Developer Update: Quesh Huttball Pit

CourtneyWoods

Honest question here (I didn't play the map on the PTS): Can't you stealth your way up and use knockback on the sniper to force him down ? Entrench is not up 100% of the time, just push and watch him gets eaten by the melee in the middle.

Also, you can jump from the pit up towards that pipe as a mando/merc and do knockback as you get to the top of your jump - watch them go flying into the air. It's a 360 knockback, but think spherical, not just a 2d plane. I've knocked poor bastards 35 meters up into the air off the top catwalk in HB and watched them take massive fall damage because they landed in the pit below LoL :)

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are several things wrong in your post.

First off the 2 HB mids can't be compared. I can't camp the spawn from mid in the Nar Shadda HB map like I can in Quesh. To stop the ball carrier form scoring in Nar Shadda I have to move. In Quesh I can sit on top of that pipe all day and stop people form scoring or just farm damage. It's also extremely easy to score from there.

There is also only one way to get to the sniper/sorc/merc, a long uncovered walk down a skinny pipe. It's very simple to knock people off, stun/root and burn them down. There are several paths someone can take in Nar Shadda to get to any point on the map, as well as being randomly dropped there by the air ducts.

The reward v risk is skewed greatly in to reward territory in Quesh. There is literally no reason for a ranged class to be anywhere but that pipe. You're in perfect position for a pass, you at no point lose LoS or range on the ball carrier as they walk up the ramp, you can camp the spawn, you have easy access to a health pot and you're hard to get to. The risk is... nothing. The only thing that can hurt you up there is other ranged, who are standing possibly in the middle of your melee so I'd rather be up there than down in the scrum with the PT's, Mara'a and Sin's. In Nar Shadda the catwalks are great but not perfect. You can be LoS'ed, people can get out of range especially the ball carrier if you are on your side, you have to keep moving to keep up with the ball and you are in a prime spot to get pulled/pushed into the fire traps. These risks don't exist on the Quesh map.

Snipers can't even be leaped to or pulled down. On my Merc if I saw a VG I popped HO and laughed as he wasted his pull or netted a leaper and blew them up. It took concentrated effort from at least 2 players to get me off of there, as a Merc, Snipers will be even harder to get down once you throw in Entrench, new Evasion and the standard cover mechanic. To me that is making it to easy of a decision whether or not to go up there.

Something needs to be added at the least to the area by the acid traps for LoS because as of now it's way to simple for ranged to get on that pipe and never come down, with little to no risk involved. It's not even a 10 second walk to the goal form there. It's not even hard to get on. You can walk right out of the spawn on to it.

We also need take into consideration there's always a possibility of one team having ranged whilst the other has none at all. The team with rdps is obviously going to have a considerable advantage and could potentially keep the other team locked down in their spawn pit.

Basically, no rdps on your team, quitting the WZ would save one from a massive headache.

So they're removing concealment's knockdown so they can't knock snipers off the pipe? It all makes sense now.

Yep, snipers are the favoured class.

They get to function as a hard counter while not having a hard counter for them.

My only concern for this new warzone is the spawn area. It feels cramped and a camera scaled out any significant distance encounters a lot of sight line issues. Also, the shield animation is a bit lame. Please consider taking the team sign off of the door so we can actually, you know... see.

Live - 2.7.1: Back to everything being an equal chance to pop. In this case, Original Huttball and the new Quesh Huttball Pit will share the "Huttball" chance in the Queue, much like Arenas do on live now. So you aren't going to get twice as much Huttball, just when a Huttball map comes up it will be one of the two.

Why? We wanted more Huttball, not the same amount just with different layout...

If someone doesn't like the new huttball, but loves the old one, he will see half as many after 2.7. Which sucks, 17% chance for huttball vs 28% is not a big deal anyway. IMO they shouldn't share the queue.

Why? We wanted more Huttball, not the same amount just with different layout...

Half the community likes it, half the community hates it. I happen to like it, but I guarantee that you don't speak on behalf of the community. You liking it ≠ the community liking it. You aren't the community, you're part of the community.

Half the community likes it, half the community hates it. I happen to like it, but I guarantee that you don't speak on behalf of the community. You liking it ≠ the community liking it. You aren't the community, you're part of the community.

Who hates it can quit the match, who likes it can't magically make it pop twice as much.

Edited by cs_zoltan

Who hates it can quit the match, who likes it can't magically make it pop twice as much.
What a strat. :rolleyes:

I'm pretty much down for Quesh Huttball to be the WZ all the time in the queue, at least for the first couple weeks after 2.7.

Ouch, no. Quesh huttball drops with 2.7. Gear tiers up in 2.7, which means massive warzone farming. I guarantee you the majority of PvPers do not want to spend all of their time farming the new gear in the exact same place (though it is already one of my favorites, I must admit).

How could it have taken twelve parsecs when parsecs is a measurement of distance and not time?

The way I figure it is that the distance is realative to how close you can be to the center of a black hole. Since it takes more speed to escape one the closer you are. Converting that into hyperdrive ratings you have a 0.5 rating which is the one of the fastest drives available even through black market tech.

Why can't they make it so that the "traps" are randomized to prevent preset scoring paths. Better yet create a couple of traps that are interactive to the player so that we can activate a trap at our discretion, or disable one for that matter.

• Dev Post
The arena looks fun, but it seems more like a cluster**** for a 4v4. Why not bring this in for 8v8?

Good news Damsyl! The new Quesh Huttball Pit is a Warzone and not a Warzone Arena! It is a full 8v8 just like the original Huttball! Now get in there and go berserk!

Good news Damsyl! The new Quesh Huttball Pit is a Warzone and not a Warzone Arena! It is a full 8v8 just like the original Huttball! Now get in there and go berserk!

It's both, there appears to be a 4v4 and an 8v8 mode, though both are still focused on the Huttball (4v4 doesn't turn it into a Team Deathmatch, though this place would work perfectly for it).

Edited by idnewton