2.7 HM CZ-198 Corporate Labs CZ-2X Infiltrator Droids

Last night I ran HM Corp Labs for the first time since 2.7 launched with a group that should have beat CZ-8X Eradicator Droid with no trouble (well geared BH healer, well geared mara, decently geared Sin tank, decently geared Op dps. Note the healer and tank have run this several times and never had a problem until after 2.7). Instead we wiped time after time when the Infiltrator droid adds spawned and instantly aggro'ed.

Was the intent to make that boss fight nearly impossible now? It seems like without 2 well geared ranged dps to take out adds and a well geared tank there is no way to keep the healer from getting slaughtered by the adds.

Am I the only one seeing this? I'm open to suggestions but I don't see how a straight forward boss fight turned into a wipe fest.

Just had my first run on czerka labs HM (filling in as dps, on the droid boss... I didn't ask)

The damage seems just a bit over the top for the new range, and the fact that the adds can spawn anywhere. We downed it on first try but all were way overgeared except the healer, who came *very* close to death.

I think the initial burst damage is a bit high for the intended gear level. Maybe have the damage start lower and ramp up through debuffs / self buffs / a dot ?

Edited by Loc_n_lol

Those adds always hit that hard, they used to be bugged and not attack til you were standing right on top of them.

All they did was fix i to its original form, How it was at launch. Have dps each take 1 and burn it quick if the tank tunts all of them he better be ready to use defenses.

Personally its not harder at all to tank or heal, it sounds like a learn to play issue, just because you overgear something doesn't mean you should skip mechanics.

Obv 55 HM's should be tuned for tionese...

So I would like to see the TOP dps'ers of Star wars put on (full) lvl 66 (rating 156) gear (the stuff you get from Oricon first pass) and post a video of them clearing Meltdown or Labs in that gear only, ...no 69, no 72 and NO 78 gear..only 66.

If I can see that I will worship you all as the gamer gods that you truly are.....

At what point did I say I was skipping anything? I've successfully healed this HM fight with the same tank in PuGs, 2.7 comes out and it's a wipe fest. I've successfully healed 8 & 16 man SM TFB and SM DF (one time with only 13 people on the last boss). I'm fairly sure I know how to heal. Should I expect a HM FP to be more difficult than a 16 man SM operation?

So I would like to see the TOP dps'ers of Star wars put on (full) lvl 66 (rating 156) gear (the stuff you get from Oricon first pass) and post a video of them clearing Meltdown or Labs in that gear only, ...no 69, no 72 and NO 78 gear..only 66.

If I can see that I will worship you all as the gamer gods that you truly are.....

I mean no one is saying they are a "god", but clearing it in 66s would not be hard...at all. The dps check is probably something like 2200 dps which is not much. Plus considering most were running S&V + TFB hm when they first came out in 2.0 with 63s I don't see how doing hm fps in 66's would be an achievement.

this thread, brought to you by the same pedigree that got HM LI nerfed to crap..

learn your class, if your in 66 gear, get set bonus from campaign gear, and switch your enhancements to the high power 66 variants (get rid of those high endurance enhancements )..throw some artifact lvl implants/earpieces and you will be golden for these hm's.. full 66 gear will get you through these fp's with a nice challenge to boot, instead of faceroll..

1 or 2 weeks of these fp's you should be decked out in mostly 69's..and join in on some classic ops, tfb/s&v sm runs.. people running those are mostly overgeared and carrying people is not an issue..

But tbh , if you want faceroll fp's, bioware made tactical's for peeps like you...

Otherwise just uncheck czerka fp's..but please stop complaining, and figure out a way to beat the fp..

Edited by Scyphon_

I mean no one is saying they are a "god", but clearing it in 66s would not be hard...at all. The dps check is probably something like 2200 dps which is not much. Plus considering most were running S&V + TFB hm when they first came out in 2.0 with 63s I don't see how doing hm fps in 66's would be an achievement.

You do realize 2200 dps check is probably on par with HM SnV and TfB, right?

The adds matter now. You kill them ASAP.

Keep an eye on your minimap, as soon as you see more than one red dot, hit <TAB> and start with the AoEs.

This is still very do-able in 66/69 gear, you just have to be a bit more situationally aware.

Heaven forbid, eh?

Most adds in the game are intended to be killed when they spawn. This is pretty standard mechanics.

Actually happy they fix the adds aggro. I used to get annoyed that some pug try to ignore the adds but then have trouble avoiding them towards the end and lead to problem.

The boss shield is up when the adds spawn. So not much dps is lost if you switch to the adds.

Every class has stun as well as an attack ability that knocks down weak adds. The adds won't be able to deal damage if the dps do it right.

Missile Blast FTW!!!

Edited by Banegio

I actually have done both FP's on one of my tanks with the rest of the group being NEW players (I checked their achievements - almost empty) in blue 66 gear. It was FUN, hard, challenging, took forever to kill bosses, healer was running out of resources and I needed to use cooldowns, adrenal, medpack, drop aggro then taunt back when healed, all the tricks that tank can do. I would be more then happy to do it again like that - if only those bosses had at least half less health. It takes bloody AGES to kill them, especially droid boss I am getting tired at halfway point!

this thread, brought to you by the same pedigree that got HM LI nerfed to crap..

learn your class, if your in 66 gear, get set bonus from campaign gear, and switch your enhancements to the high power 66 variants (get rid of those high endurance enhancements )..throw some artifact lvl implants/earpieces and you will be golden for these hm's.. full 66 gear will get you through these fp's with a nice challenge to boot, instead of faceroll..

1 or 2 weeks of these fp's you should be decked out in mostly 69's..and join in on some classic ops, tfb/s&v sm runs.. people running those are mostly overgeared and carrying people is not an issue..

But tbh , if you want faceroll fp's, bioware made tactical's for peeps like you...

Otherwise just uncheck czerka fp's..but please stop complaining, and figure out a way to beat the fp..

Oh look at this piece of advice, get a campaign set bonus and keep wiping for weeks till you're mostly 69's...Do you even see the original point which is that for some facked up reason damage in this fp was buffed so much in 2.7 that even the first boss is hardly doable with a regular pug group while it used to be no problem. These fps are already boring as such, now you don't even know if this pug group that finder put you in will make it past the 1st boss. This is such BS and totally uncalled for.

well top dps'ers arent top only because of gear theres a skill involved in that knowing fight mechaniks too... and well cz hm fp arent swtors bigest dps check by far... And ofcourse theres a thing where they erned all that gear. I have problems clearing nim draxxus but I have 0 intention to ask BW to nerf it. You learn you get better gear and finaly you clear it getting that nice fealing of accomplishment

I have problems clearing nim draxxus but I have 0 intention to ask BW to nerf it.

Yeah yeah except for the fact that nim modes aren't meant for everyone, even though anyone is welcome to try, while a freaking daily fp IS actually meant for pretty much everyone. Or used to be because the czerka part of the daily fp bunch surely isn't meant for an average pug group anymore (doesn't mean at all the group doesn't know what to do but it seems ppl need to be at least full underworld gear to beat bosses in cz fp's....what kind of bright logic is this bosses buff based on....)

Personally I enjoy the challenge, as a healer it makes it way more of a challenge. As a tank I dont see much difference. Im sure as a dps you need to be on the ball a lot more. As a player right now Im getting pissed off at all the pugs who see it as a something they dont want to try and learn and leave group. Makes it hard to finish my dailies. Edited by Gobgrot

originally when the fp came out, the adds were not bugged and ran to the person who had agrod. But for the last 6-8 months, it has been bugged making the fight stupid easy.

Just kill the adds when they spawn and swap back to the boss, no big deal really.

However... for consistency sake... that certain fights enrage timer should either be bumped up a bit, or the adds nerfed slightly. The adds hit harder than the boss.

Yeah yeah except for the fact that nim modes aren't meant for everyone, even though anyone is welcome to try, while a freaking daily fp IS actually meant for pretty much everyone. Or used to be because the czerka part of the daily fp bunch surely isn't meant for an average pug group anymore (doesn't mean at all the group doesn't know what to do but it seems ppl need to be at least full underworld gear to beat bosses in cz fp's....what kind of bright logic is this bosses buff based on....)

well sm is ment for everyone hard mode means it harder. In times when LI was hard there were groups who cleared it in tionese it was ment for columi. Whats the problem on that boss for you? Dps dont kill adds and they kill your healer or dps stand in watter and it kills them?

Edited by Duniss

well sm is ment for everyone hard mode means it harder. In times when LI was hard there were groups who cleared it in tionese it was ment for columi. Whats the problem on that boss for you? Dps dont kill adds and they kill your healer or dps stand in watter and it kills them?

Becouse adds deals damage far larger than boss. Thats a way of so called "balance".

Personally, i have nothing wrong with new "old" range. But damage should be seriosly tuned down.

Becouse those guys can down healer (they always after healer) in a few shots and tank even cannot react in time, becouse he must control boss and watch for charging plates stage. DPS also cannot do anything, becouse adds will shoot at healer first in ANY case.

So, yes. I think this FP is out of balance.