Don't worry Bioware...everyone with a mentality older than 16 understands

Goldeye

...that this is like a free grace period and that anytime that we get in before the 20th is a gift. You should just ban the QQers...we don't want them around either.

I don't think the title of the thread is fair to those folks who are 16 or younger but mature enough to relax and wait their turn :)

...that this is like a free grace period and that anytime that we get in before the 20th is a gift. You should just ban the QQers...we don't want them around either.

If you only knew you're no different than the so called whinners. Just do a search, and see the number of posts just like yours.

Well I could be misunderstanding myself, but seems to me the QQer's are QQing about nothing.

From the Dev Tracker http://www.swtor.com/community/devtracker.php

We absolutely understand you want to get in and play the game early. It's one of the reasons we expanded our Early Game Access from a maximum of five days to a maximum of seven days. However, there are a couple of important points to realize about today's opening salvo of invites, and the procedure in general for Early Game Access and launch.

First, Early Game Access and launch is not supposed to be a stress test. In our previous Beta Testing Weekends we got up to very large concurrent number of players and brought invites into the game at a very high rate. That was done to stress test every aspect of our systems and servers, and essentially to see if they broke. In some cases, they did, but that helped us improve for launch.

For us, launch isn't just about stuffing our servers with as many people as possible. As anyone who's been through a large MMO launch can tell you, that experience can be painful. Our aim with this launch was to ramp things up gradually, to spread our player population out amongst a variety of servers, to maintain all server types, and to keep queuing to a minimum (although we expect that to happen as we head towards December 20th). So far, all that has been successful for us on Day One.

The second thing to realize is scale. We invited more people to play Star Wars: The Old Republic today than many other MMO launches manage in their entire head-start process. As I mentioned earlier today, when we opened pre-orders we had a huge spike in numbers - far more than most MMOs capture at launch. That was the initial rush. After that, our pre-orders settled down.

What this means is that tomorrow, you'll effectively start to see the pre-order timeline expand. You'll see people who have pre-ordered later than July getting invites. The day after that, more people will be invited. We're actually planning to invite more tomorrow than today, and invite the same number again on Thursday - at which point we'll be into the original 'five days of Early Game Access'.

Last thing. Why aren't we continuing to send waves over time? Two main reasons - one, because we need to see that the servers are maintaining stability over time; adding a lot of players in a short period (in other words, stress testing) can cause stability issues.

Two, our plan is to continue to add servers - but carefully, and in response to demand. We need to monitor that demand and roll out servers accordingly. A long-term recipe for MMO failure is to add a lot of servers early on, and then when population decreases, have to close those servers and merge them together.

Our aim is for Star Wars: The Old Republic to be around for a long time to come. Today's just the first step in that - an early step, too - and we'll be running smoothly, with a stable population, before too long.

Everyone will be getting at least one day of Early Game Access - unless you pre-order on the 19th, in which case it could be less depending on the speed of your game download, etc. If you do pre-order less than a day before we end Early Game Access, you'll get access granted very soon after you redeem your pre-order code.

What I interpret this as (Which I could be wrong), is that there is a good chance almost everyone will be game on 15th. And after that if you pre-order the game you will get to play as soon as possible with a minimum of 1 day if you preorder before the 19th.

Which makes sense.

Though I think their original plan was to stagger it out between the 15th and 19th, but changed their minds due to public outcry before bumping the date ahead.

Edit: As long as I get to play some time this weekend i'm happy. I didn't expect to get in today, and when I pre-ordered they were still advertising their original strategy.

Edited by Amialis

Ban the QQers? Yeah, great business decision! Let's upset even more of the playerbase by banning them!

Why do you think Blizz has such a large cash cow? They know how to pander to the QQers. You don't ban them, you give some of them what they ask for now, and then take it away later and give it to some of the others QQers who didn't get it the first time around. Rinse, repeat.

And btw, making an assumption of someone's age based on how they feel about EA/Bioware's handling of early game access if very ignorant.

I'm one of those that's upset with how they decided to handle it, and I'm far older than 16, lol.

Please do ban me. And before that: give me my money back.

I take huge offense to players being max level before I even get to see the loading page. I also take huge offense to someone being allowed to name-lock on all servers... again... before I even get to see the loading page. I take huge offense if I am forced to change the way I want to play MMOs because some no-lifer will be max level and camping lowbie zones on PVP servers... and I also take huge offense that by the time I see the loading page, some no-lifer will likely be making epic crafted gear.

Oh - and I'm 33 years old... university educated... and no, I don't understand.

I take huge offense to players being max level before I even get to see the loading page. I also take huge offense to someone being allowed to name-lock on all servers... again... before I even get to see the loading page. I take huge offense if I am forced to change the way I want to play MMOs because some no-lifer will be max level and camping lowbie zones on PVP servers... and I also take huge offense that by the time I see the loading page, some no-lifer will likely be making epic crafted gear.

Oh oh somebody better call you a whambulance...did you need a hug?

you actually think these ppl who are ticked are under 16

you sir are really wrong

and now get ready for the trolls cause i smell em coming

Agreed. Time to pass out the adult baby bottles and depends so that these peoples can have a suckle and get some sleep.

It takes a lot of energy to throw temper tantrums and at 25 to 35 years old you just dont have as much energy.

Sadly the 16 and below crowd probably could care less compared to the much older and vocal man babies looking for a spare bioware teet.

Hrmm, yes, sad situation that. You know, they should teach people in school that you should never, EVER, start an MMO after launch day.

EVER.

Seriously, your problem is that somebody might have gotten to play the game before you did? Are you really 33? My god, if I have so much contempt for other people's playing time preceding mine when I'm your age I would be horrified.

Agreed. Time to pass out the adult baby bottles and depends so that these peoples can have a suckle and get some sleep.

It takes a lot of energy to throw temper tantrums and at 25 to 35 years old you just dont have as much energy.

Sadly the 16 and below crowd probably could care less compared to the much older and vocal man babies looking for a spare bioware teet.

ROFL yes!

I'm reposting this but whatevs...

Most of my rage is largely from the handling of this. It is a bad way to start. A lot of people remember when Blizzard first pushed WoW. The servers were unstable and overpopulated, they had to roll out hardware and you had to convince your friend to leave his 4 8-slot bags of Peacebloom on his level 15 Priest to reroll on a lighter server that was pushed the second day of launch.

There were mea culpas, pro-rated time for extended server downtime. There was humility involved. Now as the largest MMO in the world, there's none of that (especially after Activision's excised Blizzard's soul and replaced it with a clockwork heart of solid gold)... This is a pretty large undertaking by Bioware and its not like any of their other games. Mass Effect, Dragon Age, KOTOR... those were like getting ready for the prom. A lot of effort for one magical night. An MMO is like a wedding... A lot of effort for a long term relationship. If they're already sticking it to you on the prenup to you before the "I Do's", it's a bad precedence to set. It shows a pattern of unapologetic behavior and bull that's going to follow this game through its gaffes.

Sadly, SWTOR is going to need every advantage it can get and crossing your base before they even get a chance to invest in the game is a very bad prediction of what things will be like in the long haul.

LOL mentality older than 16, you mean people born in the 90's? yeah those under 16 you mean.

Watch em backtalk to me without even reading rofl.

fanboys

Greetings Everyone!

This thread has steered off-topic to the general discussion of Star Wars™: The Old Republic™. We ask that everyone be respectful to each other to promote a positive community environment on these forums. We will now be closing this thread because it has become off-topic.