Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Crew Skill Storage

Big_Marser
06.19.2019 , 06:47 AM | #11
Where to get this legacy crafting mats storage? Or is it upcoming? If yes, when?
active @ Tulak Hord

Amunra-amunray
06.20.2019 , 09:36 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Big_Marser View Post
Where to get this legacy crafting mats storage? Or is it upcoming? If yes, when?
Y screen under character unlocks or personal unlocks. Three tiers to reduce the cool down CD timer.
"Do the Best and Spare the Rest!" Joe Pirandello
My Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/qYLGd9

Amunra-amunray
03.31.2020 , 01:23 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Big_Marser View Post
While I like the new storage for all things material in SWTOR, I do not like keeping my super rare materials in this window. I wish there was a deselect box for specific items to be drawn from this storage. Additionally the purple and Blue craftable items seem to remain in your inventory even though you have elected to have all stored there. So this might be a two item fix...

SteveTheCynic
04.01.2020 , 02:46 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Amunra-amunray View Post
While I like the new storage for all things material in SWTOR, I do not like keeping my super rare materials in this window. I wish there was a deselect box for specific items to be drawn from this storage.
I'm not sure I understand *why* you don't like keeping super-rares in there.
Quote: Originally Posted by Amunra-amunray View Post
Additionally the purple and Blue craftable items seem to remain in your inventory even though you have elected to have all stored there.
If you're referring to Assembly Components and Bonded Attachments, that's actually a good thing. You can deconstruct them on the character that made them for augmentation slot components, but once you put them in the shared storage, they forget who made them, and thus you only get materials back. If you don't care about that, right-click the "diamond-with-arrow" (stash mats in shared storage) button at the top of the Inventory panel and pick the maximum quality colour you want it to send to shared, then click it from time to time.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
I never had a Fine Mithril Sword of a very powerful glorious invincible hero scout with ruby inlays and platinum engraving in June language

Void_Singer
04.01.2020 , 05:59 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by SteveTheCynic View Post
I can answer that question, because I have the same issue on a wider scale....

Stock Levels Matter
This is especially true for different crafts that use the same materials

old system was a pain because it took up 3 bays to get a good view of what you had for stock....new system holds more without taking up a ton off storage space, but I can't even bring myself to call it organized

Old way:
you could put products in stripes of skills, rows of type, and columns of grade, if I wanted to make say war supplies, all I needed to do was look down the column and see what I was short on, know which missions to run for it, and be able to balance it across all types of war supplies and make equal amounts for converting into invasion forces....

now I need to look up each recipe individually, then each item in the recipes, then compare them all, then go back and see which I'm short, re-look up which item it is so I can see what craft and what grade farms it, etc ad nauseam.

and why? because some idjit thought it'd be useful to use a default alphabetical filter on a system of components that has absolutely no naming convention at all. when what's obviously needed is a a grade and type filtering system. it's not like the data isn't there, it's a property tag that gets read every time you mouse over a mat.... even alpha sorting on that would be better than trash pile we have.
If it moves, shoot it.
if it stops moving... shoot it again.
- Anonymous Mercenary

This is My Referral Link. There are many like it but this one is mine.

Amunra-amunray
04.09.2020 , 03:33 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by SteveTheCynic View Post

If you're referring to Assembly Components and Bonded Attachments, that's actually a good thing. You can deconstruct them on the character that made them for augmentation slot components, but once you put them in the shared storage, they forget who made them, and thus you only get materials back. If you don't care about that, right-click the "diamond-with-arrow" (stash mats in shared storage) button at the top of the Inventory panel and pick the maximum quality colour you want it to send to shared, then click it from time to time.
no matter how much right clicking you do to that dumb diamond it does not place BLUES or PURPLES in the massive storage, further if there is an issue with RE-ing them cause of loss of materials or better RnG and the like that is a developer programming flaw bent on making you have to work more and get less as it seems to have started at 4.7 They need to hot patch it or PATCH it Period. Jesus does no one see the forest through the trees?

Amunra-amunray
04.09.2020 , 03:36 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Void_Singer View Post
I can answer that question, because I have the same issue on a wider scale....

Stock Levels Matter
This is especially true for different crafts that use the same materials

old system was a pain because it took up 3 bays to get a good view of what you had for stock....new system holds more without taking up a ton off storage space, but I can't even bring myself to call it organized

Old way:
you could put products in stripes of skills, rows of type, and columns of grade, if I wanted to make say war supplies, all I needed to do was look down the column and see what I was short on, know which missions to run for it, and be able to balance it across all types of war supplies and make equal amounts for converting into invasion forces....

now I need to look up each recipe individually, then each item in the recipes, then compare them all, then go back and see which I'm short, re-look up which item it is so I can see what craft and what grade farms it, etc ad nauseam.

and why? because some idjit thought it'd be useful to use a default alphabetical filter on a system of components that has absolutely no naming convention at all. when what's obviously needed is a a grade and type filtering system. it's not like the data isn't there, it's a property tag that gets read every time you mouse over a mat.... even alpha sorting on that would be better than trash pile we have.
Now we are talking, see someone with actual sense. I mean the crew skill vendor should be used as a skin. But they just jumbled some UI together in hopes it would satisfy us. It needs some tweaking.

Further I do not like keeping super rares in the inventory so I can keep tabs on my end game crafting and what is needed without having to go to the B window and cross reference. Mega crafters will understand this more than a casual crafter. It just simpler to keep my Solids, embers and processed in a bay but my thousands of other mats are fine in the new Materials UI!!!