Final Suggestion Thread

dracmor

Because there are so many scattered threads with feedback and because some threads have been buried underneath circular debate I think it would be a good idea to have one thread where people post a concise list of changes they hope are made by the time 6.0 releases. No debating the actual suggestions or the merits of the various 6.0 systems, just a list of requested changes.

Here is my list:

- When modded gear is dropped or bought the mods within should all be the same Item Rating level

- The Recalibrate screen should show the min and max potential of the amplifier you are rolling on

- Recalibration should have a max cost

- There should be no blue/purple mats required for green gear crafted below 285 Item Rating

- There should be no Premium Data Spikes (sliced tech item) required for Bioanalysis

- No matter the level, 20% should be the lowest chance to RE for a schematic

- Sorc/Sage healers should get a min +10% buff to heals and a -10% to resource cost

- The clicky items for Onderon daily quests need an amazingly fast respawn rate

- The ability to change font size on the new character window

- Codex should be added that describes all possible amplifiers and to what gear pieces they are attached to

Remove the UGLY UI changes that are currently up on the PTS. Also revert the ugly galaxy map that was added some patches ago now.

also add the xp bonus set to the collection system or have each new char get mailed an copy of it upon creation.

Edited by Jevnaker

glad for this thread

-ive heard alot of crafters complaining. im not a dcrafter but you should look into thaty

-scale instead of cap for level sync

-make mm fps 75, vet and mm ops 75... or say your trying to by 6.x

-dont have 20 variants of all the item mods... we already have to get random enhancements... thats bad enough

edit:

-dont make gear cost 1 mil per piece from kai... make it isos or something we get from content.

-the 2% accuracy/alacrity/crit should by percent not rating to be viable.

-no more rng vendor... make it like pvp mods used to be.

-dont give gear without mods if you want us to use set bonuses... you expect us to give up our set bonus to run with unmoddable gear?

Edited by dipstik

1. Make the heroic and flashpoint "bolster" work correctly instead of totally breaking level sync: boost lower level toons to cap on gear and stats instead of boosting level 75 toons more and more the farther they get into the gear grind.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=969130

2. Revert the endurance nerf. Planetary health caps are WAY WAY WAY too low.

3. Tone down the graphics on Kolto Shell, the new companion heal ability. Get ready to run in a hamster bubble for 2.5 minutes after your battle ends, stealther.

4. Revert the recent flashpoint scaling changes.

Here is my list:

- Buff Hatred and Madness survivability.

- Buff Madness mobility.

- Take the GCD off Phantom Stride.

- Remove Holo-Locate.

- Buff Volt Rush.

- Set-bonuses. Half of them are underwhelming.

- I couldn't find set-bonuses for Hatred Assassin, Annihilation Marauder, Madness Sorcerer :confused:

- All of the +2% stat 2p set-bonuses are useless.

- Mods. There's a lot of different versions of the same thing. The old system was faaaaaar better.

- All flashpoints and operations should be scaled to level 75.

Edited by EmperorRus

Borrowing some of Dracmor's suggestions here

- When modded gear is dropped or bought the mods within should all be the same Item Rating level, and the piece itself should be within +/- 1 iLvl of your average.

- The Recalibrate screen should show the min and max potential of the amplifier you are rolling on - agree

- Recalibration should have a max cost - agree

- There should be no blue/purple mats required for green gear crafted below 285 Item Rating - sure. I mean we could debate on the exact iLevel but green stuff should NEVER require blue or purple materials, let alone EXOTICS from conquest and group endgame content.

- There should be no Premium Data Spikes (sliced tech item) required for Bioanalysis - agree

- No matter the level, 20% should be the lowest chance to RE for a schematic - agree

- The ability to change font size on the new character window

- Codex should be added that describes all possible amplifiers and to what gear pieces they are attached to

I'll add the following:

• Tech fragments from deconstruction need to be increased at least ten-fold. Please learn from Ossus and disintegrating Ossus 252/258 gear into 175 UCs instead of the abysmally low UC rate for tier 4 command crate gear. Tech fragment rewards from [DAILY] and [WEEKLY] content or activity finder bonuses need to be increased at least three-fold.
  • Nesting of blue prototype assembly components requiring premium assembly components should be removed. Material requirements should be reduced to 10% of their current costs. One 4-stack of entry level blue adrenals should not require 120 green premium materials. I don't care what you are saying Musco, resources are not falling out of the sky for me, I spent 7 hours doing group and solo content or more on phase 3. There aren't enough nodes on Onderon, the yield is too low from mobs and nodes, and the mission times and yields are terrible even with all influence rank 50 companions.
  • PTS crafting is insanely broken beyond what I've stated here and what Dracmor wrote. It is completely unworkable. I would rather you do what you did with Grade 9 materials way back in 4.0 and simply defer the crafting changes until you have some reasonable fixes, than go live with this steaming pile of nerf excrement.
  • Please reduce the number of variations of armorings, barrels, hilts, mods, and enhancements. Tinkering with stats is not a bad thing but its less important at lower levels and it doesn't play nicely in the sandbox with RNG.
  • Please remove the 5k tech fragment cap, or make it sufficiently high that a player can buy more than one piece of gear from the fixed vendors, at least 12k.
  • Please put General, class non-specific, set bonuses and tactical items on a different vendor than the class-specific ones. Even if the discipline filter worked (see below), its too much to sort through.
  • please fix the discipline filter for the non-RNG set bonus/tactical item class vendors
  • please fix the missing Alliance Supply Crates from planetary heroics when a player is level 75. While you're at it, figure out why the datacron decorations stopped dropping from the champion mobs in those planetary heroics sometime in 4.0 and to where the conquered exarch bracers disappeared way back in 4.0, instead of dropping from paladins and exarchs in heroic mode star fortress.
  • please fix the broken scaling when players are in special situations, like manned turrets or walkers

Lastly, decide what you are really trying to accomplish with the scaling system:

Are you trying to make older content more challenging for level-cap highly-geared players?

Are you trying to optimize the scaling technology so that fresh level 50s have a better chance of completing the content originally designed for them, for which Bolstering to level cap is eventually not going to be enough?

You've never really answered this question directly despite my asking multiple times. Because they require different solutions, and we could have provided better feedback if we knew what the intent was.

Edited by phalczen

My first suggestion:

DO NOT PUT THIS GEARING SYSTEM ON LIVE SERVER.

TACTICALS

• Some of the tacticals should be rolled in to one. I think the Juggernaut/Guardian DPS ones are terrible.

AMPLIFIERS

• Reduce the cost of re-calibrating, and put a cap on it.
  • Create two separate functions for Re-calibrating--one for selecting the amplifier you one, and the other for upgrading it.
  • Remove the Crafting one's
  • Cap re-calibrating cost at 50,000 credits.
  • Have a fixed credit cost for selecting your amplifier, and variable amounts for leveling it up (capped at 50K credits per roll)

NEW ABILITIES

• What are we supposed to do with clamoring slash? Remove the ability and add the slow effect to Lacerate (Assassins) and Chain Lighting (Sorcerers--since Force Storm is spammable)
  • Volt Rush needs to be synergized with the Rotation, make it buff something. I don't see a use for it in the Balance spec.

SET BONUSES

• Please, remove the ones that gives x % alacrity/Defense when below x % HP. Remove the Mad Dash one and the Force Lift Foolishness
  • All set bonuses needs to be reworked. I honestly couldn't find one for Fury Marauder.
  • Reduce the 6 Pieces to 5 ( if you going to keep them as is) so we can have a separate 2 piece that is work-able, like +2% to power/Mastery/Alacrity/Endurance

LEVEL SCALING

• All Flashpoints should be Scaled to level 75
  • Re-work Story-mode where you can solo it or do it as a group. Hence, we will have three modes to queue for--Story, Vet, and Master, only difference here is that yo can up he story mode from the terminal and solo it. This way low levels can still queue for group and high levels will only go vet and not have to worry about de-sync
  • Master Mode Hammer Station felt a bit easier than on live, since , Phase 3 rolled out. it was over-tuned in Phase 2 (Tunneler Droid was bugged TBH) then they just Nerf it in Phase Three ( instead of fixing the Lazer on the droid).

CRAFTING

• LOL - that's all. Ridiculous resource cost, and requirements

GEARING

• Armoring & Enhancements-- Twenty-one (21) different iterations of each. Like, what the actual f@#k? Bioware, WHO thought of this? WHO?? Please, for the love of Chewbacca, scale it down to three--- endurance heavy, power and tertiary stat heavy (for enhancements); mastery heavy, power heavy and endurance heavy for mods). Armoring only need two variants-- Mastery heavy or Endurance Heavy . Because of diminishing returns on Tertiary stats, there is, literally, no reason to have so many different variants. This is NOT how you get players to choose their play-style.
  • Remove RNG from gearing
  • Gear dropped for completing activities-All gear pieces should be of the same rating, and should be above the level of your current gear rating.
  • Reduce the number of rating scales, which is currently about 22? Before, we had, what, 11?
  • Put Back the set bonuses on the Armoring. Dunno why you decided to go back to class lock on gearing, which totally contradicts the idea of gearing how you want, and kill off alt playing

Edited by Yezzan