Security Key strikes again...

Prionace_Glauca

"Sorry we could not find your security key, try again?"

Getting this message whenever I try to log in. Had it a good year ago and now again, a few days after I returned to the game after a longer period of absence. This issue really isn't something new, it's around for years now and still not fixed. And instead of warning ppl not to use this buggy "security feature", Bioware activly promotes it... Last time it took me a couple of days to get my account back, I don't think it will be any different this time. Very nice that I don't get this time back on my subscription, so I can't help but feeling robbed. It seems this game is not worth coming back.

They changed the security system a few months back. People with the original, physical key were unable to log in for about half a day, but since then it works fine. People who were using the old key app had to switch to a newer version.

If you only recently came back after a long absence, you may need to update to the newer key app. There are several options, including WinAuth, which you cna run on your PC (or put on a USB drive so you can use it on multiple PCs).

Another possibility, if you use the key app, may be your PC time is not correct. Try (re-)synching it to an internet time server, and see if that helps.