to implement them. Not a few weeks until the end of the season.
/singed
trying to play jugg in 6.0 ~ Navush
http://www.swtor.com/r/gVQY6L

Going
08.04.2017 , 03:15 PM | #3
Honestly with the amount of variables that go into gaining/losing rating, it's really hard for some people to climb at all. For people who play ranked a lot or have a lot, you should know what I'm talking about, so I won't go into detail.

At least show us some transparency on the matter please.
Not Null
Godlovesugly
Fahc

Bobby_McDonald
08.04.2017 , 03:32 PM | #4
/signed. Everyone I know was sure that a character of 1700 rating would be gold tier. Developers seem to be disconnected to playerbase here again.

Going
08.04.2017 , 03:34 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Bobby_McDonald View Post
/signed. Everyone I know was sure that a character of 1700 rating would be gold tier. Developers seem to be disconnected to playerbase here again.
Even 1700 would be a good rollback. 1750 Is a big step in my opinion
Not Null
Godlovesugly
Fahc

BtKiSuPaNoOb
08.04.2017 , 03:42 PM | #6
People who are atleast 1700+ are most likely wintraders, like legit- the average player who is actually any good grinds to 1650 and starts on a new character, people above that in my opinion are Wintrading or Queue Syncing

Bobby_McDonald
08.04.2017 , 03:52 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by BtKiSuPaNoOb View Post
People who are atleast 1700+ are most likely wintraders, like legit- the average player who is actually any good grinds to 1650 and starts on a new character, people above that in my opinion are Wintrading or Queue Syncing
I grinded my chars to 1700 and then started a new char. But I got two chars two 2000+. I know many people with 2000+ who get it without wintrading. Its easy when you play tank, healer or op-classes like mercs or sniper and ofc if you are a good player. Naah easy is the wrong word, lets say it is doable but requires a lot of grinding.

Still I think 1750 is to high for gold tier because it is unexpected. If they had announced from the beginning that 2000 was required for gold I would be fine. But this way everyone expected the tier to start at something between 1625 and 1700.

oli-fynnobi
08.04.2017 , 03:55 PM | #8
Poor PT DPS, Jugg DPS and Sorc DPS Mains
trying to play jugg in 6.0 ~ Navush
http://www.swtor.com/r/gVQY6L

supertimtaf
08.04.2017 , 03:56 PM | #9
Well, I personnaly don't care about changing back ratings or else, but I'd like to have an explanation on why this sudden / last minute / really big change.
From my point of view, there hasn't been really more people who played ranked this season. The only thing that really kept solo ranked going was some people going in to farm components while being afk. This attitude doesn't allow people to get really high ratings. I've seen less people with 1700+ rating this season than any other season, so I was wondering why these changes that are so sudden ?

From what I understand, devs want to make Ranked play more appealing, which isn't exactly the case for now. The rating changes would have been ok with the 5.4 update with more ranked tokens and components.
As for now, they just seem out of touch.

These ratings were what I was expecting for S9 or 10, since you devs wanted more people to play Ranked for these seasons. As for now, ranked isn't really played anymore and these changes are... not really ok with the current state of ranked imo. ^^

Besides, I doubt that you can achieve these rating in three weeks... :/
Eliadil - Deception Assassin Leviathan

All-Galaxy Worst Player Ever, sincerely yours.
Feel free to use my referal link if you liked my help ! Free stuff for you and me !

kissingaiur
08.04.2017 , 04:11 PM | #10
Their rating tiers was always based on the rating curve of players. More players this season got higher ratings (broken mercs lol) so the cap to t1 is higher. Other seasons when there was less players and less overall ratings they lowered it.
Hothothothothothotho
"I need you all to know that Iíve transcended ranked pvp by reading about it on the forums"
5.6 PvP Operative Healing / twitch.tv/kissingaiur