Cartel Market Update: March 26th, 2013

CourtneyWoods

The armor looks terrible. :( I wish they'd offer some nice looking mandalorian armor like the blue armor the mandalorian NPC's are wearing.

Damn, that's totally true.

I find the lack of cool Mandalorian Armors.... disturbing:csw_vader:

But then... I've always hated the cartel market as it is just a way to take more money out of our pockets...:mon_trap:

Anyway... Am I the only one who didn't get the "Servers down for maintenance" warning nor the "Patch notes" displayed on the Game Launcher?

I just logged in, clicked "play".... and found that all the servers are down for maintenance :rak_confused:

The armor looks terrible. :( I wish they'd offer some nice looking mandalorian armor like the blue armor the mandalorian NPC's are wearing.

That is exactly what i was hoping for, that and a mando style adaptable helmet.

I am doing like a whole mando look for BH and all his companions but Mako needs a helmet something fierce.

Very dissapoint that this the armor set they went with for the BH set.

Edited by kirorx

It's nice that you put an armor set up for direct purchase instead of feeding the roulette table! But I wouldn't put that set on Bowdaar or Khem! not that is ugly, it's just everything with you guys is green... tired of GREEN! how about a plain white armor set like the Storm Trooper... White, no green no yellow, WHITE... white with black clothing under the WHITE armor plates! oh and a BLACK Shadow Trooper set too... with that the WHITE / BLACK armor with cape for Jedi knights...

I would like to see Salete armor set, i think that would sell well, I know BW/EA would do better with all mighty gambling machine then with direct purchase so either way, just like we have Revan's set, Salete's set should be available.

One complete set I would get... One of the hardest things other then making a Trooper look decent IMO is making an Operative look decent, for me I see a more slimmed down version of shadow troopers armor, rich (dark/full/gloss/black as black) black clothing under dark FLAT black armor panels. my Op uses the classic phantom chest, phantom helmet, generic pants, armor plated boots that come to the knees, and the original phantom gloves... if there could be chest armor like i described this set would pop, take the silver cheek things off the phantom helmet, and bame!

I wish there was a white robe chest also, the last handmaiden looks good, and the new genteel set would be a hit without all the gold artifacts but put the genteel bottoms with the last handmaiden tunic very nice, now if there where robes like the last handmaiden tunic!!!!

another thing to look at is a top in black and dark red, color match the relaxed jumpsuit jacket with the genteel bottoms, now if there was a top tunic/robe top that could match up with those bottoms! so a classic genteel set in white and black without all the artifacts!!

again it's very hard to make a trooper look halfway decent until the late 30's with the Phobium onslaught set, if that was a cartel market set... i think your troopers would be waring it! but all white no green or yellow...

We need more clean and less dirty or warn in armors lol... your new set even with the warn-in looks nice, just same green/brown colors, they are played out... imo.

There is a huge list of tweaks or features I'd like to see which would be easy.... but i'll keep this about the armor sets! :D

wow, sorry for the Wall 'O Text, to many thoughts of what could be <.<

Edited by GrayTap
clarifying....

Like the look of the armour for my bh.

Unless you already have, I wouldn't. I believe bounty hunters already get a set identical to this. If not, it's very similar (the PvP level 20/40 armor). If you still want the armor, well... I guess that armor is just your thing then :p

I'd like to know when they're actually going to add some new items to the CE vendor. We were promised the vendor would have new items on a regular basis, and yet nothing has changed in the more than 15 months since launch.

Of course, now that they've introduced a cash store, BW's probably thinking, "Why put new stuff on an in-game vendor, that people can buy for free (with credits), when we can put stuff on the Cartel Market, and make people pay real money for it." Never mind that people already paid real money for the CE, with the expectation that the real money they paid up front was buying them future exclusive items...

I'd like to know when they're actually going to add some new items to the CE vendor. We were promised the vendor would have new items on a regular basis, and yet nothing has changed in the more than 15 months since launch.

Of course, now that they've introduced a cash store, BW's probably thinking, "Why put new stuff on an in-game vendor, that people can buy for free (with credits), when we can put stuff on the Cartel Market, and make people pay real money for it." Never mind that people already paid real money for the CE, with the expectation that the real money they paid up front was buying them future exclusive items...

Wow cool because I was expecting 1.7.3 to turn the game into a first person shooter. They ruined my expectatons, wah wah wah.

I believe 'baseless' was the adjective you forgot to add there. When I pre-ordered the game I did not expect the vendor to be updated... how is the CE vendor any different? You paid for what they told you what you were going to get, not for what you hoped you would get. It's like pre-ordering the expansion before the deadline and saying how stupid it is that we don't all get rainbow lightsabers. "But I expected it!" That's cool. Doesn't make a difference, but it's cool.

It's nice to see some armour for Bounty Hunter look but terrible it's already armour in the game and it's a very horrid looking set -.-

Doesn't matter. People requested, and they delivered. It's a step in the right direction, no matter how bad it looks (and it does look pretty bad...)

Kind of disappointing. The BH armor people have been asking for for a while now ends up being a cartel market item. Is this the way gear people have been asking for months for is going to be put in game? I know I had been looking for recovered hero gear since knight progression vid, and it is finally in game almost 2 years after vid came out. I know it seems like all the jedi gear with hoods down has only been added to cartel market.

The Bounty Hunter character creation armour being added to the cartel market is no different from when they did it with the Sith Warrior one. Or the Imperial Agent. Or the Jedi Consular. Or the Smuggler. Or the... you see the pattern. Of course if you have a beef with those sets as well, then carry on.

Kind of disappointing. The BH armor people have been asking for for a while now ends up being a cartel market item. Is this the way gear people have been asking for months for is going to be put in game? I know I had been looking for recovered hero gear since knight progression vid, and it is finally in game almost 2 years after vid came out. I know it seems like all the jedi gear with hoods down has only been added to cartel market.
No, that's not how it works.

The Bounty Hunter character creation armour being added to the cartel market is no different from when they did it with the Sith Warrior one. Or the Imperial Agent. Or the Jedi Consular. Or the Smuggler. Or the... you see the pattern. Of course if you have a beef with those sets as well, then carry on.
That's how it works.

When did they stop doing two at once? When they added the Consular/Inquisitor sets they added three, because they included a Sand People set no one wanted! Why did they only add the BH, not the Trooper? The sooner we get done with the creation screen armor, the sooner we can get new armor in the CM, or armor that was in game but removed.

When did they stop doing two at once? When they added the Consular/Inquisitor sets they added three, because they included a Sand People set no one wanted! Why did they only add the BH, not the Trooper? The sooner we get done with the creation screen armor, the sooner we can get new armor in the CM, or armor that was in game but removed.

It's a good way down on the dev tracker now so I can't be bothered digging it up, but Eric said the trooper armour won't be on the cartel market until sometime after RotHC launch. It didn't sound like it was far off though. I also wonder why they haven't just gotten it over with and would also like something new... though maybe they haven't actually bothered starting on something new outside of the pack armour, that might explain why they're trickling in the character creation sets.