Planet invasion achievement, recruiting & tech fragments!

Breezert

Good morning, couple suggestions.

Planet invasion achievements

Given all the issues and craziness that is conquering planets. To make it easier for other guilds to achieve this, instead of trying to out conquest these guilds, possible solution.

Set a conquest points target for guilds, simply put. If you’re in a small guild for example, in order for you to get the title your guild would need to achieve “15million” conquest points.

Small - 15 000 000

Medium - 30 000 000

Large - 50 000 000

Just an example, but this would allow all guilds an equal opportunity to get those much needed achievements. As it stands it would be highly improbable for most guilds to achieve this. I’m sure that if implemented, developers could come up with a realistic conquest points goal to achieve this

Also if you’re a large guild, you can only invade a large yield planet. Doesn’t feel right have large guilds invade small yield planets! Small - 1-150 Medium 151-500 large 501 -1000

Also might help put a stop to all the silliness that is going on, maybe but I doubt it!

Recruiting

Spamming a planet should get you an immediate cool down of a week, stopping your guild from recruiting.

It was discussed briefly on Darth Malaga’s server that there be possibly leniency for smaller guilds, allowing them to grow.

Having spoken to a few new players, they just don’t want to join a guild again, as they were subject to invite and kick by a specific guild!

Tech-fragments

Subscription, can store 50000 tech-fragments (more would be better), and preferred/free to play 15000 tech-fragments.

I’m sure the cleaver game developers could whip these changes up 😎

Magic, have a super day all!

Some good suggestions here, although I think the Suggestion Box might be a better forum area to post it in :rak_03:

Regarding the idea of limiting Guild recruitment spam, how would you suggest the game determine that it is a recruitment message, and not some other kind of recurring message?

If it is purely the fact that the same text is copied/pasted, then it would be easy enough for recruitment spammers to circumvent by pasting and then changing a couple of different characters each time, and if you expand it out to categorizing "similar" messages as recruitment spam that opens the possibility of false positives and people being muted inappropriately. :D

My apologies, I should have been more specific. Regarding Spamming, it’s specific to spam inviting and then kicking.

Allowing this to continue is becoming increasingly damaging to the game, specifically to these guilds using new players simply for conquest points and then kicking them is not fare on them.

Promoting ones guild in chat is a great way to promote the guild. However repeatedly spamming in general can be a tad annoying.

I have a better suggestion for the Conquest achievements; at least, in my opinion.

The problem is two-fold: the achievements are tied to the leader board, specifically the top spot on the leader board, and planets are tied to yield sizes. Because a handful of mega-guilds always dominate the leader boards and always take the top spot that effectively blocks out all other guilds from partaking in this aspect of Conquest. So I suggest the following.

First, decouple the "Conqueror of [Planet]" achievements from the leader board. Instead base completion of the achievement on number of times invaded. For example, five completed invasions of a particular planet completes the achievement. Those that already have the achievements will carry over.

Second, which is something they have already spoken about doing, is to decouple the planets from the yields. Currently planets are tied to a yield size. This week the planets are Section X, Yavin 4, and Belsavis on the small, medium, and large yields respectively. Section X will only ever appear on a small yield. Belsavis will only ever show up on a large yield. The planets need to be decoupled from their current yield sizes and then either rotated through each yield or, which I think would be better, if possible, each yield would have a selection of planets to invade that change each week. This way every planet would be possible at each yield size.

Third, the main benefit, outside of completing the achievements, to taking the top spot on the leader board is being able to take down the Conquest Commander's shield. On this I am a bit ambivalent. I firmly believe that the mega-guilds are going to dominate those Commanders regardless of changes to the shield mechanic merely due to their numbers. On the other hand, I firmly believe that the leader board and the top spot should be purely for vanity. So, I propose that either the shield mechanic be changed so that no one can remove it early, or it be changed so that any guild that has completed their invasion target for the week is able to take down the shield early. The sooner a guild completes their invasion target the sooner they get the ability to take down the shield.

If they did this then people would not feel the need to guild hop in order to complete their achievements and people in small guilds would feel like they can actually work toward and complete those Conquest achievements.

With regard to raising the tech fragment cap. Completely and wholeheartedly agree.

My apologies, I should have been more specific. Regarding Spamming, it’s specific to spam inviting and then kicking.

Allowing this to continue is becoming increasingly damaging to the game, specifically to these guilds using new players simply for conquest points and then kicking them is not fare on them.

Promoting ones guild in chat is a great way to promote the guild. However repeatedly spamming in general can be a tad annoying.

Have you reviewed the changes that are coming to Conquest? The upcoming changes are being made specifically to address the issue that you raise.

https://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9912027#edit9912027

Good morning, couple suggestions.

Planet invasion achievements

Given all the issues and craziness that is conquering planets. To make it easier for other guilds to achieve this, instead of trying to out conquest these guilds, possible solution.

Set a conquest points target for guilds, simply put. If you’re in a small guild for example, in order for you to get the title your guild would need to achieve “15million” conquest points.

Small - 15 000 000

Medium - 30 000 000

Large - 50 000 000

15 mill is quite a large amount for a small guild. The most one of my small guilds got was 2 million, and that was by accident, we weren't even trying for it. Happened during the food event, and everyone was doing it. Also, it's hard to decide what a 'small' guild is. Mine range from 5/6 active accounts, to 15. even then other might define small, as more. I'm not saying it's a good/bad idea. Just pointing out that the definition of a small guild can be tricky.

I like any idea that makes it more fair for other guilds to get the titles, and stops the more prominent guilds from monopolising.

15 mill is quite a large amount for a small guild. The most one of my small guilds got was 2 million, and that was by accident, we weren't even trying for it. Happened during the food event, and everyone was doing it. Also, it's hard to decide what a 'small' guild is. Mine range from 5/6 active accounts, to 15. even then other might define small, as more. I'm not saying it's a good/bad idea. Just pointing out that the definition of a small guild can be tricky.

I like any idea that makes it more fair for other guilds to get the titles, and stops the more prominent guilds from monopolising.

Yes it probably is to high, the figures were more of a suggestion, if this were to be adopted by the developers, they would most certainly find the right conquest points objective for small medium and large.

Yes it probably is to high, the figures were more of a suggestion, if this were to be adopted by the developers, they would most certainly find the right conquest points objective for small medium and large.

As I said, I do like the idea, hopefully they can come up with something to stop the big guild holding the titles hostage :)

Would also stop other issue with cq too.

A suggestion regarding guild recruitment. Couldn’t BioWare setup a default guild recruitment channel?

Then a policy could be put in place to curb recruitment spam in general chat. Those caught doing it could be muted from gen chat for x amount of time.

Yes, just like there is /pvp and /trade, there should be /recruit for guild recruitment messages.

Tech-fragments

Subscription, can store 50000 tech-fragments (more would be better), and preferred/free to play 15000 tech-fragments.

I often wonder why people want to store so many Tech Frags. Once you buy all the stuff you need or want that requires frags, they become essentially useless. And, like other special currencies in the past, they are not apt to be needed for the next round of gear upgrades.

The armor is all BtL so you can buy bonus sets for all your alts (even if they are under level 75), and they're so easy to get that you can easily get armor for any new alt, before they get to 75.

If you're just worried about losing the "value" of the frags, use them to buy Embers.

I often wonder why people want to store so many Tech Frags. Once you buy all the stuff you need or want that requires frags, they become essentially useless. And, like other special currencies in the past, they are not apt to be needed for the next round of gear upgrades.

The armor is all BtL so you can buy bonus sets for all your alts (even if they are under level 75), and they're so easy to get that you can easily get armor for any new alt, before they get to 75.

If you're just worried about losing the "value" of the frags, use them to buy Embers.

a lot of it has to do with buying the sets from zai, you can max your tech frags on tues, but he doesn't appear till the weekend

a lot of it has to do with buying the sets from zai, you can max your tech frags on tues, but he doesn't appear till the weekend

Not only that but as it stands now for the individual the limit on tech fragments is 10K and it takes (IIRC) 21K for a matching set to take advantage of "SET BONUS" ( I think that's correct). Raising the limit on those fragments has been a request for a while now !!

Aside for the rest of the discussion for guilds .. this seems like it's on the right track and being done so in a more positive fashion. Since I'm not a part of a guild ... the rest I will simply gracefully bow out on. I don't think it's my place to offer too much of an opinion .. aside from my own observation in that OP definitely has some sound ideas that should be reviewed. And YES ... IMO seems fair and equitable.

EDITED

Edited by OlBuzzard

Hmmm ... Where have I heard that before ??

;)

From me. And others.

DEVS: Just take the frying pan off the stove and set it aside for awhile, before you burn the hell out of dinner. Leave conquest alone for a while.

Some of these suggestions, if implemented, would bomb small guilds into oblivion.

From me. And others.

DEVS: Just take the frying pan off the stove and set it aside for awhile, before you burn the hell out of dinner. Leave conquest alone for a while.

Some of these suggestions, if implemented, would bomb small guilds into oblivion.

Actually me as well. I have been on a quest regarding BUG SQUASHING for some time now.

That said .. I also understand what OP is driving at. IF any changes were to be made ... maybe.

Me Trixx, you and a number of others are really becoming very weary of all of the "new items" that really aren't necessary, not wanted and yet seem to be a priority over taking care of other issues that SHOULD be a priority.

I have the best suggestion of all: leave Conquest alone.

Except these are not changes to Conquest but how one completes the Conquest achievements. This change, either as the OP or I proposed, would remove the stranglehold that the mega-guilds current have on the Conquest achievements. None of these changes would change Conquest itself.

I agree that Conquest is now in a good place and BW should put a moratorium on any more changes for now, but that is not the issue here. The mega-guilds dominate the leader boards, and only a handful of guilds have access to the top spot on the leader boards, which means they they have locked out all other guilds from completing the Conquest achievements. The impending changes to guilds will not alter that fact and will actually make it harder to guild hop in order to complete the Conquest achievements. What the OP and I are proposing is altering how the achievements are completed, not changes to Conquest itself.

Other, of course, than my point that planets need to be decoupled from the yield size, which, as I stated, is something BW already mentioned they are considering doing.

How so? Nothing that has been proposed would change how any guild completes their weekly Conquest goal. The OP is not suggesting that the small yield be raised to 15 million. They are suggesting that if a guild hits 15 million Conquest points on a small yield in a week then they would receive the "Conqueror of [Planet]" achievement that can currently only be earned by taking the top spot on the small yield leader board. And even then the OP acknowledged that 15 million is likely too high and that it was just a suggestion.

Can either of you, xordevoreaux or mike_carton, or anyone for that matter, give a good reason for why the Conquest achievements should not be made easier to acquire? Especially considering that under the current paradigm all guilds are locked out of completing those achievements because a handful of guilds dominate the leader boards and other guilds can not break through their vice grip on the top spots.

Edited by ceryxp

As the OP most likely knows, currently there are specific planets tied to specific planetary invasions.

Some planets are ONLY available in the small invasion choice. Some are ONLY available in medium, some are ONLY available in large.

If the large guild has members that need the planet which is in the small invasion category, they have every "right" to choose "small" and fight to earn it.

Before any talk of limiting invasion choice based on the number of guild members can be taken seriously, THE current situation I spelled out above needs to be changed.

Before....not after.

Exactly this ^^

When I login for the new conquest week and start playing, I often max out my tech frags fairly quickly from the rewards before Kai reappears on the weekend.

This can still happen even when I plan a head and use all my tech frags before Kia disappears for the week.

Not only that but as it stands now for the individual the limit on tech fragments is 10K and it takes (IIRC) 21K for a matching set to take advantage of "SET BONUS" ( I think that's correct). Raising the limit on those fragments has been a request for a while now !!

A minimal "benefit from set bonus" is two pieces.

Some of the sets only have four pieces to get max bonus.

Even the ones that have three tiers, that's *six* pieces = 18K.

As the OP most likely knows, currently there are specific planets tied to specific planetary invasions.

Some planets are ONLY available in the small invasion choice. Some are ONLY available in medium, some are ONLY available in large.

If the large guild has members that need the planet which is in the small invasion category, they have every "right" to choose "small" and fight to earn it.

Before any talk of limiting invasion choice based on the number of guild members can be taken seriously, THE current situation I spelled out above needs to be changed.

Before....not after.

Yes I do know!

In no way shape or form, is it fair for a Large guild pushing out massive conquest points to invade a small yield planet. It renders the entire system mute. If you truly feel that way then you're part of the problem!

The game as a whole is made up of many guilds and not just those "FEW" who are out there to show us how big their ego's are, and want to invade a small planet so that they can get those few members that achievement! What about the small guilds that need it.

The point that was put forward, was to allow all guilds, small/medium/large, an equal opportunity to gain those "conquering planet achievements"

Keep the Leader board and let them fight it out to the end of time!

Truth be told that, in it's current form, those achievements will not be achieved for many years to come, for the "97%" of guilds.

Yes I do know!

In no way shape or form, is it fair for a Large guild pushing out massive conquest points to invade a small yield planet. It renders the entire system mute. If you truly feel that way then you're part of the problem!

The game as a whole is made up of many guilds and not just those "FEW" who are out there to show us how big their ego's are, and want to invade a small planet so that they can get those few members that achievement! What about the small guilds that need it.

The point that was put forward, was to allow all guilds, small/medium/large, an equal opportunity to gain those "conquering planet achievements"

Keep the Leader board and let them fight it out to the end of time!

Truth be told that, in it's current form, those achievements will not be achieved for many years to come, for the "97%" of guilds.

the only solution that's ever been viable, for years now, has been for the players who WANT the title to put an alt in the super big guild. although, the proposed changes in the other thread negate that now. this will be a bigger issue now than ever before

The acquisition of those titles is 100% just as legitimate of a reason for large guilds to target the small planets as any other in the system.

You will never change my mind about that.

Edited by Darev

the only solution that's ever been viable, for years now, has been for the players who WANT the title to put an alt in the super big guild. although, the proposed changes in the other thread negate that now. this will be a bigger issue now than ever before

The acquisition of those titles is 100% just as legitimate of a reason for large guilds to target the small planets as any other in the system.

You will never change my mind about that.

which is why, if it's changed to the top ten get the title, and more planets, etc/ It would curb some (not all) of this.

The top, should have the banner, etc. The commander shield can be argued about, but the title, with the top 10 getting it, it would help a lot