Aurora Cannon/Long Shots still H4

Companions next to useless? What makes you say that? Since 4.0 they are more powerful than ever before.

The Section X heroic requires two players to get past the doors and four for the final puzzle (though there are rumours of completing it with three), so you couldn't do it solo even if you were able to kill all the enemies.

Companions next to useless? What makes you say that? Since 4.0 they are more powerful than ever before.

The Section X heroic requires two players to get past the doors and four for the final puzzle (though there are rumours of completing it with three), so you couldn't do it solo even if you were able to kill all the enemies.

I've been in a group of 3 that completed it. Some sort of trick about keeping the shield down and repeatedly right-clicking on the core or something. I've never managed to do it myself, since I'm old and have poor reflexes.

Edited by Sinapus

That's where you're wrong, they removed the gate mechanic; and only one of the wall-beams is there (they wake up the champ mini-bosses, if you recall, they're no barrier to getting to the Core). Once at the Core, you have only yo throw the grenade, no other panels need to be touched.

In 4.0 (vanilla 4.0) I could solo Long Shots just fine, with a healer, I had great healing at 4.0, but now, with 4.0.1a?

Companion power has been Death Star'ed since 4.0.1a, not 4.0, but 4.0.1a, thanks to joy-slaughterers who cannot stand that other types of gamers enjoy themselves.

On top of which, companion healers are bugged.

Of two companions, both the same influence; one's tech healing channel deals 4x the healing that another's tech channel does, that has to be a bug.

Also, I think they've buffed, especially heroic, enemies to extremes; before 4.0.1a, at 4.0 vanilla, I had little trouble getting down that Dread Guard Legion Commander's HP, his self-heals were present but they didn't get in the way much.

And now? Now?

THEY'RE OFF THE *********** CHART!!!:mad:

Edited by sentientomega

I just did this solo on my level 65 Sentinel and a rank 25 T7, and it seems exactly the same to me. Not sure why you seem to believe companions have been changed with the latest update...

Hmmm, possibly it's the mobs instead, maybe they've been buffed (which would explain why my tanking comps felt considerably weaker, and if no buff to enemies was announced, it could feel like they gutted companions instead); you know, there were companions I hadn't used for 4.0; but today, I had a look and a whole bunch of healing companions have very weak channels, with the exception of HK-51, these tend to be melee tech healers. Khem Val is the weakest force healer, too; but nowhere near as poor as the melee tech healers: SCORPIO, Vector Hyllus, Qyzen Fess, Broonmark, Tanno Vik, Yuun, Bowdaar, Akaavi Spar, Torian Cadera.

All of them, as well as HK-51, have their channeled heals putting out healing at 25% of the ranged tech healer's version.

The first time I soloed it, I had a less than rank 10 Kira healing my level 60-61 Combat sentinel in blue 188 legacy gear; boss fight took a awhile, felt epic and wonderful, especially as I knew it had to end sometime.

I presume your T7 was healing...?

Edited by sentientomega

I cant solo the final boss, he just keeps healing, i got him to 10%. even after interrupting his casting he still manages to heal back up. I have a rank 40 companion in healer mode and im a Jedi Guardian tank. He cant really hurt me much, not with the companion healer, but he wont die, this went on for over an hour, til i just gave up. Do you have to be DPS class to beat it? I even used Heroic Moment to no avail. If i just had a little more dps i could beat it.

I cant solo the final boss, he just keeps healing, i got him to 10%. even after interrupting his casting he still manages to heal back up. I have a rank 40 companion in healer mode and im a Jedi Guardian tank. He cant really hurt me much, not with the companion healer, but he wont die, this went on for over an hour, til i just gave up. Do you have to be DPS class to beat it? I even used Heroic Moment to no avail. If i just had a little more dps i could beat it.

Honestly, I think you do need to have either yourself as dps, or as healer with a dps companion to beat it.

Just did it solo as Combat Sentinel with rank 24 T7 as healer.

- Gates are gone

- No forcefield around the core

- It's tougher than other heroics I've done after 4.0

- Gear: mostly 208s with 216 offhand, 7x crit augments (200), no crystal in offhand :D

- I only died once and that was because I aggro'd two groups at the same time and T7 went down spam healing

Is it soloable? Yes, it's tough though.

To kill the boss at the end you have to interrupt the heal. Otherwise there's no chance to defeat that boss alone.

Edited by Halinalle

Because it's attached to a weekly, I really think BW:A should downscale it and the mobs to H2+ level.

Pity I mained a Serenity Shadow with Qyzen in heals...

You need to burst **** down in there, switch to Infil.

That, and interrupt, interrupt, interrupt!

You need to burst **** down in there, switch to Infil.

That, and interrupt, interrupt, interrupt!

I thought about that, and there's a reason specs like that are best used with a tanking companion.

Using maul/shadow strike is pretty much a must in that rotation; and it's less available if you're using an healing companion (past experience is that kind of teacher, yes), and unavailable with an H4 boss (Boss stun immunity), unless you start off your rotation with that, and it may be the only time you ever get to use it, barring mass mind control threat drops, which are, at best, a crap-shoot. The only interrupt we get is mind snap, which has an 18 sec CD (personally, I think they should have no CD in PvE, and a 30 sec CD when PvP-flagged), and two things you need to interrupt when he goes below 50% (or maybe 25%) HP. That heal-steal (I cannot remember the name, sorry) needs interrupting initially, but it has to be ignored when he starts activating that channeled self-heal (also cannot remember it's name, but I know it heals for quite an amount, and should be interrupted, whenever possible).

Oh, right the maul. (Sin/Shadow is the one class/combat-archetype I could never really get into; Playstyle just doesn't suit me.)

"Force Siphon," I think it's called or "Life Siphon," or something like that. A high-influence tank comp. is good against him, but then my Mercs can off-heal them, which is surely helpful.

• 2 years later...
For those having trouble with the boss, I believe you can skip him by going to any of the side balconies for the clicky at the end. I go to the left balcony and I'm still in range of the core

Yep, this worked! Tried soloing the boss and even when I interrupted his heal, he still went back to full from ~20%. I was about to quit in frustration over it before seeing your comment. Thanks! :D:D