Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Relics, Augments and MinMaxing

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Relics, Augments and MinMaxing

AndriusAjax
11.07.2019 , 09:32 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by ottffsse View Post
Crit ones are better in some situations...but only really for stuff like carnage / arsenal / and lightning where you are pushing up alacrity values in PvE to get to 1.3gcd thaanks to their inherent class alacrity buffs. In PvP you are likely running very low alacrity (unless you are a healer...then yeah you can use crit+mastery). So most of your stats go to crit anyways.

I think crit becomes more effective then the the other two once you are either at very even alac/ crit distribution for some reason or inverted - more alacrity than crit.
Playing ConOp, I've gotten so used to 1859 alac that it will be hard to come down. I was gonna meet myself in the middle at tier 2
| O N D R | scoundrel | O F F D R | operative
Huttball All-Star

Neulwen
11.10.2019 , 11:24 AM | #12
I heard that with the current bolster, any augments are actually detrimental? Does anyone know? I've only tested with old 238 and 242 in my weapons, and Power and Endurance remain unchanged; when augs are taken out I lose only the tertiary stat on them, but gain about as much Mastery (lose 58 crit, gain 61 mas; lose 55 acc, gain 58 mas).

Seterade
11.10.2019 , 11:44 AM | #13
done some testing with new augs. 3400 crit is 42/70% crit chance. and DR is 45/73%. havent tested alacrity and wont be until crafting is fixed. those crit augs cost me 35m per.

TrixxieTriss
11.10.2019 , 06:53 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Neulwen View Post
I heard that with the current bolster, any augments are actually detrimental? Does anyone know? I've only tested with old 238 and 242 in my weapons, and Power and Endurance remain unchanged; when augs are taken out I lose only the tertiary stat on them, but gain about as much Mastery (lose 58 crit, gain 61 mas; lose 55 acc, gain 58 mas).
I’m using the 228 augments because they give better secondary stats and don’t affect power, endurance or mastery bolster.

Neulwen
11.11.2019 , 08:41 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
I’m using the 228 augments because they give better secondary stats and don’t affect power, endurance or mastery bolster.
Aha. Thanks!

mjboehm
11.12.2019 , 09:58 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Neulwen View Post
I was messing around with augments yesterday, the power ones. What I saw one the character sheet was the new one made my stats go down with bolster. But then I started looking at my abilities and the new ones made them go up, so my guess is something is bugged and not displaying right.

Seterade
11.12.2019 , 11:19 AM | #17
power increases your overall dmg, however it doesnt balance out if you dont have secondary stats, ie alacrity and crit.

to put in simple terms, power is an over all dmg increaser. think of it in terms of a ball of iron. the more iron you you have, the heavier the ball and so the more damage it does when thrown. but were you to instead keep it small and say... sharpen it to a point (crit) then refine it with an alloy (alacrity) you would have a much more dangerous knife.

in the same way, swtor power stat is "good" in theory but much better when combined with crit and alacrity over full power.