Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

All Cartel Purchased Items/Unlocks = Bound to Account

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
All Cartel Purchased Items/Unlocks = Bound to Account

Ratajack
06.20.2014 , 03:05 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by EnkiduNineEight View Post

As it stands, only one character on your account can use any item. You can only have one character logged in. So it stands to reason that the items you purchase be accessible to each of the characters you create because the one copy s 'shared' amongst all of the characters you have.
You are not asking for ONE copy that is shared between characters, as in a BOL set of armor. That would require you to pay the credit cost to change the mods if you wanted to "share" that ONE piece between your sorcerer and your marauder.

I would be far more inclined to support a request to make the CM armors BOL than I am inclined to support granting infinite copies without paying the cost to unlock them in the collections.

You are asking that EACH AND EVERY character you have, present and future, receive an identical set of armor if you purchase ONE, without having to pay the cost to unlock in collections. You are asking that EACH AND EVERY character you have, present and future, obtain and identical speeder when you purchase ONE, without having to pay the cost to unlock it in collections.

There is a vast difference between asking to share a SINGLE item and asking to be able to create infinite copies without paying the cost to unlock that item in collections.

Datawraith
06.22.2014 , 03:20 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by EnkiduNineEight View Post
Been suggested before, suggesting it again.

Anything purchased with Cartel Coins should be automatically unlocked for your entire account. The 'real world equivalent' value of many of these items is significantly high, well in excess of 10$ worth of cartel coins and so once this purchase is made, it should be available to the player on all of their characters on any server.

Unless you want to shift your model for true 'micro' transactions where they cost 0.99 USD equivalent for the most expensive items, and less for the rest, there is little to know reason for the high price UNLESS the price builds in that these things are unlocked to you, the player of the game, in perpetuity, on any character you may ever create.

People with subs, who purchase additional Cartel Coins, are adding to your profitability already and so it is a small thing to return their loyalty as customers by making the things they purchase available to their account.

In fact, I would suggest you make this a 'Subscriber Perk'. EG - If you are subscribed and make a cartel market purchase, it automatically unlocks for the whole account. Preferred characters unlock it for their legacy. f2p players unlock it for just the single character.
I like this suggestion EnkiduNineEight, definitely /signed.
"The Force can be bent to your will, but often there is a cost. The most powerful rituals of the dark side exact a toll few are willing to pay."

Lunafox
06.22.2014 , 03:30 AM | #23
This makes sense to me. I find it's absolutely repellent to spent over $20. on something like...a black varactyl or a black tauntaun, and then having to pay *even more* (like 8-10$ more) so that your other toons can use it too.

I completely agree with the OP's suggestion. Once it's bought, it should be available to all the toons for a subbed account with no extra unlock charges. It's thievery in my opinion, and because I feel this way, and the way things have been going lately, they lost me. I'm not paying anything extra to the CS for items or unlocks any more.

therandyman
06.23.2014 , 07:24 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Ratajack View Post
Cars are expensive. Why shouldn't we be able to buy only one car and have every member of our families, present and future, get an identical car?
To answer your question, it is because atoms are heavy.