PSA: If you play a non-stealth class and are struggling vs Stealth, use En Garde amps

Jinre_the_Jedi

This will mitigate 20% damage on their opener which will save you 40-50k Health. In this case, the defensive amps would outweigh the benefits of offensive amps since you would live long enough to outdamage a comparatively offensive set of amps.

I use En Garde amps myself on my Hatred Sin and the damage reduction is extremely noticeable and helps me get through the initial burst from my enemies without getting globalled.

Regardless of what needs to be balanced, this is a good immediate solution to the problem at hand.

Edited by Jinre_the_Jedi

Although its a good idea that would force ppl to have 2 sets one for pvp one for pve. I dont think its reliable this early into an expansion. Sure 1-2 months in but right now its just not something most ppl can do. Sure you can still run en grande in pve but losing 10% dps due to the fact that assassins/shadows 1-shot in pvp.For PvP only ppl this is a viable strategy but there is no pvp only atm due to the fact that pvp boxes item boxes suck.Besides all that effort and cash into something to counter 1 thing specifically that although cancer is not completely without counterplay.I watched your guide and in the opener there is a gcd the enemy can react so for instance marauders can just obfuscate the sin and that opener suddenly isnt as op. Still it would be outright better for the sin damage to be slightly nerfed alongside removing tac item swap.I am sure you agree that "mechanic" is absolute BS and shouldn't exist. TLDR: Sounds good, doesn't really work.

This will mitigate 20% damage on their opener which will save you 40-50k Health. In this case, the defensive amps would outweigh the benefits of offensive amps since you would live long enough to outdamage a comparatively offensive set of amps.

I use En Garde amps myself on my Hatred Sin and the damage reduction is extremely noticeable and helps me get through the initial burst from my enemies without getting globalled.

Well one of the biggest problem with stealth and non stealth classes is stealth classes can get out of combat multiple times so this amp works really for them but non stealth classes especially you are getting focused you have no chance to get out of combat. So this amp works a few times for sin or opers but only once for non stealth classes. If this was not cost extremely high would do it now and can change it later but it would cost a few hundred million credits and where gearing and augmenting costs almost 500 mil it is too much to waste on a temp solution. Already lost all credits we have to failed attempt to min max main toons.

Well one of the biggest problem with stealth and non stealth classes is stealth classes can get out of combat multiple times so this amp works really for them but non stealth classes especially you are getting focused you have no chance to get out of combat. So this amp works a few times for sin or opers but only once for non stealth classes. If this was not cost extremely high would do it now and can change it later but it would cost a few hundred million credits and where gearing and augmenting costs almost 500 mil it is too much to waste on a temp solution. Already lost all credits we have to failed attempt to min max main toons.

While it's true that stealth classes can get more bang for their buck, the primary use of this would be to mitigate the damage of the Sin's opener. This is good because after you get pass the opener, their sustained damage is mediocre. If they were to vanish and try again, it would just reset your own En Garde amp countdown, so it's a very good way to counter assassin's opener when your guarding an off-node solo on a non-stealth class.

Although its a good idea that would force ppl to have 2 sets one for pvp one for pve. I dont think its reliable this early into an expansion. Sure 1-2 months in but right now its just not something most ppl can do. Sure you can still run en grande in pve but losing 10% dps due to the fact that assassins/shadows 1-shot in pvp.For PvP only ppl this is a viable strategy but there is no pvp only atm due to the fact that pvp boxes item boxes suck.Besides all that effort and cash into something to counter 1 thing specifically that although cancer is not completely without counterplay.I watched your guide and in the opener there is a gcd the enemy can react so for instance marauders can just obfuscate the sin and that opener suddenly isnt as op. Still it would be outright better for the sin damage to be slightly nerfed alongside removing tac item swap.I am sure you agree that "mechanic" is absolute BS and shouldn't exist. TLDR: Sounds good, doesn't really work.

Whether people deem it viable for them to do it or not is up to them, I was merely giving the suggestion friend. For our PvP only friends out there (and i'm sure there's many of them), having 20% reduced damage for the first 10 seconds of combat will almost always outweigh any DPS amps you have if you play a class that can't get that damage off in the first place. For example, I would totally take these amps on a Juggernaut DPS who is often focused first, or even Hatred sin who's squishy (although I actually do have these on my Hatred sin and find them better than DPS amps because it's one of the squishier specs out there).

is it really a 10% dps loss when the games pve is centered around gear and not amps? your assumption of a 10% loss in dps for pve is an expectation that pve cant be beaten without* that 10% buff.

post edit: it is noteworthy that in fact you cant achieve "10" because only armorings, barrels and hilts can be force and tech boosted to a max of 1%, and you can only possess 9 of these. this may not seem to be that big of a deal, but many people have .7 and .8 as their amps and a % slot down from 10 can easily result in 8%, and most likely will be a reality since there is no cap on amp costs, and they dont reset daily as outlined supposedly in a stream.

Edited by Seterade

First, let me preface by saying I like you Krea you got a good stream and you provide the community content. Here comes the but you are starting to sound like Baghdad Merc from 5.0 when everyone knew it was OP except those that mained them or want to protect the crutch. The amount of FOTM running to this class suggests that they are not balanced quite the opposite. You can keep up with this charade if you like but that all it is a charade.

Everything is BIOWARE history suggests that this was not intended and maybe this crusade of yours is hoping that they don't nerf it that hard

Edited by Kinsal

First, let me preface by saying I like you Krea you got a good stream and you provide the community content. Here comes the but you are starting to sound like Baghdad Merc from 5.0 when everyone knew it was OP except those that mained them or want to protect the crutch. The amount of FOTM running to this class suggests that they are not balanced quite the opposite. You can keep up with this charade if you like but that all it is a charade.

Everything is BIOWARE history suggests that this was not intended and maybe this crusade of yours is hoping that they don't nerf it that hard

I simply offered a solution for those struggling atm. I don’t care if they nerf Sins, I actually want them to nerf them. But thank you for your kind words.

Regardless of what needs to be balanced, this is a good immediate solution to the problem at hand.

Good advice.

Aren’t you going to lose out on most if not all DPS amps just to survive the first seconds before a sin can just reopen you again while En Garde is gone or if they just wait out En Garde. Seems like this solution would only work in a 1v1 scenario. Which therefore wouldn’t be worth the probably high cost of outfitting in En Garde. Edited by UltraFlashStar