LoL, people asking to nerf assassins when ops do more

TrixxieTriss

Makes me laugh when I see people ask for Nerfs so early on in a meta.

My Jugg and Mara hit between 52-55k crits many times through the match and that’s fine for me.

My sin hits for 61k only on the opener and not any other time, so asking to nerf them is just ridiculous

Then I’ve played a few games now where operatives top the damage boards and they Crit much higher than Sins or any other class I’ve seen so far. Just saw one 85,913 :eek: (that’s half my health on a Mara).

Ive seen mercs and snipers constantly crits for 52k or higher all match. But people want to only nerf the Sins who only Crit 60k on the opener and at no other time.

I do agree sins and operatives for that matter shouldn’t be allowed to swap tactical’s once a match starts, but that’s the only change that needs to happen.

For everyone else whining about sins, L2P.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol at people who still post #nerfoperative threads...

On a serious note, that 85k crit you saw is a bug that's been around for ages. What happens is sometimes delayed damage abilities go off at the exact time another ability hits and the system registers it as a single massive hit. This happens with many classes, including VG's (Assault Plastique + Cell Burst) and Scoundrels (Blood Boiler + Back Blast).

So in actuality, it requires two GCD's to get that number.

Shadows on the other hand can hit for 80k each GCD during their burst window, so it's a different animal entirely. That said, it can be countered and I'm still on the fence as to wether it's overturned or not. At the very most, I would simply reduce the percentage boost on Death Knell set by a small amount.

What ppl dont get is that any class can swap out tacticals when out of combat.

But not all classes can get out of combat instantly to swap them tacticals. As a sentinel i force camo away and need to wait to get out of combat to swap. It takes a while considering that I am not chased.

On a serious note, that 85k crit you saw is a bug that's been around for ages. What happens is sometimes delayed damage abilities go off at the exact time another ability hits and the system registers it as a single massive hit. This happens with many classes, including VG's (Assault Plastique + Cell Burst) and Scoundrels (Blood Boiler + Back Blast).

So in actuality, it requires two GCD's to get that number.

Shadows on the other hand can hit for 80k each GCD during their burst window, so it's a different animal entirely. That said, it can be countered and I'm still on the fence as to wether it's overturned or not. At the very most, I would simply reduce the percentage boost on Death Knell set by a small amount.

Any of my #nerfoperative comments are always tongue and check. You know, for old times sake :D

I’m min maxed and my highest hit has been 86k: https://i.imgur.com/SeHxXnL.jpg

Though that is obviously very rare and won’t happen often.

OMG, quick nerf assassins, lol.... better yet, just nerf Kre’a :p

Yeah, I can’t see that sort of hit happening very often. I think all the stars need to come together and you certainly can’t count on it.

On a side note, I’m now criting 60k on my Mara more often in matches, so I guess my Mara setup needs a nerf too.

Next week it will be some other class once people understand the new meta better.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

OMG, quick nerf assassins, lol.... better yet, just nerf Kre’a :p

Yeah, I can’t see that sort of hit happening very often. I think all the stars need to come together and you certainly can’t count on it.

On a side note, I’m now criting 60k on my Mara more often in matches, so I guess my Mara setup needs a nerf too.

Next week it will be some other class once people understand the new meta better.

Nah, it still will be about Sins.

Yeah, not because theirs burst is OP lol.

You get hit by two or 3 burst classes and you will die. It doesn’t even matter if they are weak or strong. The problem is only compounded because of the number of people on the same class on you. I’m sure 3 fury Maras hitting at once would feel exactly the same as 3 sins.

I’ve yet to have one sin or shadow kill me in pvp this meta by themselves. That me on a Jugg, Mara or other Sin. I’m currently lvling up my Sorc, so I’ll let you know how that goes next week.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Krea pls stop crying about pt's...

jep they have tons of dmg but the weakest defs...

go hatred and u have same numbers. like every dot spec...(or lightning :-))

if u would cry about tanks doing that dmg (which they do) i would be at ur side

Krea pls stop crying about pt's...

jep they have tons of dmg but the weakest defs...

go hatred and u have same numbers. like every dot spec...(or lightning :-))

if u would cry about tanks doing that dmg (which they do) i would be at ur side

Are you implying that I should stop crying about a class that is possibly balanced but does have 1 aspect of it that is considered pretty strong? That would be a really immature thing to do, wouldn't it? Maybe you're right, maybe it is just crying after all. I'm sure this premise couldn't possibly be applied anywhere else :rolleyes:

Are you implying that I should stop crying about a class that is possibly balanced but does have 1 aspect of it that is considered pretty strong? That would be a really immature thing to do, wouldn't it? Maybe you're right, maybe it is just crying after all. I'm sure this premise couldn't possibly be applied anywhere else :rolleyes:

Arguing in bad faith is always stupid, regardless of what you think others are doing. You should make and defend points that you believe in, not post nonsense to try to prove a point.

Makes me laugh when I see people ask for Nerfs so early on in a meta.

My Jugg and Mara hit between 52-55k crits many times through the match and that’s fine for me.

My sin hits for 61k only on the opener and not any other time, so asking to nerf them is just ridiculous

Then I’ve played a few games now where operatives top the damage boards and they Crit much higher than Sins or any other class I’ve seen so far. Just saw one 85,913 :eek: (that’s half my health on a Mara).

Ive seen mercs and snipers constantly crits for 52k or higher all match. But people want to only nerf the Sins who only Crit 60k on the opener and at no other time.

I do agree sins and operatives for that matter shouldn’t be allowed to swap tactical’s once a match starts, but that’s the only change that needs to happen.

For everyone else whining about sins, L2P.

Someone needs to learn what is reflect utility and % of dps it reflects... with reflect on sin maul oper can do 97k but it is not opers dps

Edited by omaan

Someone needs to learn what is reflect utility and % of dps it reflects... with reflect on sin maul oper can do 97k but it is not opers dps

The thing is, U will evade Maul . U only reflect yellow DMG.

And krea

3-4 posts only about how op Pyro PT is

Its a littlebit of mimimimi

I mean this AE that U are talking about has 2 min CD and depends in how much ur hitting after her pops shield

Only burst PT hast the CD reduction on shield.

Vengence with Slam tactical? Not the Same?

Sorcs in lightning with the nice little tactical? The Same

Snipers on Saboteur with emp DMG inc? The Same

DMG output in all these AE speccs is insane. Deal with IT

Sin has the most consitance burst atm with only 3 buttons....

If U compare all classes u will notice that the classes are balanced so far.

Not perfectly but OK

The only Thing i would change is the DMG output of Tanks. Just reduce IT and give them a bonus in threat generation

Just my 2 Cents

At the very most, I would simply reduce the percentage boost on Death Knell set by a small amount.

No, I would not just flat out reduce the damage as that would gimp the class compared to others who got good bonuses.

Darth Maul used both force and weapon. Split the damage to +5% force/+5% weapon per stack. I know, people will miss the 85k Maul crits and will have to settle for 65-70k crits, but all force damage would make up for it with +15%. Tacticals like The Awakened Flame or May Cause Injury would benefit from this. As would Armor Pen amplifiers over Weapon Expertise.

Better balanced Assassin, happier newbs who still get ganked but can't explain why because all numbers look identical.

Edited by Monterone