Getting basic level 70 gear

MikeFL

Hey all, kind of a "new player" question...

I am recently returned to the game and running through some of the class stories on new characters I have boosted to level 70. The new classes I boosted all get a nice "basic" level 70 gear set, and then I just equip armor to the aesthetic slots over it but keeping the lvl 70 set equipped for stats. However, some of my original classes are not rocking good gear for level 70. How can I get a nice basic set of level 70 gear for them so they can function decently during KOTET/KOTFE?

Edited by MikeFL

Hey all, kind of a "new player" question...

I am recently returned to the game and running through some of the class stories on new characters I have boosted to level 70. The new classes I boosted all get a nice "basic" level 70 gear set, and then I just equip armor to the aesthetic slots over it but keeping the lvl 70 set equipped for stats. However, some of my original classes are not rocking good gear for level 70. How can I get a nice basic set of level 70 gear for them so they can function decently during KOTET/KOTFE?

KotFE is balanced to be feasible(1) for characters who start it *at* level 60, wearing level 60 gear, so level 70s in level 65 gear (green 210, I believe, from the vendors on the Fleet) will be OK. Alternatively, level 66/68 228 purple crafted gear is pretty nice as well.

Failing that, go to the relevant Tier 1 vendor in the Fleet's "Supplies" section (facing outwards, it's the second-to-last bay on the right) and spend those Command Tokens you've been carefully saving up from Command Crates.

If you've been disintegrating them, well, don't do that any more. And keep the level 70 (green 228, blue 230, or purple 230) gear pieces that drop from the crates as well. The purple-230 gear from crates is exactly the same as the pieces in the set that comes with the Master's Datacron, and it's also exactly the same as the pieces from the Tier 1 vendor.

(1) Er, in [sTORY] mode, naturally. [VETERAN] and [MASTER] require level 70 and substantially better gear than you can get in Tier 1, and a chunk of skill.

Just like Steve said, the best gear to get is the 230 rating gear you get from Command Crates or the Tier 1 Vendor on Fleet. The gear you get on your token characters however should be enough to handle anything in the game, since in most cases you do get bolster or level sync (even for Story mode Operations or Master mode Flashpoints).

So simply by playing KOTFE/KOTET you will be gaining Galactic Command ranks and crates from those, save the Command tokens, that is the currency which you pay at the Teir 1 vendor. You will also be getting 230 gear from the crates.

How can I get a nice basic set of level 70 gear for them so they can function decently during KOTET/KOTFE?

KOTFE/ET was initially designed to be do-able by level 60/65 players with "common" armor. So, the easiest way to get gear capable of handling KOTFE/ET is to get a base set of "orange" gear** and fill the slots with basic cheap "green" 210 level mods*** from the Fleet.

You can upgrade those mods or replace the pieces as you go through KOTFE/ET.

** "Orange" gear, meaning mod-able gear - gear with slots to put mods in. Some mod-able gear is purple, yellow, etc - it's the slots that matter.

*** "Mods", in this case, being a collective term for Armorings, Mods, Enhancements, hilts and/or barrels. Also, the level of mods you are able to purchase will depend upon the character's level (and increases as the level goes up). 210s are from the level 65 vendor.

Edited by JediQuaker

If you have a few credits then you can buy "outlander" gear off the GTN. It's several ratings less than the best, so it's really cheap.

You can go into ( rating 210 green / premium) and kit out all your armour fro around 50-60K

Or ( Blue Prototype 220 ) for around 100K

Or Purple Artefact 228) for around 200K

Ofc you can mix and match.

You'll need left side ( ear implants relics) - you should already have main hand and offhand.

- It should be a goal to get moddable ( Orange) shells and slot in armour plates, mods and enhancements as soon as you can afford it. - And if you have legacy orange shells you can share them with mirror classes - so trooper to bounty hunter, smugger to agent etc.

You can earn easy credits on some of the old dailies ( Black hole, Oricon and Section X) Or by running a few heroics. - If you can team up with other players it makes it go a lot faster. - Ask on fleet or in general chat or just invite people who are in the area and potentially doing the heroic.

At 70 you should be getting armour from defeated enemies, from command crates as well. - As a rule of thumb, swap to anything that is an improvement. - NB: try to steer clear of shield/absorb/defence stats unless you are a tank.

You may have to turn on comparison tooltips IIRC : [Cog symbol / user interface menu / tooltip ■ enable comparative tooltips and ■ enable stat summary ( apply ok) ]

TBH KOTxx isn't that hard if you're a bit undergeared. if you find it tough going on story mode, then you might look to improving stats a little and maybe buying some gifts for your companions to raise their rank a few levels.

Everyone else's points are just as valid too. :)

GL and welcome back.